Spiritual Portal
Dec 17, 2017 11:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Steve Hydonus' music on CD Baby!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

To infinity and beyond!

Recent Items

Views: 4
Comments (0)
By: Steve Hydonus

Views: 8
Comments (0)

Views: 25
Comments (1)

Views: 22
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: To infinity and beyond!  (Read 14 times)
Red
Administrator

« on: Nov 17, 2017 11:09 am »

Asgardia

“A new country called Asgardia, named after Norse mythology's city in the skies, could be the first nation ever created in space. The hope is to embark on a mission to mine asteroids and defend Earth from dangerous meteorites, space debris, and other threats.

That is, if everything goes according to an uncertain, open-ended, and audacious plan put forth by its founders.

The group behind the Asgardia project includes space experts based out of Canada, Romania, Russia, and the United States, and they announced their sovereign ambitions from a press conference in Paris on Wednesday.

Their core concept is to launch a robotic satellite within the next 18 months (60 years after Russia launched Sputnik, the first artificial satellite), then eventually follow up with a permanent space station "where people can live, work, and have their own rules and regulations," one founding member told Business Insider.

The hope? To "democratize space," they say.”

———
Future member of the UN,
So is this the global unification in recognition of our planetary citizenship and our standing in the universe? Alien life to be disclosed shortly perhaps in our life times. Are we moving too fast, is man meant for the stars?
Last I remember it was cold and dark, leaving earth was sad... maybe this is just my imagination
« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2017 11:18 am by Red » Report Spam   Logged

Steve Hydonus
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 2017 06:08 pm »

Asgardia

“A new country called Asgardia, named after Norse mythology's city in the skies, could be the first nation ever created in space. The hope is to embark on a mission to mine asteroids and defend Earth from dangerous meteorites, space debris, and other threats.

That is, if everything goes according to an uncertain, open-ended, and audacious plan put forth by its founders.

The group behind the Asgardia project includes space experts based out of Canada, Romania, Russia, and the United States, and they announced their sovereign ambitions from a press conference in Paris on Wednesday.

Their core concept is to launch a robotic satellite within the next 18 months (60 years after Russia launched Sputnik, the first artificial satellite), then eventually follow up with a permanent space station "where people can live, work, and have their own rules and regulations," one founding member told Business Insider.

The hope? To "democratize space," they say.”

———
Future member of the UN,
So is this the global unification in recognition of our planetary citizenship and our standing in the universe? Alien life to be disclosed shortly perhaps in our life times. Are we moving too fast, is man meant for the stars?
Last I remember it was cold and dark, leaving earth was sad... maybe this is just my imagination

Thanks Eric

This would conceivably be a place to continue the existence of our species should things go awry here on mother earth. I wonder how much dependence such a place would have on earth for sustenance and survival.
Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://www.cdbaby.com/cd/stevehydonus
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus https://myspace.com/stevehydonus/music/songs<br />http://stevehydonus.googlepages.com/  (Personal website)<br />email:ombabaji@hotmail.com (For CD\'s
SI

« Reply #2 on: Nov 17, 2017 07:10 pm »

If it stays scientific, it may work, but, "where people can live, work, and have their own rules and regulations", if man is involved, it would likely be infested with the same problems that we have now. No matter where you go, there you are.
Report Spam   Logged
Red
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Nov 18, 2017 08:04 am »

i was thinking the beginning stages would be like some serious outlaw bandit stuff. they have this vision but how much of it is controlled and dependent on x. what happens when things get out of hand? steve you made a good point but down the road i gather we'll be mining resources, man made or natural on other planets and eventually harness our energy directly from the sun. just speculation... but the beginning stages of this project for me seem disastrous and yet make one hell of a cowboy story.  Cool

interesting choice of words SI, you know a lot of us see our own kind as a bacteria

yup, to deplete our resources and overpopulate is kind of what we do..... thus the need to expand and evolve
« Last Edit: Nov 18, 2017 08:06 am by Red » Report Spam   Logged

Red
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2017 06:37 am »

1600 Daily from The White House
“Our long journey to the stars—and the Moon
Forty-five years ago today, NASA’s final Apollo mission landed on the surface of the Moon. No human has walked there since.

This afternoon, President Donald J. Trump will tell the country that it’s time to refocus our vision for American space exploration.

In signing Space Policy Directive 1 today—the first recommendation of the recently reconvened National Space Council—the President will shift NASA’s resources and attention toward the Moon and Mars. Given its relative closeness, the Moon in particular offers humans the best hope for long-term exploration and utilization.

President Ronald Reagan once eloquently captured the sweep of mankind as “his long climb from the swamp to the stars.” With President Trump’s order today, America commits itself once again to writing the next chapter of that story.”
« Last Edit: Dec 12, 2017 06:38 am by Red » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: