Spiritual Portal
Apr 18, 2024 04:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

any videos of spiritual masters passing?

Recent Items

Views: 31
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: any videos of spiritual masters passing?  (Read 907 times)
guest88
« on: Sep 16, 2016 01:30 am »

not to sound grim but the older i get the more i think of death. we all have to die and i wonder if there are any documented cases of spiritual masters passing away.

we will all face death and this personality will cease to exist. . . as far as i know . . . ? ? ?
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #1 on: Sep 16, 2016 03:16 am »

not to sound grim but the older i get the more i think of death. we all have to die and i wonder if there are any documented cases of spiritual masters passing away.

we will all face death and this personality will cease to exist. . . as far as i know . . . ? ? ?

Nomaste Eric,

With Pluto transiting the ascendent these kind of questions are likely to come up. U are thinking more about death and rebirth. It is also more likely that you yourself may have death and rebirths during this time and someone or something may be taken out of your life so life can reawaken differently for you.

There is quite a bit of info on Yogananda's death since it happened at the Baltimore Hotel in Los Angeles and he apparently told many of his close devotees he would pass on. He gave an inspiring speech and after the last words he fell to the ground in front of an auditorium and was pronounced dead on the spot.

Jitendra

He was also intuitive to such a degree that he predicted his own death. “I will not die in bed, but with my boots on, speaking of God and India.” After he gave a speech in 1952 and ended with a reading from his poem “My India”, he lifted his eyes upward and entered mahasamadhi, an advanced yogi’s earth exit. He had died as he had lived,exhorting man to know God. (from the Introduction of Man’s Eternal Quest)
« Last Edit: Sep 16, 2016 05:10 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
ding dong

« Reply #2 on: Sep 16, 2016 01:21 pm »

I'm not sure what you mean by "documented cases" but you might like this video.

Report Spam   Logged
ding dong

« Reply #3 on: Sep 16, 2016 01:34 pm »

By documented cases you mean stories about the day they died?
Report Spam   Logged
the 10 moods of dr. kook

« Reply #4 on: Sep 16, 2016 05:14 pm »

The Doc needs u for a demented case!  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Sep 16, 2016 05:19 pm by the 10 moods of dr. kook » Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: Sep 16, 2016 05:55 pm »

i share moments of Joy with u and thanks for sharing such a wonderful experience with us also Oshos explanation for dying  at the hands of fanatical Christians which he spoke very little of...a victory over persecution....
.....instead leaving us with his incredible humor and his joyess presence!

The Doc needs u for a demented case!  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Sep 16, 2016 06:01 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
the 10 moods of dr. kook

« Reply #6 on: Sep 16, 2016 10:30 pm »

Yea doc-u-ment-it!
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #7 on: Sep 16, 2016 10:44 pm »

thanks for the replies guys. ding dong, i meant video recording of a person passing.

i do appreciate the osho video, very interesting.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: Sep 17, 2016 04:40 am »

Now i lay me down to sleep.
i pray the Lord my soul to keep.
And if i die in pain and need.
Let me laugh and joke,
Like Osho please.

Amen
« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2016 04:42 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
guest88
« Reply #9 on: Sep 20, 2016 02:44 am »

something i am still puzzled by. last night i was meditating and my mind came back to this and these thoughts i could not seem to let go of so i stopped meditating... my mind went off to think of death and i felt an immense sorrow or pain. perhaps i just need to adjust my perception. i think i've been through this before, i think i've experienced death before. i thought, if i live in love, for the moment... build family and friends see a connectedness here in this world i am still fearful. most will say this is my ego, so be it. but i think of the mind. if you ever chat with yourself, that voice inside, disappears. not just "the voice" but everything you've shared and witnessed turns into nothing. mainly i hurt because of the love shared between people, the memories stored in the mind... this will all turn off. maybe i love myself, my personality and to think that my personality will cease, a scary thought. of course, the older eric who used to meditate daily and be vegetarian and practice his belief more would probably have this different perception the current eric seeks lol. my beliefs then were more of a knowing and didn't need all this questioning. yet i still feel this pain... funny things is i used to never get sad as a child when family members would pass. even my grandma told me she knew when she was going to die and had no fear. what a brave woman ....

hmm
Report Spam   Logged
ding dong

« Reply #10 on: Sep 20, 2016 04:05 am »

Beautiful post, Eric! 

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
ding dong

« Reply #11 on: Sep 20, 2016 04:13 am »

Ramana used to point out how everyone looks forward to going to sleep and quitting all their thoughts and impressions for a while. In sleep, we are dipping into the Self unconsciously. In fact, the unconsciousness is a superimposition on the Turiya state. Also, when we are enjoying lovely thoughts and perceptions in the waking state those are also a reflection of the bliss of the Self.

Kiss

When Ramana was dying he said, "They say that I am leaving. Where could I go? I am here."
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: Sep 20, 2016 04:54 am »

something i am still puzzled by. last night i was meditating and my mind came back to this and these thoughts i could not seem to let go of so i stopped meditating... my mind went off to think of death and i felt an immense sorrow or pain. perhaps i just need to adjust my perception. i think i've been through this before, i think i've experienced death before. i thought, if i live in love, for the moment... build family and friends see a connectedness here in this world i am still fearful. most will say this is my ego, so be it. but i think of the mind. if you ever chat with yourself, that voice inside, disappears. not just "the voice" but everything you've observed, shared and witnessed turns into nothing. mainly i hurt because of the love shared between people, the memories stored in the mind... this will all turn off. maybe i love myself, my personality and to think that my personality will cease, a scary thought. of course, the older eric who used to meditate daily and be vegetarian and practice his belief more would probably have this different perception the current eric seeks lol. my beliefs then were more of a knowing and didn't need all this questioning. yet i still feel this pain... funny things is i used to never get sad as a child when family members would pass. even my grandma told me she knew when she was going to die and had no fear. what a brave woman ....

hmm

i just had a wondeful meditation Eric and you were very much a part of it. i tried to break thru and find its meaning as i brought u so close to my consciousness but i was stopped at feeling close and any more answers were undisclosed. At times it is not for us to know why...
only to know and acknowledge acting on our inner stirrings. It can be almost as though there are gaurdian angels preparing us for the changes ahead. As you know there are such intuitions and it is for us to cooperate in their assistance or to make matters worst by taking them in our own hands and go on in our routines until we run recklessly up against a wall. There are things and people that hold us in karmic bondage. Somethings must go...only to make way for a better you!
« Last Edit: Sep 20, 2016 07:59 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
guest88
« Reply #13 on: Sep 20, 2016 08:11 pm »

thank you steve for your thoughts and thank you brock for sharing what you've learned. i'll let it go after this but brock, the sleeping mind is still a mind with an on switch. maybe passing in your sleep isn't so bad...? but witnessing yourself shut down is still mind boggling.

i think maybe meditation helps with passing away. i think learning to be selfless helps. who knows... maybe we're born so we can learn how to die (among other things...)
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: Sep 21, 2016 01:46 pm »

Daemoon, it is an assured thing that our bodies are going to die, but science today is suggesting some methods to manipulate karma and postpone the moment of death.

Pls see the 'thread on longevity' I just opened in the healt section.

Also, it would be interesting to discuss the relationship between the moment of death as foreseen by our karma and the possibility to prevent such death by wise manipulation of the genetic pathways which rule the decay of body with age.
This includes the adjustment of our behaviour to avoid stupid things which would endanger our life.
« Last Edit: Sep 21, 2016 01:48 pm by mccoy » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: