Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 04:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Kimchi

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kimchi  (Read 245 times)
guest88
« on: Feb 23, 2017 03:47 am »

Nutritional Value Of Kimchi
Kimchi is a low-calorie, high fiber and nutrient –packed side dish.  It is a storehouse of a range of vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B2 and vitamin C. It is also rich in essential amino acids and minerals such as iron, calcium, selenium. It has an impressive assortment of powerful antioxidants and provides an additional benefit of probiotics as well in the form of lactobacillus bacteria. It contains numerous healthful components including capsaicin, chlorophyll, carotenoids, flavonoids and isothiocyanates with low amount of fat and sugar.

Taken from,
https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/other/health-benefits-of-kimchi.html

Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017 11:32 am »

That's something I heard often about but it is unknown in Italy. I believe it's main value, besides fibers, is the probiotic bacteria, since it's fermented vegetables.
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017 02:32 am »

Hi Mccoy,

Fermentation is an interesting concept. I think the probiotic cultures are the same in Kombucha.
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017 09:29 am »

Red, kombucha as well is not too popular in Italy, at least I've never tried it, whereas I know better the milk culutures like yogurt and kefir. I've been making my kefir for a while now and it's exceptionally good. I recently tried soymilk kefir but it turns out pretty revolting, maybe I need to use the specific starter for water kefir.

Kefir fermentation appears to yield the vitamin K2, which yogurt does not contain
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: