Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 01:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Should we expect our dreams to come true?

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 0
Comments (0)

Views: 2
Comments (0)

Views: 3
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Should we expect our dreams to come true?  (Read 191 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Dec 04, 2016 04:00 am »

We all have dreams. What are our dreams? Are they something we should hope to manifest or are they only a fiction and we are unrealistic about our dream anticipations or even worst yet; we our delusional in our dreams.

I find dreams are a strange thing mostly because even when they do come true they usually end up with many unexpected difficulties. Things just are not perfect on this earth if they were we probably wouldn't have the need to be spiritual searchers. Yet we do try to manifest certain dreams because maybe it is something that will help others as well as ourselves. Maybe our dreams signify what we can do best.

Yet at the same time we are trying to burst this bubble of the dream that we are surrounded by. Sometimes we meet people who feel they are ordained to burst the bubble of of other people's dreams. Yet they themselves are creating dreams for themselves. We are told by the Masters that we are dreaming. We are weaving endless  dreams that keep us chained to a never ending cycle of rebirths. What a paradox we witness on this earth.

Many times in our lives we find ourselves dealing with so called real concerns. Yet at moments we do have unfulfilled dreams. Are they always to be considered desires? Or do some desires/dreams have validity if only relatively speaking? Hmmmm I wonder. Sometimes the questions are just as important as the answers.

Most people in this life appear to be chasing after dreams and once they find them they chase after other dreams.  What an irony that our dreams can never give us quite what we are looking for. Yet even knowing this we look to fulfill dreams. Perhaps it is because we are so used to being part of this dream that God is dreaming that we fall into the habit of endless dreams.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors,
As I foretold you, were all spirits and
Are melted into air, into thin air:
And, like the baseless fabric of this vision,
The cloud-capp'd tow'rs, the gorgeous palaces,
The solemn temples, the great globe itself,
Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve,
And, like this insubstantial pageant faded,
Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff
As dreams are made on; and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep.-- Shakespeare-- the Tempest
« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2016 08:56 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
ding dong

« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2016 07:04 pm »

As you know in America chasing dreams is the whole basis of everyone's life. Then once you're old enough, you start dreaming for your children and trying to make sure they can live their dreams. Growing up there was always a lot of dream talk. This thing about chasing dreams is deeply ingrained in our culture. And I guess it is everywhere in developed countries nowadays? I mean India doesn't have a caste system now, right? I don't know that much about India but I think, except for the poverty, they have become more like us in this respect.

But to talk about this with clarity we have to think about capitalism and sociology. Dreaming is basically based on the assumption of social mobility. Working-class kids are supposed to dream about becoming middle-class, so they are told to study hard in boring subjects in school and if they pass enough tests and walk-the-line just right they'll get to move up a notch or two on the ladder. Then they can have kids who will be rich and bored so will then to India (they can afford the ticket) to find a guru to tell them why they're empty inside.

This is a weird sorta setup, no?

Some people are dreaming about the life of the rich and many of the rich are dreaming about the life of the poor and wanna go to India. I  mean, damn it's almost sick. Oh, maybe IT IS.

It's just natural to want a good life. Nobody wants to starve to death or not be able to see a doctor. Nobody wants to have their life reduced to a menial labor that doesn't allow them to express the best parts of their nature. Yet that is what we are doing to the vast majority. A very few people get to have their basic needs met and then some - without even having to think unduly about it. The rest are meant to struggle and dream about a day when they'll get to really live rather than just survive and struggle. 

via GIPHY

Well, you might've figured out by now that I'm not too impressed with capitalism. To be continued...

P.S. Sorry if I got of got off the topic. I just think our world is unbalanced and doesn't work too well for the vast majority.

« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2016 07:12 pm by ding dong » Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2016 07:27 am »

I see your point Brock. I believe that capitalism has destroyed many relationships because of the devotion given to it. But it has also brought people together with common interests who are not in sync with capitalism. We represent a spiritual philosophy which brings people together and does not separate them because of class and economic standing. Some people will not be able to get beyond the stuff they possess and own. That is their misfortune. They will be pawns of their own materialistic society and family background and most importantly their own greed and avarice. We come to recognise that capitalism can destroy dreams and encourage materialistic longings and identifications. However I think we need to take a step away from ideology of all sorts and recognize that we are also witnessing duality. Another feature of Maya and it is inevitable when the mind rules political thought. Until the spiritual man blossoms their will always be problems with both extremes of a position.
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2016 09:21 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest88
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2016 06:02 pm »

i don't think i necessarily have a dream to follow as an occupation but i have had dreams reveal spiritual principles. i would have never known to research sufism had i not dreamt it. some dreams are easily dismissible i suppose it's what you make it, the relevance being unique to the individuals unfolding. i have friends blessed to know their passions. the hard part is making it into a career but a creative approach to the problem has yield monetary success for them.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: