Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 02:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Hawk

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Hawk  (Read 681 times)
guest88
« on: Jan 21, 2019 09:05 pm »

a heart breaking moment today, on the way to a shoe outlet i saw a very large female hawk laying in the middle of the road with her eyes half opened. she looked tired and injured. i was exiting one highway and entering another, the merging highways worked in that they conjoined above the road by at least 20 feet. there was no shoulder to pull over and by the time i noticed the bird i had just swerved out of its way. i was going at least 65-70mph and there was a car behind me riding close. thinking back i don't think it would have been wise of me to throw my hazards on and risk an accident. unfortunately there were no quick turn around options either. the nearest exit was over a mile away and there was no opposite lane, just a narrow one way ramp for merging in which the bird was laying in the middle of. the car behind me missed it but there were even more cars coming... the poor bird, it breaks my heart... i am saddened i didn't try more, to go back and take her off the road. i've done nothing before and watched a bird killed because of it...  please pray for this poor and beautiful animal... it's important we try.... i tried calling the local game warden and animal rescue but received no help... it's important we take matters into our own hands... today i missed an opportunity to serve a creature a chance at life... on the way back, a different route, i saw an owl dead on the side of the road.

steve, given your past occupation- i wonder how often you've encountered injured wildlife. the rescue shelter gave me the number to our game warden saying it's a road hazard but the warden did not answer or have a voice mail set up. i will have to make more of an effort next time...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: