Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 11:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The Way of Lao Tzu

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Way of Lao Tzu  (Read 361 times)
guest88
« on: Nov 07, 2017 05:04 am »

Hey guys. I hope to share this with y’all and SI, I hope you enjoy the material. Trying to oblige your request and get off politics- a lot of that is brain damage anyways... so I have this book here and will share just one excerpt from it before sleep, food for thought...

“He who stands on tiptoe is not steady.
He who strikes forward does not go.
He who shows himself is not luminous.
He who justifies himself is not prominent.
He who boasts of himself is not given credit.
He who brags does not endure for long.

From the point of view of Tao, these are like remnants of food and tumors of action,
Which all creatures detest. Therefore those who possess Tao turn away from them.”

... comment
“The Confucian Doctrine of the Mean says of absolute sincerity, ‘Such being its nature, it becomes prominent without any display, produces changes without motion, and accomplishes its ends without action.’ It also says, ‘The way of the superior man is hidden but becomes more prominent every day, whereas the way of the inferior man is conspicuous but gradually disappears.’”

Report Spam   Logged
SI

« Reply #1 on: Nov 07, 2017 10:47 pm »

It's hard for me lately to read stuff like that, I think it's because I have too much of my own contemplations daily that pop up,

ever try to read PY's Gita book? You could literally spend hours on just a single paragraph.

It's almost like an exercise in trying to wrap your head around another man's complex thinking, and then combine it with your own complexities.

Sometimes, for me, I end up questioning my own intuitiveness if I read it right. You can only trust your own perceptions, or can you?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: