Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 09:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Personal Improvements

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Personal Improvements  (Read 1010 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #15 on: Oct 10, 2010 08:48 pm »

in regards to personal transformation, how do you keep yourself focused? to wake up each day in awareness of fulfilling the highest goal you've set out for yourself? what are some methods to constantly remind us? sometimes i seek change and fall back on habitual ego based actions... i am a bit disappointed for steering away from the understanding and closeness i've once had. it WAS like an opportunity to get my feet wet and experience the wonders of what this transformation will bring. somewhere though, through out all this- i fell back on older life patterns that leave me unsatisfied and craving more. it feels like my words and actions have even regressed and this is most unsatisfying. i shouldn't be too upset, as there is a valuable lesson in all this. even in my darkest times i remember sharing and acting off the smallest hints of love, but after having some time to reflect... when i was vegetarian, when i was meditating daily, working with dreams, i remember having an increased awareness with self. i remember being genuinely interested in what it is my neighbor had to say and found i could provide insight easier, with grace. there was increased sensitivity and clarity and i'm amazed i hadn't held this as close as i do now. i am working on drawing these aspects of light back into my life. i want to carry warmth, peace, depth, gratitude, and love with me wherever i go. so, how do you keep your eyes on the prize and not get caught up in worldly affairs? WOW! i JUST saw a hawk- awesome lol. but yeah back to the post... so... the whole reason i slipped back into this old lifestyle was a thing of acceptance. i was trying to eat meat when my friends offered or drink/smoke socially with others. i thought, if i'm here with them- it doesn't matter what i'm doing, good work is being done. but as time progressed i later questioned my motifs, am i doing this because i genuinely wish to serve or am i doing it because i want to satisfy perverted desires? it feels like this goal is going to take more then a life time to achieve. how do we shed ourselves from feeling as if we belong to our older thought patterns? how do we become the lighthearted yogi? i want to do without the things in my past that i feel have and still hinder me from feeling like i'm the divine being i know i am.
thanks for any help

i really like this saying,
in love and divine friendship Smiley
peace friends Cheesy

"A swan is always in water, but it is not soaked by the water; it just rests on top of it. Be like a divine swan; be in this world, but not of it. Elevate yourself, and love the entire universe as yourself. This is the highest peak of spirituality."  Sri Karunamyi

i wonder if you have other like minded souls where you live in Texas? It is easy to have 'friends' if we show some kindness to others. You are beyond that Eric. You need to have friends that reflect your highest interests. Do you like living in Texas? May i ask where you are? What city? Environment is stronger then will power until we are anchored in the spiritual life. i have deceived my higher self in my choice of associates. That is the only reason that i am suggesting this to you. It is sometimes bitter experience that sends us crying back to God. But when the awareness comes that we have gone down a dead end road our ability to find our path is stronger as a result of efforts made 'before the fall'.

'Out of this creation, the object that relieves us of our miseries and doubts and administers peace to us, whether animate or inanimate, and however insignificant the same may be, is entitled to our utmost respect. Even if it is regarded by others as an object of vilest contempt, it should be accepted as Sat (Savior) and its company as Godlike. That which produces opposite results, destroying our peace, throwing us into doubt, and creating our miseries, should be considered Asat, the bane of all good, and should be avoided as such.....

Those who remove our troubles, dispel our doubts, and bestow peace are true teachers. They perform a Godlike work, Their opposites (those who increase our doubts and difficulties) are harmful to us and should be avoided like a poison.'

Sri Yuktewar~The Holy Science

Jitendra
« Last Edit: Oct 10, 2010 09:35 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest88
« Reply #16 on: Oct 11, 2010 02:23 am »

hi steve... jitendra

thank you for your post
i'm from houston

i love my friends and roommates. i know deep down we hold sincerity for each other and take interest in our spirituality. i just finished meditating with two of my friends! we haven't done so in a while and i must admit, it was hard getting back into it. little things would snip at my patience. it was nice though, coming together. we were just saying we should hang out more. i'm pretty sure they have special backgrounds, one of them, alien heritage and the other- divine royalty. neither boast or know i think this of them, but it feels accurate. their roots run deep.

Those who remove our troubles, dispel our doubts, and bestow peace are true teachers.
i've read this somewhere while studying sufism... thanks for the reminder  Smiley

Report Spam   Logged
blue nova
« Reply #17 on: Oct 12, 2010 03:10 pm »

(((( Namaste2all ))))  a most enlightening post ...thank you..._/\_ 

(((Hugs)))
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #18 on: Oct 12, 2010 08:33 pm »

yes, thank you  Smiley
"Seek ye first the Kingdome of God, and All else shall be added unto you."
and this is how we share... through waves of quiet expressions of Divine flowing thru... and then it is grace just to feel... not to have any sense of personal "doing"...  yet we are not detached from the flow either... we become the flow...  "Love shall set us free"

beautiful  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: Oct 13, 2010 08:22 pm »

hi steve... jitendra

thank you for your post
i'm from houston

i love my friends and roommates. i know deep down we hold sincerity for each other and take interest in our spirituality. i just finished meditating with two of my friends! we haven't done so in a while and i must admit, it was hard getting back into it. little things would snip at my patience. it was nice though, coming together. we were just saying we should hang out more. i'm pretty sure they have special backgrounds, one of them, alien heritage and the other- divine royalty. neither boast or know i think this of them, but it feels accurate. their roots run deep.

Those who remove our troubles, dispel our doubts, and bestow peace are true teachers.
i've read this somewhere while studying sufism... thanks for the reminder  Smiley

This might interest you: http://www.yogananda-srf.org/tmp/LocationDetail.aspx?id=982
Are there also buddhist meditation groups in your area? It seems like you can never get enough of others meditating together and to be in their presence you are strengthened.
« Last Edit: Oct 13, 2010 08:25 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
guest88
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2012 09:47 pm »

hi steve
i had a question for you or anyone reading really
i know sometimes you post helpful exercises for personal improvement
i was wonder
how do you deal with censoring yourself ? what mean is. when i look at someone, i might say something negative about them in my mind right away. or, with a group of friends, we might joke and say mean things about the person. i really don't like doing this. it bothers me. also when people get together and talk about the negative memories shared between old friends. i don't like doing that either, but i DO IT. always later, feel bad. i want to know how to stop
and maybe if you have any practice to help with this

Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2012 01:58 pm »

hi steve
i had a question for you or anyone reading really
i know sometimes you post helpful exercises for personal improvement
i was wonder
how do you deal with censoring yourself ? what mean is. when i look at someone, i might say something negative about them in my mind right away. or, with a group of friends, we might joke and say mean things about the person. i really don't like doing this. it bothers me. also when people get together and talk about the negative memories shared between old friends. i don't like doing that either, but i DO IT. always later, feel bad. i want to know how to stop
and maybe if you have any practice to help with this

U must have heard the saying; what u see in others is in yourself.
It always gives me pause to reflect before acting

Sometimes though we can go the other way.
When we love others we r blinded to their imperfections; in which
case it is helpful to have a good friend tell us what they see about
someone we love. This can spare us some misery and being hurt by others
Often we find friends are right and we put an imaginary glow around others.
It is good to see the best in others but it is better to know what people
are capable of. It is best to find what is good in others and ignore the rest.
Although the past gives us valuable lessons especially when those around us
show no willingness to reform. It is amazing that we do not always see our own character
flaws. A good friend will help us understand so we can improve
ourselves.

A Master is the  best friend of all. He/She will work thru people
and circumstances to rid us of all our bad habits. Once we are
exposed to all of these we very quickly realize we have so much
work to do on ourselves that we have very little time to gossip or
think of the work of others.

You asked aboutt a technique: u become more and more
of an observer after years of meditation.
Meditation teaches u how to watch thoughts and actions

When we start to have negative thoughts about
others we observe them like we would our breath
in meditation. Our soul recognizes that it is witness to
so many things happening around us and inside us.
Yet it begins to see these experiences are happening independent
of the observer. It becomes somewhat like a movie we r
watching. All the characters in the movie r necessary for the
play to unfold. But for us to criticize the play or those in it
becomes rather rediculous since we did not write the play. It is only
because we have identified with the play that we feel the need to comment on it
it. In truth we are to enjoy it like a good movie.
This is our challenge: to enjoy the script
and not critcize it. For in truth we are criticizing the
author. Could we have written it better than God?

Jitendra
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012 02:02 pm by Jai Guru~Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2012 10:46 pm »

problems are meant to awaken a sleeping hero in us all. watch the dailies so you can see how you did today. the more we watch the more we see trends in our lives and begin the process of change. don't let your history become your destiny.  we should visualize how we want to behave what you put in your life that's what you get out of it. if you are cheerful that's what you'll get out of it. I suppose we need to watch what we are loving in life. learn the lessons and let go..hold on to your discrimination so you can exercise it in the present.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012 03:27 am by Jai Guru~Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: Jun 02, 2012 02:07 am »

in regards to personal transformation, how do you keep yourself focused? to wake up each day in awareness of fulfilling the highest goal you've set out for yourself? what are some methods to constantly remind us? sometimes i seek change and fall back on habitual ego based actions... i am a bit disappointed for steering away from the understanding and closeness i've once had. it WAS like an opportunity to get my feet wet and experience the wonders of what this transformation will bring. somewhere though, through out all this- i fell back on older life patterns that leave me unsatisfied and craving more. it feels like my words and actions have even regressed and this is most unsatisfying. i shouldn't be too upset, as there is a valuable lesson in all this. even in my darkest times i remember sharing and acting off the smallest hints of love, but after having some time to reflect... when i was vegetarian, when i was meditating daily, working with dreams, i remember having an increased awareness with self. i remember being genuinely interested in what it is my neighbor had to say and found i could provide insight easier, with grace. there was increased sensitivity and clarity and i'm amazed i hadn't held this as close as i do now. i am working on drawing these aspects of light back into my life. i want to carry warmth, peace, depth, gratitude, and love with me wherever i go. so, how do you keep your eyes on the prize and not get caught up in worldly affairs? WOW! i JUST saw a hawk- awesome lol. but yeah back to the post... so... the whole reason i slipped back into this old lifestyle was a thing of acceptance. i was trying to eat meat when my friends offered or drink/smoke socially with others. i thought, if i'm here with them- it doesn't matter what i'm doing, good work is being done. but as time progressed i later questioned my motifs, am i doing this because i genuinely wish to serve or am i doing it because i want to satisfy perverted desires? it feels like this goal is going to take more then a life time to achieve. how do we shed ourselves from feeling as if we belong to our older thought patterns? how do we become the lighthearted yogi? i want to do without the things in my past that i feel have and still hinder me from feeling like i'm the divine being i know i am.
thanks for any help

i really like this saying,
in love and divine friendship Smiley
peace friends Cheesy

how do we keep focused? besides meditation we can chant god christ gurus whenever we feel we are not focused or we have negative thoughts. we can always find an excuse for drinking smoking or having bad thoughts or not meditating. but there is really no excuse for not thinking about god. if we only think of god we will be starting to go in the right direction.

in love and divine friendship  Smiley

Jitendra
« Last Edit: Jun 02, 2012 02:14 am by Jai Guru~Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print