Spiritual Portal
Apr 18, 2024 10:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Starting a meditation routine

Recent Items

Views: 31
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting a meditation routine  (Read 260 times)
ding dong

« on: Jan 04, 2017 11:06 am »

Steve and I were talking about this and I have decided to experiment with a more regular meditation routine. This will be one of my new years resolutions, I guess you could say. I have picked out a simple buddhist kind of meditation called "rising and falling". It involves simply watching the breath rise and fall at the belly, or wherever you notice it most.

I guess my goal will be to try to make sure I at least to 20 minutes a day to start with.

I am not interested in becoming "enlightened" from it, though. I am more interested in the mental/physical health benefits. I would like to reduce anxiety. The studies seem to show that for this to be effective you have to do it almost every day over an extended period of time. This is what Steve was telling me too.

Do you have any resolutions or things you are going to try to do differently this year? I have heard that most resolutions are broken with the first month or so.

« Last Edit: Jan 04, 2017 11:08 am by ding dong » Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2017 11:47 am »

Steve and I were talking about this and I have decided to experiment with a more regular meditation routine. This will be one of my new years resolutions, I guess you could say. I have picked out a simple buddhist kind of meditation called "rising and falling". It involves simply watching the breath rise and fall at the belly, or wherever you notice it most.

I guess my goal will be to try to make sure I at least to 20 minutes a day to start with.

I am not interested in becoming "enlightened" from it, though. I am more interested in the mental/physical health benefits. I would like to reduce anxiety. The studies seem to show that for this to be effective you have to do it almost every day over an extended period of time. This is what Steve was telling me too.

Do you have any resolutions or things you are going to try to do differently this year? I have heard that most resolutions are broken with the first month or so.

Yes I do. Alas; my resolution is not as noble as yours.
« Last Edit: Jan 04, 2017 11:48 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest88
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2017 10:34 pm »

Brock, I am aiming this year to achieve better overall health. Meditation and exercise in the name of health. Cheers.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: