Spiritual Portal
Feb 27, 2020 08:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Daze of Heaven's new album: World Color

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Central Part of Italy

Recent Items

Views: 8
Comments (1)
By: tides2dust

Views: 8
Comments (1)
By: Steve Hydonus

Views: 5
Comments (1)

Views: 3
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Central Part of Italy  (Read 15 times)
Steve Hydonus
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Aug 24, 2016 04:53 pm »

Mccoy

Did you feel the shake? Or do live quite a ways from the earthquake? Sounds like you r just as vulnerable to earthquakes as i have been while in California.
« Last Edit: Aug 24, 2016 08:04 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/POW0FKCqgM8
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus music/songs<br />http://.googlepages.com/  (Personal website)<br />email:ombabaji@hotmail.com (For CD\'s
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: Aug 25, 2016 11:27 am »

Steve, the quake was no far from the place where I live and pretty close to the place where I'm working.
My wife was scared to death even though the shaking in my house was moderate.

Italy suffers this hideous collective karma: most buildings in the mountainous, seismic areas are totally inadequate to withstand large earthquakes. Those houses were built with poor materials, local stone kept together with sand and lime. The buidings literally crumble down during a major quake, as you've probably seen in teh news reports.

So, seismic retrofitting has a substantial cost which not everyone is able to incur. Bottom line, you live resigned to death if the quake hits.

Report Spam   Logged
Steve Hydonus
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #2 on: Aug 25, 2016 12:26 pm »

Steve, the quake was no far from the place where I live and pretty close to the place where I'm working.

Italy suffers this hideous collective karma: most buildings in the mountainous, seismic areas are totally inadequate to withstand large earthquakes. Those houses were built with poor materials, local stone kept together with sand and lime. The buidings literally crumble down during a major quake, as you've probably seen in teh news reports.

So, seismic retrofitting has a substantial cost which not everyone is able to incur. Bottom line, you live resigned to death if the quake hits.

mccoy i have been thinking about u on and off last nite. Then started praying to stop the thinking. i pictured u helping others.
i am glad you r o.k. and was happy to here from u today.

i know what is going to happen in California as well and when it does no one will have anything to say. because it has been a time bomb and we r on puppet strings. When mother nature finally delivers her wake up call, it will be a rude awakening indeed. i have had a desire to b out there because i miss the long meditations. Though there is no safe places on earth today. There r places where people want to live where they seem to b looking to fulfill a fateful hour in their life. Mother earth is a living being and she has had enough abuse. We can see that as long as we, as a race, have little concern for what we have done to the earth and the environment... It is as Brahmachari Wolfgang told me when i asked him about the surrealistic environment and population expansion out there. "Nature will take care of it".
« Last Edit: Aug 25, 2016 12:47 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/POW0FKCqgM8
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus music/songs<br />http://.googlepages.com/  (Personal website)<br />email:ombabaji@hotmail.com (For CD\'s
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Aug 25, 2016 01:07 pm »

I appreciate your concern, Steve, to reassure you I'll say that I live in the coast and that's in Italy is usually less seismic than in the mountains, although there is no really safe area here, same as California. Besides, my house is not an old and vulnerable one.

What can be done about earthquakes is prevention: like they do in Japan, buldings must be all seismic resistant, no other way. And even there we have seen that the nuclear industry seriously botched it during last tsunami.

In most countries, people either live in blissful ignorance or do not have the means to live in seismic proof houses and live in a resigned state.

In California at least there is awareness and many houses are small and hopefuly little prone to collapse. The disaster situation will be similar to what happened in New Orleans, everyone knows there is impending danger but what can you do with a whole metropolis?

The advantage of New Orleans over LA and SF is that you know when a hurricane is approaching, whereas you don't know when a quake is going to hit.

Report Spam   Logged
tides2dust
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: Aug 25, 2016 09:23 pm »

hello mccoy,

glad you and your wife are well! i saw this on the news the other day.
Report Spam   Logged

peace ~ <3
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: Aug 27, 2016 02:21 pm »

hello mccoy,
glad you and your wife are well! i saw this on the news the other day.

Hi daemoon, We're all right, I'm just a little bit concerned about the mechanical resistance of my house, should there be a future earthquake in the propinquity.

I'll work out the technical details and probably reinforce some structural elements.
Report Spam   Logged
Little Hoot

« Reply #6 on: Sep 03, 2016 06:56 am »

Meanwhile we will pray for the safety of you and your home. I will remind the midnite astrologer.
« Last Edit: Sep 03, 2016 06:59 am by Little Hoot » Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: Sep 05, 2016 01:43 pm »

Meanwhile we will pray for the safety of you and your home. I will remind the midnite astrologer.

All prayers will be useful and are sure appreciated!!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: