Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 09:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Are We Bound By the Zodiac?

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Are We Bound By the Zodiac?  (Read 1034 times)
ding dong

« on: Jan 07, 2017 10:53 pm »

Of course, this view contradicts the view of those who follow Yogananda. Sri Yukteswar is presented as an expert astrologist, and the stories from the autobiography, if accurately portrayed, would make a strong case that he was. Would it mar the reputation of Sri Yukteswar if it were admitted that astrology is an outdated subject? The SRF path seems based largely on the belief in astrology. Would it even be possible for someone to be a SRFer if they didn't believe in astrology? These are questions that I don't often hear asks in these circles.

And I too mean no disrespect. It seems to me that it would be perfectly understandable for people in early 20th century India to believe in astrology. Ramana too gave it a passing endorsement somewhere. It is deeply ingrained in Indian culture. The question extends to do people have to be infallible to have our respect? I don't think so. Isaac Newton is respected, and he practiced a whole lot of alchemy and religion. Scientists respect him, but they don't believe in alchemy.
« Last Edit: Jan 07, 2017 11:21 pm by ding dong » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: