Spiritual Portal
Dec 17, 2018 01:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Daze of Heaven's new album: World Color

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Programming, storytelling, etc.

Recent Items

Views: 12
Comments (0)
By: tides2dust

Views: 12
Comments (1)

Views: 22
Comments (2)

Views: 14
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Programming, storytelling, etc.  (Read 8 times)
ding dong
Administrator

« on: Feb 04, 2017 09:02 am »

Successful campaigns in both the political and the commercial sphere use known archetypal patterns to program a powerful simulation. Conspiracy theories also do this. Religions also. They tell a story which reduces complexity and moral ambiguity by following known archetypal patterns. These patterns seem to be built into us. Maybe they trace back to our past tribal modes of life when we sat around communal fires and listened to tribal leaders explain to us what we needed to do to survive and to whom. The other tribe, the out-group, are all corrupted and absurd. This programming enables a tribe to wage war. When one goes into a political simulation, it involves a powerful group programming which can overwhelm one to the point that he forgets it is a simulation. Those who were not aware of the simulation to begin with are very unlikely to become aware of it once it has begun unless the simulation has the knowledge of itself built in somewhere. I believe such simulations - and other kinds as well - are, at least in part, what eastern mystics and shamans referred to as maya.

I have recently been reading books by John C. Lilly, so maybe that has programmed me to use the language of simulation. It is modern language, and so it seems appropriate to me. Viewing human endeavor as a simulation is also, it seems, a kind of simulation. A meta-program. An apt one.

https://www.nytimes.com/video/opinion/100000004216589/how-to-win-an-election.html?action=click&gtype=vhs&version=vhs-heading&module=vhs&region=title-area
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: