Spiritual Portal
Apr 20, 2024 03:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

How important is a healthy diet for spirituality?

Recent Items

Views: 3
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 9
Comments (0)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How important is a healthy diet for spirituality?  (Read 239 times)
guest88
« on: Jan 30, 2017 08:39 pm »

Hi Mccoy,

Thank you for the reply.  Smiley Not to sidetrack much but I also feel it important to regulate your daily caffeine intake(it's very easy to develop a caffeine addiction).

It's interesting to see how health and spirituality coalesce with one another. There are those who've brought such profound wisdom to this world yet upon closer inspection of their lifestyle we see they were heavily dependent on drugs like alcohol, weed or LSD. I personally don't want that and know the negative and longer lasting side effects they come with. Yes in the moment one may feel profound Love and less attached to their ego but I've always been cautioned not to use these things as a crutch.

Alcoholism runs in my family. We like to collect wine and drink socially and our tolerance is higher then the average Joe. I ask the question, as I do enjoy many worldly matters. Traveling the world to sample alcohol and explore wineries, delving an interest in the history and craft behind the subject. I get joy from this, I am joyed by Food in its many varieties as well... I love going out to nice restaurants where a chefs Passion is displayed in an artistic manner. I think Food is a universal language- like music. It's become a hobby of mine and sometimes I struggle with myself wondering if my interest are ever pulling me away from living more of a spiritual and compassionate lifestyle.

I think it's like you said... It's not necessary to go to extremes for a healthy diet. Moderation or balance being the key. I'm sure this applies to spiritual growth as well. As a young person I would go to an extreme in whatever direction desired. I suppose it takes some a lifetime or more to get it down just right. Perhaps the factor here is recognizing we all have a a unique path to travel even if our deepest, truest desire is one and the same.

Cheers!

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: