Spiritual Portal
Nov 15, 2019 12:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

morning meditation

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Steve Hydonus

Views: 7
Comments (1)
By: kingfisher111

Views: 6
Comments (1)
By: Steve Hydonus

Views: 16
Comments (4)
By: kingfisher111
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: morning meditation  (Read 158 times)
tides2dust
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: Sep 19, 2018 07:59 am »

While I have the mind I like to think I can steer this ship as its rightful captain. That is to say, through scrutiny and discipline, cast out unwelcomed thoughts and lay anchor to the velvety silence as often as possible. This does not mean being closed minded. When the forces of the world pull on me, and they will, I will work to keep the perspective geared towards my Ideal until finally arriving to my destination. To completely surrender to the almighty may mean physical death and lifetimes of renunciation. We are limited after all. Understanding what makes me truly happy and doing whatever I can to reside there has its moments of growth and selfless service- a greater Joy than I could have imagined, so this dense life of struggle and discovery isn't all that bad. Miracles are happening in every moment. Often these beliefs are kept safe guarded, to be practiced without interference. Perhaps we let the thief rob us of our liberty when forgetting we're born in a dualistic reality. Maybe the thief is actually a great teacher in disguise?
Report Spam   Logged

peace ~ <3

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: