Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 11:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Ya just never know...

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ya just never know...  (Read 429 times)
ding dong

« on: Sep 28, 2016 10:07 am »

I started for the wal-mart this morning. I was going to buy some cereal. When I was leaving the parking lot of the apartment complex a distressed woman waved me down. She was obviously in an emotionally distraught state. I didn't know what the situation might be - domestic dispute or something. She was clearly emotional. All I know is she said she wanted to be taken home. I explained to her that I didn't know where she was talking about (i've only been here since June) but so long as my fourth of a tank of gas would make it it was fine. "I'll give you money, I'll give you money" she said. It's not necessary I told her, so long as we have enough gas to get wherever she was talking about. So I told her to get in. As she got in the car she immediately handed me a $100 bill. I told her that was to much and that I was only concerned that we have enough gas to get to where she was talking about. She insisted I have it, and I tried to give it back to her two more times. As we started riding along, whenever she started talking she seemed like she would break into tears at any moment. She explained to me that she had dropped her daughter off at school and then ran out of gas. She said she was 51 years old and her life was messed up. She kept telling me how sweet I was and then she said, "You may have saved my life." At this point I was thinking she is escaping an angry husband or something. Then she tells me, "I was going to commit suicide today." I simply said wow. I don't understand why she said I may have saved her life, as I was only giving her a ride to her house. She then asked me if I believed in God. I responded to her that, "Yes, in some sense. It is a mystery and I don't pretend to know much for sure." She then asked me if I went to church which I told her that I did not. Then we just had small talk. For some reason, I didn't think to ask her what was troubling her. When we pulled up to her quite nice house I let her out and rubbed her shoulder and looked into her eyes and said bye. A few hours later, I went to check to see if the car she had left was still in the parking lot of our apartment complex and it was not. I checked with the apartment office to make sure it hadn't been towed. So, I assume she got it. But the truth is I have been feeling bad and worried about leaving her since she had mentioned suicide.

« Last Edit: Sep 28, 2016 10:17 am by ding dong!! » Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #1 on: Sep 29, 2016 04:00 am »

Hello Brock

I gave a little time to your experience and then thought to myself; you know it is possible that the two of you could help one another. All my life i have met people of all different ages and have made friends with them. i would suggest knocking on her door sometime and ask her how she is doing. She may need another ride somewhere if you ask her and i definately would not feel guilty about taking a taxi fare! Help and friends sometime come in the most unusual ways. Thats what makes life interesting and that is why we have to respond to it creatively. Certainly we should never let exciting opprtunities in life escape us.

Steve
« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2016 04:07 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
ding dong

« Reply #2 on: Sep 29, 2016 04:57 am »

Yeah, thanks Steve. I have thought about driving back to her house to check on her and try to give her $100 bill back to her again. Interestingly, if you have a cell phone connected to google, it tracks everywhere you go so I was able to find the route we took to her house which was kind of out in the sticks. Otherwise I would not be able to remember how to get back there.   
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Sep 29, 2016 08:05 am »

Some people are very lonely and need a friend. In this loneliness they often are much more receptive to spiritual ideas. That is why we are often lead to solitary lives....so we are more receptive to meditation and spiritual practice. It is a blessing in disguise.

You may ask the question: Why me? The answer is that when soneone sincerely asks for help often a little message may be dropped in their minds and they ask or seek you out. This service is part of our spiritual sadhana. We have found something that can help others if they are receptive.
« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2016 08:20 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
ding dong

« Reply #4 on: Sep 29, 2016 08:54 pm »

~ Update ~

I just got back from her house. I returned $95 of the $100 she gave to me (I used the $5 as gas to get to her house). We sat on her porch and talked for two hours, enjoying lovely conversation. I told her that it was nice to make a friend. I learned she is going through a situation with her husband, who is a lawyer. This makes me a bit wary, but I gave her my contact information and told her that if she ever thinks of suicide again to consider calling and we could hang out or talk.

I hope this is the right think. I think this is what doing the right thing feels like.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: Sep 29, 2016 09:46 pm »

~ Update ~

I just got back from her house. I returned $95 of the $100 she gave to me (I used the $5 as gas to get to her house). We sat on her porch and talked for two hours, enjoying lovely conversation. I told her that it was nice to make a friend. I learned she is going through a situation with her husband, who is a lawyer. This makes me a bit wary, but I gave her my contact information and told her that if she ever thinks of suicide again to consider calling and we could hang out or talk.

I hope this is the right think. I think this is what doing the right thing feels like.

Well the first thing i can think of is this. i would have felt o.k. with keeping more of the money. i think it is good you made another connection. i can understand your being wary about getting mixed up in a relationship problem. i have had both good and bad outcomes. It can be very unrewarding especially when you may be helping and later it may not be seen that way. Many people have little or no appreciation for how you helped them.
« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2016 09:49 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
ding dong

« Reply #6 on: Sep 29, 2016 11:11 pm »

I just have to make sure that things remain appropriate since she is a woman, I'm a guy, and she is having problems in her marriage. Ya know? Yeahhh...don't want to get mixed up in a relationship problem.
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #7 on: Sep 30, 2016 01:26 am »

in the moment, things were made right. now that moment is passed and you feel something from it all. curious to these emotions, a beautiful experience, it came and went. bless youand bless this lady for teaching us all something here with your caring act.

thank you for sharing brock. glad she is okay. iv'e been mxed up in these relationships, best to let it flow natural at that. only get involved if you wish to, and even then question your motif now that the experience is over- otherwise your kindness may be taken advantage of.

speaking from personal experience of course... i know it's not the same...

cheers
Report Spam   Logged
ding dong

« Reply #8 on: Sep 30, 2016 02:58 pm »

I can't see any reason why I would get involved. Do-gooders almost never come out unscathed. I don't see any point in sticking my nose in this. Ramana said, "As far as possible, one should stay out of others affairs." Think I will.

Do the right thing in the moment and leave it behind - Sri Ramana Maharshi

« Last Edit: Sep 30, 2016 02:59 pm by ding dong!! » Report Spam   Logged
ding dong

« Reply #9 on: Sep 30, 2016 03:00 pm »

"Helpers" invariably have a desire they are trying to fulfill through the helping.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: Sep 30, 2016 04:35 pm »

"Helpers" invariably have a desire they are trying to fulfill through the helping.

Most of us have our hands full just working on ourselves. There is very little we can do for others till we have 'helped" ourselves. With that desire foremost there will always be people seeking our help without us looking for them. We just have to recognize when they are ungrateful or we have gotten over our heads and lost our original purpose which is working on ourselves. It is always good to develop that desire. The desire to help and improve ourselves. If we are at all sucessful we will find that others seek us out. Then we have to have the discrimination to know if we can help. Life is continually a learning process.
« Last Edit: Sep 30, 2016 04:48 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
ding dong

« Reply #11 on: Sep 30, 2016 04:54 pm »

It's enough to work on ourselves, for sure. I don't want to be sought out for help as I have my hands full here. There was a damning book written about Ramana by one of his former attendants. Ramana wanted to sell it at the gate of the asramam so that people would stop coming and leave him alone. He commented on how people do not realize how hard it is to be a "swami". Swamis are someone who is spozed to "help". There is a misconception among spiritual people that it is their job to "help" others. This is patently false. Their job is to help themselves and others will be helped automatically. Sri Ramana said the greatest service you can render the world is to realize the Self. Until then, you can assume you have your hands full. That doesn't mean you can't do the right thing in the moment. But you should not get unduly involved with people so as to stroke your savior boner. This is idiocy.

I will also say this. Sexual magnetism exists between the sexes at any age. I will leave it there.
« Last Edit: Sep 30, 2016 04:56 pm by ding dong!! » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: