Spiritual Portal
Apr 18, 2024 10:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Troubling Times

Recent Items

Views: 31
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Troubling Times  (Read 130 times)
guest88
« on: Apr 02, 2019 06:44 am »

I explored the city today and found a really nice coffee shop. What tripped me out was that there were a bunch of homeless right on the other side of the glass windows. Inside people were enjoying fine foods and beverages, outside people were cold and huddled together for warmth.   

The other day I read an article about women serving for the North Korean army realizing there are still so many dark pockets throughout this world. It's easy to forget when one is self-absorbed. 

Today's news headline was something like,
"Millions Without Water as Venezuelan Crisis Deepens" and I think, we're certainly not immune to this reality.

While great progress is being made, the harshness of todays conditions are still very troubling... So I pray for World Peace... How can any one of us expect to make the world a little more peaceful? The best we can do is cultivate compassion in ourselves and treat others with respect. Sufism teaches us that God exist in the hearts of man, despite rank or circumstance, all of these troubled people are expressions of the One we've grown with, prayed to and hoped to Know. 

It's overwhelming and shouldn't be that we become "Woe is me, woe is the state of the world" but we can count our blessings and share them with others, with Creation...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: