Spiritual Portal
Apr 20, 2024 02:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

real power

Recent Items

Views: 2
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 9
Comments (0)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: real power  (Read 1088 times)
guest88
« on: Jun 30, 2019 05:13 pm »

Good morning!
No need to apologize, I am not saying you are arguing as if we are two children squabbling over who is right or who is wrong. I am providing my thoughts to what was posed as, "debate" a very simple exchange. You made a point and wondered what Hazrat Inayat Khan would say and I simply provided my thoughts. My "argument" being, if there is room for progress then it isn't a bad impression after-all. You'll find some similarities to your own line of thought and perhaps some answers to your question, written by Hazrat Inayat Khan himself-
From that same quote on concentration posted above there's a link provided which elaborates on your observations.
part 7
The standard of right and wrong or good and bad, made rigidly on the action, is the artificial standard which seems outwardly a moral law, but causes degeneration in the end. The standard of action must be made natural, not artificial. The curse of the present day is the artificiality of life. Man must be taught to consult his own spirit, and from his own feeling to find out and make a distinction between right and wrong and good and bad. When this natural principle will be adopted by humanity the greater part of the world-misery will come to an end. This wrong and artificial standard is taught today to children at home and to young people at school. They begin to learn that that is wrong which they have heard others call wrong, that is right which they have read in a book that it is right; something is good because their parents have said it is good, something is bad because their friends have told them so. An artificial standard made in this way buries the spirit, which alone has the right to discern between right and wrong, good and bad. On the day when people will arrive at the freedom of making their own standard by their own feelings, a better condition will come. For those searching after truth, journeying through the spiritual path, this is the first thing to learn, to find out for themselves under all conditions in life what is good and what is bad, what is right and what is wrong, not from what they are taught or told, but from their own feeling, which can be perceived by a delicate sense of realizing through life what really gives comfort and what causes discomfort.

Seems you are both in agreement.  Grin I hope this provides some understanding. Peace my friend!

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: