Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 02:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Minerals important for good health.

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Minerals important for good health.  (Read 704 times)
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: Jul 28, 2016 11:31 pm »

Steve, good link on iron rich veggie foods, it would appear that, in relation to how much you can eat usually of one single food, lentils top the list, then soybeans, tofu, spinach, sunflower seeds.
Report Spam   Logged
Mad as a hatter

« Reply #16 on: Jul 31, 2016 08:21 am »

Cocoa powder, unsweetened and processed with alkali, the usual commercial product, is extremely rich in iron= 15 mg per 100 grams.

One abundant tablespoon is 1 mg. I'm an heavy consumer of such cocoa powder, usually mixed with water and honey

One cup soymilk with 2 tablespoons cocoa powder would contain 3.5 mg of iron, which is, considering homeostasis, nearly the daily needed value for an adult male.

No need to ingest supplements!!

Trust me.  I know a thing or two about liking people, and in time, after much cocoa powder,chocolate and cake, 'like' turns into 'what was his name again?
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: Aug 01, 2016 12:41 am »

Trust me.  I know a thing or two about liking people, and in time, after much cocoa powder,chocolate and cake, 'like' turns into 'what was his name again?

Mad as a hatter, is that maybe the effect of added sugar in chocolate and cake? I strongly advise against the ingestion of such foods.
Report Spam   Logged
Mad as a hatter

« Reply #18 on: Aug 01, 2016 01:41 am »

Mad as a hatter, is that maybe the effect of added sugar in chocolate and cake? I strongly advise against the ingestion of such foods.

You mean you can’t take less it’s very easy to take more than nothing. The Dormouse would repudiate you on no uncertain terms.
« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2016 01:51 am by Mad as a hatter » Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #19 on: Jan 18, 2017 01:26 am »

Oysters on the half shell,
Nutritional Value Of Oysters
The impressive health benefits of oysters come from its vast stockpiles of minerals, vitamins, and organic compounds. In fact, certain mineral varieties are in their highest content in oysters, meaning that they are the premiere food item in the entire world for supplementation, particularly of zinc. The other components include very high levels of protein, vitamin D, vitamin B12, iron, copper, manganese, and selenium. Oysters also contain high levels of niacin, riboflavin, thiamin, vitamin C, phosphorus, potassium, and sodium. Finally, oysters are a huge source of beneficial cholesterol, antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, and water. These elements of oysters make them an extremely healthy food that can seriously boost your body’s overall function and health.Let’s examine some of these health benefits in greater detail.
https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/animal-product/oysters.html

Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #20 on: Jan 18, 2017 02:26 am »

Oysters on the half shell,
Nutritional Value Of Oysters
The impressive health benefits of oysters come from its vast stockpiles of minerals, vitamins, and organic compounds. In fact, certain mineral varieties are in their highest content in oysters, meaning that they are the premiere food item in the entire world for supplementation, particularly of zinc. The other components include very high levels of protein, vitamin D, vitamin B12, iron, copper, manganese, and selenium. Oysters also contain high levels of niacin, riboflavin, thiamin, vitamin C, phosphorus, potassium, and sodium. Finally, oysters are a huge source of beneficial cholesterol, antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, and water. These elements of oysters make them an extremely healthy food that can seriously boost your body’s overall function and health.Let’s examine some of these health benefits in greater detail.
https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/animal-product/oysters

All that your saying may have truth to it. But I just can't make my stomach into an acquarium with bottom crawlers scraping along the inside. Besides who is going to clean this acquarium?
Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: Jan 19, 2017 06:42 pm »

Daemoon, oysters are a rich food and, indeed, some nutrition experts suggest it to vegans who might be afraid to develop some deficiencies.

Personally, I find I cannot eat animals who were alive, even though their nervous system is very basic. I also cannot eat fish oil, I'm sorry about the fish and like it swimming in the ocean.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: