Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 01:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Bowl of Saki Discussion

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Bowl of Saki Discussion  (Read 3671 times)
guest88
« Reply #15 on: Nov 06, 2017 03:19 am »

To become conscious of one's shortcomings, to be sorry for them, to repent of them, and to ask His forgiveness in all humility; no ethics, no philosophy can give a greater joy than this. It is the sincere devotee of God who knows best what feeling it is to humble oneself before God. The proud one, ignorant of the greatness of God, of His all-sufficient power, does not know what is this exaltation that raises the soul from earth to heaven. To be really sorry for one's errors is like opening the gates of heaven. They say that John the Baptist spoke that word on the coming of Christ: "Repent ye, for the kingdom of Heaven is at hand." But this word is as living and fresh as ever, at all times it answers the question of your soul.

http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/archives/prayer.ht
I find everyday can be a battle to fight for my deeper desires. I am happier when I fulfill the goals set in the beginning of th day. Many times I fail and praying on my failures keeps me aware... this awareness grew the more I’ve failed but so came understanding to strengthen resolve. Everyday is a battle still. A challenge I
Am beginning to enjoy...
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #16 on: Nov 20, 2017 03:52 am »

Eastern people say, when someone loves another person intensely and does not care for anyone else, 'There will be some mishap there some day'. There is always some breakdown, some danger waiting, some trouble in the future, when love is not allowed to flow freely and is limited. ... If one tried to put the whole sea into a little jar, the sea would break it. The sea of love breaks its limited channel. To speak of the jealous God means that the unlimited force of love cannot allow its expression to be directed towards one limited object. That is why the love of God alone is the culmination of love, for love is as vast as God. Verily, love itself is God. ... True love must have free flow; and to learn that free flow the teachers have taught us first to love from the limited, and thence to advance in love till we attain to the love of God, the Unlimited.

http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VII/VII_9.htm

The lover of goodness loves every little sign of goodness. He overlooks the faults and fills up the gaps by pouring out love and supplying that which is lacking. This is real nobility of soul. Religion, prayer, and worship, are all intended to ennoble the soul, not to make it narrow, sectarian or bigoted. One cannot arrive at true nobility of spirit if one is not prepared to forgive the imperfections of human nature. For all men, whether worthy or unworthy, require forgiveness, and only in this way can one rise above the lack of harmony and beauty, until at last one arrives at the stage when one begins to reflect all that one has collected.

http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/IX/IX_9.htm
Taken from today’s Saki.
How true is it to say there will be a mishap when you love another so intensely and no one else. And how challenging it is to let things be.. perhaps more understanding here will create an appropriate level of detachment... not just detachment but maintain a kindled heart too. Understanding love is free flowing and like the sea, can not be contained in a single jar.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #17 on: Nov 20, 2017 05:41 am »

Very insightful quotes here Eric. Yes i feel that personal love is often taken away to expand our awareness beyond the narrow confines of one individual. It is a much more beneficial way to understand the events infolding around us. Quite often we are spared the limitations inherent in another persons awareness of love also.
« Last Edit: Nov 20, 2017 05:42 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
SI

« Reply #18 on: Nov 20, 2017 06:17 pm »

Taken from today’s Saki.
How true is it to say there will be a mishap when you love another so intensely and no one else. And how challenging it is to let things be.. perhaps more understanding here will create an appropriate level of detachment... not just detachment but maintain a kindled heart too. Understanding love is free flowing and like the sea, can not be contained in a single jar.

Moderation is the key.
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #19 on: Nov 21, 2017 05:57 am »

I suppose it is as the poet says, better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.

With the right understanding even that which was shared with a partner has the potential to become as manageable and deep as the love one carries for their own family. And so it is...

I’ve noticed that progress also means evolving the standards when weighing  particular realities on the great balancing scale that is moderation... it’s quite a lovely feeling to see the old decay in pursuit of a long desired reality.
Report Spam   Logged
SI

« Reply #20 on: Nov 21, 2017 06:16 am »

I suppose it is as the poet says, better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.

With the right understanding even that which was shared with a partner has the potential to become as manageable and deep as the love one carries for their own family. And so it is...

I’ve noticed that progress also means evolving the standards when weighing  particular realities on the great balancing scale that is moderation... it’s quite a lovely feeling to see the old decay in pursuit of a long desired reality.

Not sure if progress in that context is truly progress. It could mean that's just what one wants.

If love runs deep like that, what and who is truly behind it all, and with that, shouldn't that realization be the real thought?

Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #21 on: Nov 21, 2017 02:29 pm »

hi SI
Yes that is a thought. Apologies for speaking so fragmemtedly, near the end I was referring to self improvement. And I assure you it is progress.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: Nov 21, 2017 04:45 pm »

The most important thing for us to remember is that these
relationships reoccur from life to life. Many times we are
'Paying back' for what we have done to others. So it is best to;

Make friends with your past....it's part of your life
Be kind to your memories....open up your heart and mind
There's worlds to discover....with a mantra we'll uncover
all of these past life episodes.
Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
SI

« Reply #23 on: Nov 21, 2017 06:27 pm »

The most important thing for us to remember is that these
relationships reoccur from life to life. Many times we are
'Paying back' for what we have done to others. So it is best to;

Make friends with your past....it's part of your life
Be kind to your memories....open up your heart and mind
There's worlds to discover....with a mantra we'll uncover
all of these past life episodes.

Well now this is a far different cry than a few days ago. Hmm.
Report Spam   Logged
SI

« Reply #24 on: Nov 21, 2017 06:29 pm »

hi SI
Yes that is a thought. Apologies for speaking so fragmemtedly, near the end I was referring to self improvement. And I assure you it is progress.

The downside of written language.

Probably has caused much worse problems than anyone realizes.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: Nov 25, 2017 05:49 pm »

The big lesson for me is flowing with the circumstances. It is difficult to believe how some others we meet have little understanding of the connection of times spent together with the passing of one life to another. Not having this perspective leads to believing it is all over and burning bridges behind us. I have come to a place in my understanding where i would like to be kind to all the people and relationships i have. The soul begins to recognize if this development is present in others and recognizes its absence as a sign that we are still presented with young souls who have much to learn. The souls who work and stay with us show the results of our own progress towards eternity.
« Last Edit: Nov 25, 2017 05:53 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
SI

« Reply #26 on: Nov 25, 2017 08:27 pm »

The big lesson for me is flowing with the circumstances. It is difficult to believe how some others we meet have little understanding of the connection of times spent together with the passing of one life to another. Not having this perspective leads to believing it is all over and burning bridges behind us. I have come to a place in my understanding where i would like to be kind to all the people and relationships i have. The soul begins to recognize if this development is present in others and recognizes its absence as a sign that we are still presented with young souls who have much to learn. The souls who work and stay with us show the results of our own progress towards eternity.

Hard to help when we still are climbing the mountain. But if stay focused I believe anything is possible.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: Nov 26, 2017 07:29 pm »

Hard to help when we still are climbing the mountain. But if stay focused I believe anything is possible.

It's surprising how just practicing the presence of God and spirit (however it manifests) changes our lives; the people and circumstances that come into our lives.
Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
guest88
« Reply #28 on: Nov 17, 2018 10:19 pm »

hello friends,
it's a beautiful day here, feeling heaven on earth and giving homage to the seen/unseen whispering that this moment is for you !
self peace for world peace!

todays saki is my favorite wisdom expressed by hazrat inayat khan so i am posting his perspective as a follow up here,

Commentary by Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan

If one would realize that the world of God, His splendor and magnificence, are to be seen in the wise and the foolish, in the good and the bad, then one would think tolerantly and reverently of all mankind, knowing that it represents the messenger, as the messenger represents God. For no one has seen God at any time, but if there is anyone who represents God, it is the man who speaks His word. God is seen in the one who glorifies Him. But if our hearts are closed, even if we wait for a thousand years for the messenger to show himself, we shall never find him. For he who is always there has said, 'I am Alpha and Omega. I exist every moment. When you call me, I am there. Knock at the door, and I will answer you.' And those whose eyes are open do not need to go to a church and look at a picture or statue of the Lord. In the eyes of every infant, in the smile of every innocent child, they receive the blessing of Christ.

It only means changing one's outlook on life, and recognizing the divine in man. But man has ignored the divine spirit that manifests in humanity, and always prefers an idol, a painting, a picture, to the living God, who is constantly before him. For the sage, the seer, the saint, and the yogi who begin to see the master, and see him living, there is no place where he cannot be seen. Then everywhere the beloved master is ready to answer the cry of the soul coming from friend, father or teacher. And if we go a little further forward, we will find that the teacher speaks aloud, not only through living beings, but through nature. If the eyes and ears are open, the leaves of the trees become as pages of the Bible. If the heart is alive, the whole life becomes one single vision of His sublime beauty, speaking to us at every moment.

from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/IX/IX_29.htm

~~~ If the eyes and ears are open, the leaves of the trees become as pages of the Bible.
------------------------------------------
and suddenly, there was no more worry
there was deep longing, for the most beautiful and intoxicating feeling
and there was devotion, a means to fulfillment
suddenly there was peace and happiness
and it is important to serve others to the best of ones ability
when one wishes to see the face of god
so it is....

though it is hard for me, i am to honor my parents- their wishes and their household... because i know peace here means peace wherever i go. cultivate peace in the home. 
so it is a constant battle with the self, to break down the ideas and desires that lead us astray, to live in the present and not expect anything from anyone outside of myself
but it is something to never stop trying, striving for what you believe in
it is work, there is rise and fall, but if your desire to see the beloved in every face is burning this place will become heaven on earth-  there is no greater mystery i need to unveil than the one placed before me, while i am here with you
things will reveal themselves naturally if one pursues their ideal

peace, love and gratitude my friends
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #29 on: Nov 19, 2018 05:23 am »

though there is more to interpret from todays saki, i'm a little confused by the- we are all one meaning.

"The soul of all is one soul, and the truth is one truth, under whatever religion it is hidden.

Bowl of Saki, November 18, by Hazrat Inayat Khan"

Hazrat Inayat Khan has said that god manifest itself through man to experience itself... I wonder, why do we pray to a separate entity when he says we ourselves are a part of that almighty? I do believe God answers my prayers and that God speaks to me, to us all... I do believe these things...  So it is difficult to put this together... God is certainly responding to the most intimate parts of my Life, so it makes sense.... but it feels like what is received i.e, teachings from the One spirit are greater than me... Even though we are all a part of this great being? So he is separate but we are all striving to go back to this union... I'm confused.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: