Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 02:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Amma's meals at the retreats.

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Amma's meals at the retreats.  (Read 255 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Dec 01, 2016 06:04 am »

Mccoy You have been talking right along about the need for fresh vegetables for longevity and the prevention of cancer and other dis-eases. I noticed that every day of the retreat with Amma; salads were part of one or two of the meals. I have made salads, fresh vegetables and vegetable juices a regular occurrence in my diet. By the way I recently saw a doctor and there is no trace of dis-ease at this time. I was ready to go on one of your fasts if I heard otherwise.
« Last Edit: Dec 01, 2016 06:08 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2016 01:57 pm »

Steve, I'm exceedingly glad to hear that things appear to be better. My interest in the recent advances of nutrition is fuelling itself now, and as soon as I'm over with this preliminary phase I'd like to open a thread with a general synopsis of practical interest for us. The most interesting thing is that most of the dietary suggestions given by Yogananda in his lessons and by the Yoga teachers in general have turned out to be scientifically very grounded.

Re. vegetables: the importance of vegetables in the diet has been underlined in an interesting way by Terry Wahls, the medical doctor who got multiple sclerosis and managed to heal herself by nutrition. She doesn't advocate a vegetarian diet for different reasons, but her protocol mandatorily includes the daily 9-cups plan:

-3 cups green leafy vegetables (packed and raw, or 2 cups cooked), raw or cooked
-3 cups coloured fruit or vegetables (yellow, red, orange, green-inside fruit or vegetables)
-3 cups sulphuric vegetables (cabbage, kale, cauliflower, turnip greens, broccoli and so on).

The chromatic concept is very interesting and intuitively sensible. Each color is an expression of a different chemical and pranic nutrient or groups of nutrients, all of which are essential for our health. Leafy green vegetables and sulphuric vegetables also have their own group of necessary micronutrients an healing or protecting phytomolecules. Not every micronutrient is known to science so we should try and differentiate as much as possible.

I'm following her suggestions now and encourage everyone you included to follow that as much as possible, I feel intuitively that she's pretty much right on this.

Last but not least, 10 days ago I finished my first 5-days FMD (fast mimicking diet). It was a practical success. I suggest it to everyone and especially to you Steve, since it is relatively easy to follow and the symptoms are those of a water fast but milder. I'll open another thread as well and post the exact foods and amounts I ate, which gives an idea as to the diet's pattern.

Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #2 on: Jun 13, 2018 05:05 am »

I am thinking I may stay for lunch.

Mccoy, I will have to search your threads for this FMD.
Your post is much appreciated and if you see this thread, your presence is cherished here.

I was wondering if I should fast the day of up to lunch or the day before the visit... ? I am currently cleaning my system, aside from personal interest but also the hopes I may receive and share in the loving energy for what is to come... I am excited but from this I hope to keep an open and calm nature, not expecting anything other then a nice trip.

Kind Regards
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: