Spiritual Portal
Apr 20, 2024 07:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Varying Levels of Desire

Recent Items

Views: 3
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 9
Comments (0)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Varying Levels of Desire  (Read 131 times)
guest587
« on: May 23, 2023 06:18 pm »

Being born grants us the opportunity to perceive and learn through an individualized lens- a world of duality, with ever changing form. And still, an even greater opportunity to understand that in this variety there are uniting principles.

I am reminded of the quote by Anandamayi Ma

"though the dance of creation changed around me in the halls of eternity, I shall be the same.”

It would seem there are varying levels of desire, and neither are wrong lest you decide it's time to move on from the experience...

Commentary by Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan:

There are really two journeys. There is the journey from the goal to the life in the world, and there is the journey from the life in the world to the goal. And both journeys are natural. As it is natural to go forth from the eternal goal, so it is natural to go from the changing life to the life which is unchangeable.

Which is the most desirable thing in life, to seek for the goal or to dwell in this changing life? The answer is that every person's desire is according to his evolution. That for which he is ready is desirable for him. Milk is a desirable food for the infant, other foods for the grown-up person. Every stage in life has its own appropriate and desirable things. The desire to attain to a goal must be there before reaching it; when he does not feel the desire, it is not necessary for a man to seek it.

from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VII/VII_30.htm

Two of the principal sources of pleasure in the physical world are good food and bodily comfort, yet one single beautiful thought or one charming mental image may provide more pleasure and joy than all the beauty there is in the whole physical world. So we can see that when we raise the intelligence from the physical plane, and then even higher, we will come to a state of realization where we see that life is not really limited at all; that it too is unlimited. It is when our experience is confined to the lower phases of existence that we find that our life is limited. Herein lies the whole tragedy of life.

from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/XII/XII_I_14.htm
Report Spam   Logged
guest587
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2023 08:36 pm »

Just like the Sun God and the Water God are One God, they are still separate beings with lessons for those who choose to study their ways.

"Father Ocean hear my Song,

Your the wave I was made From,

Take me back to where we once began.

Ocean Father, I was wrong.

Years I followed just the Sun

Now I see your Darkness holds the key...

I close my eyes and I Begin to See."
Report Spam   Logged
guest587
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2024 06:31 am »

As practitioners, alchemist, young masters in training, seekers of God, seekers of Paradise...

And why wouldn't we want to take the reins of our life and find liberation??

That being said- there are times we must not focus on the pull of a regrettable thought or influence. I remember Swami V saying, "the very nature of darkness means we can not see." Sometimes, it is more appropriate to remember our appreciation and gratitude for the magic. To choose Light over trying to make sense of objects in the dark. In so doing, we shift the narrative dominating our mental landscape. The pull becomes weaker, suddenly, we are not so bothered... The stress is released, our attitudes are changed.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: