Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 06:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Sympathy and Antipathy

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Sympathy and Antipathy  (Read 957 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Dec 23, 2016 03:11 am »

Art and those with a receptive disposition.

I believe that in indifference is a form of antipathy. It is a shutting down of the heart. A contraction of sorts as opposed to expansion. I am happy to see you differentiate between an animal type of love and a more transcendental love which we may experience in meditation or even to an extent in another human being. Although we may find that another human being may not be experiencing this transcendental love we have tuned into. They may even see it as a fantasy of our own imagination.

This animal nature that you describe can be something two people magnetise to for a time. But it often has this quality of attraction and repulsion. It can even originate from a soul recognition of sorts. But then I will say this; I do not see sex for the sake of sex as uplifting from a spiritual view. If the spiritual or transcendental part of it is missing it loses its appeal after having a taste of this higher transcendental love. In relationships there is often the element of physical attraction which is difficult to handle when it is not a reciprocal agreement. In this case it may be better to have a physical distance although both parties could still be friends and communicate from time to time.

We are evolving towards a transcendental love while most of us still feel a strong connection to earth and our physical desires. In this recognition we become more and more a witness of this body and its reactions. As we are an observer to our breath during meditation we also become an observer of our passions and desires in this physical form.

Some people will feed us with nourishment until such time that they have found someone else to replace us. This I would describe as ultimate hedonistic utilitarianism and opportunism. It seems like something we should watch for in ourselves and others. I am much more careful about burning bridges today than I was at one time in my life. Doesn't that seem important? Especially if we are to make friends with our past and when we are indifferent or have enemies we are actually enemies with ourselves and our past.

Sometimes we are just witnesses. Witnesses in this great play. When we see strong sympathy and antipathy playing out we know that it takes just a flip of the coin to reveal the other side. I can understand that someone would like to learn from their own mistakes. At some point we realize that the 'bananas' you mentioned in your last post may be just too good to be true and the same person that fed us sweet fruits will have no problems feeding us rotten bananas tomorrow. There comes a time in everyone's life that we learn about poisoned fruit and how to recognize it and respond to it before we indulge. Hmmmm.
« Last Edit: Dec 23, 2016 06:15 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: