Spiritual Portal
Apr 19, 2024 12:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Meditation Q & A

Recent Items

Views: 31
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Meditation Q & A  (Read 2727 times)
guest88
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2019 10:19 pm »

I find that even if I have what I want-
a loving partner, a steady income, good health, a supportive family and a wonderful group of friends that the occasional bout of loneliness will still find a way to creep in. What is loneliness? Is it human nature to always long for something more? We may not even know what that more is and sometimes we just get lonely when there's no apparent reason for it. Sometimes we think, I should like to be intimate with this person. Then when we finally get it, the idea becomes lost and over time the longing for something more comes back, as does the loneliness. Sometimes we will be in the middle of a family celebration and even then feel the creeping effects of loneliness, like something is missing and or a craving for something more that can not be easily explained. Is it not a sign that no one person outside ourselves can satisfy the deeper parts of our being?
Can meditation liberate us from feeling lonely?
What are some helpful techniques or things to concentrate on to help alleviate the feeling?
In truth we are so blessed if we take the time daily to find the blessings... So why do we long for something that escapes comprehension? Are we no longer aware while we are experiencing these run of emotions?

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: