Spiritual Portal
Apr 20, 2024 03:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

New Documentary on Climate Change

Recent Items

Views: 3
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 9
Comments (0)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Documentary on Climate Change  (Read 694 times)
guest88
« on: Nov 07, 2016 04:59 pm »

Tonight was rather interesting to say the least. I was quite surprised to find I had the opportunity to speak with a few geophysicists about global warming. There is no doubt that they can all agree global warming exist but what was interesting was to find that the general head figures all felt that the man made contribution to global warming sums up to about 2%. They also feel that the 2% is enough make a difference and is recognized as a point of debate.

Although I am no scientist, I could not believe that I was now talking among a group of people passionate about Earth after our recent talks on the same subject here. It was rather hard to keep up with mentions of anthropogenics, sun spots, sea ice and polar ice... One of them told me that the polar ice caps have melted before and will melt again and again in the far future... A female scientist told me how sad she felt sad for the polar bears. Another said the ice age will likely happen again.

In any case I have much material to study up on now. It was also interesting noting that this group agreed climate as being defined as the observable effects or changes made within a minimum of 50 years time. Well,rather tired... just wanted to share due to the wild synchronicity of it all. One gentlemen said it wasn't until the 70's that tectonic shifts were accepted and that a reason global warming is so widely debated now is thanks to our evolution in communications which is something I've always been fascinated by.

Tonight made it clear that I've very little understanding on the subject but if I am going to continue to debate climate change then I have a whole lot more to research...

Just before ending the night a gentlemen explained to me that 99% of earths species are extinct. Man mad contribution to global warming does accelerate a recurring pattern which is why they feel the 2% contribution is enough to make a point of. He asked me to look at something called the 6th extinction?  I'm all for solar and wind power but the economics behind it is the challenge. I wonder how economical it is to feed cows only seaweed? Just curious.

(Tried moving this and ended up splitting the topic by accident. Hopefully everything is fixed now. Updated some parts to go along with this thread)
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: