Spiritual Portal
Sep 24, 2019 12:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Steve Hydonus' music on CD Baby!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Trump's Word Means Nothing

Recent Items

Views: 8
Comments (2)
By: kingfisher111

Views: 7
Comments (1)
By: Steve Hydonus

Views: 3
Comments (0)
By: tides2dust

Views: 4
Comments (0)
By: Steve Hydonus
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Trump's Word Means Nothing  (Read 104 times)
Steve Hydonus
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Jan 12, 2017 06:50 am »

So becoming president of the United States is not a success?? ....

Steve, I don't believe you know the man or those of his administration at all. I'm aware of some* of your concerns and think they are sensible but you assume too much. (My opinion).

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, one I do not agree with.

I no longer care to suade you or entertain your assertion that Trump means impending doom.

I will give the president a chance, it's why I voted for him.

Becoming president is a curse to someone not fit for the job. Since you think I know nothing about his team let us start with Mr. Oil Man himself. A man who wanted to abolish the energy department will now be in charge of it. Expect no help from him to have safe energy. Here is one of his administrators from your state Eric and he is known to deride climate change. This man will be nothing less then a disaster to conservation and environmentalism. "Assume to much"Huh? Let us see what Trumps appointee assumes about the climate change. His views are hauntingly like Mr.  Machiavelli himself: Donald Trumpster.

"As governor, Perry championed the oil industry, questioning science that shows that greenhouse gas emissions contribute to climate change and deriding what he called "the secular carbon cult."

"Perry is also likely to be questioned during confirmation hearings about the Dakota Access Pipeline. He serves on the board of directors of Energy Transfer Partners, the company building the controversial project near the Standing Rock Sioux reservation."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-picks-energy-department-opponent-rick-perry-energy-secretary-sources-n695241

Don't put economy in jeopardy based on unsettled science

Q: You said scientists are coming forward to question the idea that human activity is behind climate change.
PERRY: The science is not settled on this. The idea that we would put Americans' economy in jeopardy based on scientific theory that's not settled yet, to me, is just nonsense. I mean, Galileo got outvoted for a spell. But asking us to cut back in areas that would have monstrous economic impact on this country is not good economics and I will suggest to you is not necessarily good science. Find out what the science truly is before you start putting the American economy in jeopardy.
Q: Are there specific theories that you've found especially compelling?
PERRY: Let me tell you what I find compelling, is what we've done in the state of Texas. Not by some scientist somewhere saying, "Here is what we think is happening out there." The science is not settled on whether or not the climate change is being impacted by man to the point where we're going to put America's economics in jeopardy.
Source: 2011 GOP debate in Simi Valley CA at the Reagan Library , Sep 7, 2011
FactCheck: Yes, climate change is settled science

Perry said on global warming, "The science is not settled on this. The idea that we would put Americans' economy at jeopardy based on scientific theory that's not settled yet, to me, is just, is nonsense. Find out what the science truly is before you start putting the American economy in jeopardy."
THE FACTS: The scientific consensus on climate change is about as settled as any major scientific issue can be. Perry's opinion runs counter to the view of an overwhelming majority of scientists that pollution released from the burning of fossil fuels is heating up the planet. The National Academy of Sciences, in an investigation requested by Congress, concluded last year: "Climate change is occurring, is very likely caused primarily by human activities, and poses significant risks to humans and the environment."
Source: AP FactCheck on 2011 GOP debate in Simi Valley CA , Sep 7, 2011

"Perry said that as president he would severely curtail the Environmental Protection Agency’s role in setting emissions standards for businesses, arguing that the rules often hurt the economy, a claim Democrats dispute. He said he would oppose tax credits and benefits that favor specific kinds of energy, a rebuke of the administration push to incentivize wind power and other alternative energy sources."

“The Perry energy plan is the Bush-Cheney big-oil plan gone wild,” said Daniel Weiss of the liberal-leaning Center for American Progress, a think tank in Washington. “It would allow oil companies to drill in some of our most precious places protected for our children, while creating few jobs but yielding significant smog, acid rain, mercury and other pollution.”

www.washingtonpost.com/politics/rick-perry-calls-for-increased-oil-and-energy-production-to-reboot-us-economy/2011/10/14/gIQAWmY4jL_story.html?utm_term=.e6c26b093030

« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2017 04:04 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://www.cdbaby.com/cd/stevehydonus
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus https://myspace.com/stevehydonus/music/songs<br />http://stevehydonus.googlepages.com/  (Personal website)<br />email:ombabaji@hotmail.com (For CD\'s

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: