Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 10:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Breath from a Sufi point of view

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Breath from a Sufi point of view  (Read 252 times)
guest88
« on: May 10, 2017 04:44 am »

“the Sufi lays his beloved ideal in the swing of the breath. I remember my Murshid’s saying that every breath which is inhaled with the consciousness of the Divine Beloved is the only gain, and every breath inhaled without this consciousness is the only loss there is.” *

From, http://www.sufimovement.us/spiritual-healing_monthly-teaching.php

Breath

Sat, 06 May 2017 17:19:00 +0000

Dear friends,

As we know, the basic principle of spiritual healing is that the soul being the divine Breath purifies, revivifies and heals the instruments of body and mind through which it functions.

Hazrat Inayat Khan, Vol. 1, Whence and Whither, p.171

This letter draws our attention to the breath - the very life in beings and crucial for our health, spiritual development and capacity for spiritual healing work. Although we have daily breathing practices still it is very helpful, from time to time, to refresh our attention to the breath.

Murshid tells us, “regular and rhythmic breathing gives health to body and mind both” and “breath is a key to concentration.” * He explains how, “the Sufi lays his beloved ideal in the swing of the breath. I remember my Murshid’s saying that every breath which is inhaled with the consciousness of the Divine Beloved is the only gain, and every breath inhaled without this consciousness is the only loss there is.” *

Reflection

Let us start by being curious about our breath. Notice the depth, volume, outreach and rhythm of our breath. Do we “breathe fully, in other words freely and deeply?” *

Then, let us try throughout the day to “be conscious of every breath.” * Notice when you have forgotten and gently bring your consciousness back to each breath. To help us remember, we can recall how some Sufis in the East take turns to remind themselves and the whole group by calling aloud, “‘Hosh bar dam’ meaning ‘Keep conscious of the breath.’” *

* Hazrat Inayat Khan, Volume 13, Gathas, Breath

With Loving Greetings from Shakti and Shamsher
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017 11:33 am »

"Let us start by being curious about our breath. Notice the depth, volume, outreach and rhythm of our breath. Do we “breathe fully, in other words freely and deeply?” *

Quite often, when I can slow my mind down to the pace of the breath, i am able to interiorize and focus my awareness on inner states of consciousness. The mind has an insatiable desire to be active and keep the awareness upon material perceptions. At times though, when the mind is in harmony and not so scattered in desires, goals and longings we find ourselves completely absorbed on the slow rhythmic flow of the breath-in and out. Sometimes  slow sometimes faster, sometimes cool, sometimes warm, sometimes momentarily stopped, at other times like rhythmical waves, sometimes deep at other times shallow, sometimes audible at other times hardly perceptible. The mind and body become one like the word yoga denotes. The consciousness gains recognition of inner states of peace,  bliss and happiness associated with the withdrawal of awareness from outer perception to inner realms of awareness and realization.

“the Sufi lays his beloved ideal in the swing of the breath. I remember my Murshid’s saying that every breath which is inhaled with the consciousness of the Divine Beloved is the only gain, and every breath inhaled without this consciousness is the only loss there is.” *

From, http://www.sufimovement.us/spiritual-healing_monthly-teaching.php

Breath

Sat, 06 May 2017 17:19:00 +0000

Dear friends,

As we know, the basic principle of spiritual healing is that the soul being the divine Breath purifies, revivifies and heals the instruments of body and mind through which it functions.

Hazrat Inayat Khan, Vol. 1, Whence and Whither, p.171

This letter draws our attention to the breath - the very life in beings and crucial for our health, spiritual development and capacity for spiritual healing work. Although we have daily breathing practices still it is very helpful, from time to time, to refresh our attention to the breath.

Murshid tells us, “regular and rhythmic breathing gives health to body and mind both” and “breath is a key to concentration.”

Paramahansa Yogananda also emphasizes the importance of the breath through out the day. In the SRF lessons he gives various exercises to be practiced during the day that give an awareness of the breath. Inhaling deeply and getting fresh air out doors revevifies the body with cosmic energy and counting the breath - the inhalations and exhalations as well as the pauses in between- while walking brings a greater awareness of breath and helps bring prana or the energy behind the breath into the body and mind.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017 01:03 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest88
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2018 05:36 am »

Pranams steve
Report Spam   Logged