Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 03:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Dragonfruit

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 0
Comments (0)

Views: 2
Comments (0)

Views: 3
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dragonfruit  (Read 154 times)
guest88
« on: Feb 16, 2017 05:32 pm »

I dreamt last night of dragonfruit and some pomegranate jalapeno hyrbid. I don't think I've ever had dragonfruit before...

Antibacterial and Anti-fungal: A final boost to the immune system from dragon fruit is its antifungal and antibacterial quality. This can help increase the white blood cell count in the body which defends against toxins, and it also inhibits the entrance or growth of fungal or bacterial infections in the organ systems. You will also find that it stimulates cell regeneration and speeds up healing, so wounds and bruises will heal at an increased rate.

Body Metabolism: One of the most essential parts of our diet is our intake of protein. Proteins are what make our body run smoothly, because they are intrinsic parts of everything from our teeth, hair, and bones, to our organs, blood vessels, and tissue. Many of the proteins we gain from fruits, vegetables, and meat are metabolized by enzymes in our body and turned into usable proteins that can speed up cell repair, enhance strength, speed up the metabolism, and help us lose weight and increase muscle mass. An appropriate dose of protein in our diet helps countless aspects of health, and dragon fruit is an unusually good fruit source for protein.

Cancer Prevention: Along with the antioxidant protections of vitamin-C to boost the immune system, dragon fruits contain other sources of natural antioxidants. Carotene is another component of dragon fruits, and carotene has been linked to a number of anti-carcinogenic qualities, as well as reducing the size of tumors. Basically, dragon fruits boost your immune system from every direction, so if you feel like you’re frequently getting sick or feeling under the weather, or even if you are at a high risk of developing cancer, dragon fruit might be the answer for you.

Vitamin Content: Dragon Fruit is also packed with other beneficial vitamins besides vitamin-C, including the B vitamin group. The B1, B2, and B3 vitamin content of dragon fruit benefit everything from blood pressure, skin health, and cholesterol levels to thyroid function and carbohydrate metabolism. Even a single cup of dragon fruit contains  a significant amount of beneficial vitamins.
https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/fruit/health-benefits-of-dragon-fruit.html
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2017 02:05 am »

Dragonfruit, when eaten in the country of origin (vietnam I reckon) is an absolute delicacy.
I ate it in Singapore which is the same. Here it's just a pale resemblance.
Cool from the shop fridge, it was ultra-sattvic and refreshing.
Report Spam   Logged
guest46
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2017 12:50 pm »

McCoy I sincerely hope you know why this fiery fruit is called dragonfruit.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: