Spiritual Portal
Oct 20, 2017 11:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Daze of Heaven on Soundcloud

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

YouTube's New Censorship

Recent Items

Views: 2
Comments (0)
By: Steve Hydonus

Views: 5
Comments (0)

Views: 24
Comments (1)

Views: 19
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: YouTube's New Censorship  (Read 22 times)
Red
Administrator

« on: Aug 02, 2017 09:42 pm »

Hi Brock,

Thanks for your reply. Something you said at the end of your post really helped me understand how I feel about this censorship attempt.

The best we can do is try to calibrate our minds to pick up on a more or less truthy narrative and decide what to read and believe based on that. Critical thinking and intelligence are necessary for that. ... The best we can hope for is to reduce that by training ourselves to think as clearly as possible. This means being honest with ourselves about our own biases and gaps of knowledge.

Having someone else decide what is real and what is not denies the individual the right to exercise critical thinking and breeds laziness. If Facebook is banning alternative view's because it is not in line with the "truth" does that necessarily make it Truth? If the government has been caught lying before but wishes to be the final say, is this really in favor of protecting the innocent? Innocence and meekness are not the same although it seems some of our own politicians and people of authority view the masses this way.

Decent and mature individuals don't yell fire in a theater if there is no fire. Yet, a person should have the freedom to express their opinion and beliefs and if it's bull shit it usually doesn't hold up. Banning "fake news" is taking away your right to call something BS if that's what it is.

"YouTube's new censorship policies are right out of Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four, and are designed to shut down the growing independent media outlets and critics like myself." Mark Dice
Report Spam   Logged

Red
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: Aug 02, 2017 09:44 pm »

Stop worrying about fake news. What comes next will be much worse
Jonathan Albright

"In the not too distant future, technology giants will decide what news sources we are allowed to consult, and alternative voices will be silenced"

from, https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/dec/09/fake-news-technology-filters

« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2017 09:45 pm by Red » Report Spam   Logged

Red
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Aug 08, 2017 06:52 pm »

"On Tuesday, the world’s largest video sharing platform, YouTube - attracting over a billion visitors per month - announced that it is now targeting videos contain “controversial religious or supremacist content” – even if they do not violate the site’s terms of use" 1791L

“Without debate, without criticism no administration and no country can succeed and no republic can survive.” JFK
« Last Edit: Aug 08, 2017 06:57 pm by Red » Report Spam   Logged

Red
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Aug 14, 2017 03:31 pm »

YouTube/Google more then likely antiTrump. The same company looking to infringe on freedom of speech. The propaganda is THICK right about now.

It isn't.... It's
« Last Edit: Aug 14, 2017 05:48 pm by Red » Report Spam   Logged

Red
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: Aug 14, 2017 05:51 pm »

Great alternative to youtube:
https://vid.me/
Report Spam   Logged

Red
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: Aug 16, 2017 04:18 am »

https://vid.me/ii2u9

Report Spam   Logged

Red
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: Oct 07, 2017 07:36 pm »

Mark Dice

On Wednesday I posted a video about how the media is ignoring a black man who shot up a white church in Tennessee, and YouTube DELETED IT for “violating their terms of service!”   So not only is the media ignoring this anti-white hate crime, but YouTube is CENSORING my reporting about it!  Shameful. It's under review since I filed an appeal, so they might put it back, so we'll see.  But still.  This is blatant censorship and what a coincidence because there's a whole section in my new book about the media ignoring anti-white hate crimes committed by blacks.   Sneak peak and details soon.  Book will be out in 6-8 weeks.  Can get get it to number 1 on Amazon?  We’ll see!   What could trigger the mainstream media more than me having the number one selling book on Amazon.com?

Hmmmmm....  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: