Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 05:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

real power

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: real power  (Read 1059 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Jul 01, 2019 04:17 pm »

Good morning!
No need to apologize, I am not saying you are arguing as if we are two children squabbling over who is right or who is wrong. I am providing my thoughts to what was posed as, "debate" a very simple exchange. You made a point and wondered what Hazrat Inayat Khan would say and I simply provided my thoughts. My "argument" being, if there is room for progress then it isn't a bad impression after-all. You'll find some similarities to your own line of thought and perhaps some answers to your question, written by Hazrat Inayat Khan himself-
From that same quote on concentration posted above there's a link provided which elaborates on your observations.
part 7
The standard of right and wrong or good and bad, made rigidly on the action, is the artificial standard which seems outwardly a moral law, but causes degeneration in the end. The standard of action must be made natural, not artificial. The curse of the present day is the artificiality of life. Man must be taught to consult his own spirit, and from his own feeling to find out and make a distinction between right and wrong and good and bad. When this natural principle will be adopted by humanity the greater part of the world-misery will come to an end. This wrong and artificial standard is taught today to children at home and to young people at school. They begin to learn that that is wrong which they have heard others call wrong, that is right which they have read in a book that it is right; something is good because their parents have said it is good, something is bad because their friends have told them so. An artificial standard made in this way buries the spirit, which alone has the right to discern between right and wrong, good and bad. On the day when people will arrive at the freedom of making their own standard by their own feelings, a better condition will come. For those searching after truth, journeying through the spiritual path, this is the first thing to learn, to find out for themselves under all conditions in life what is good and what is bad, what is right and what is wrong, not from what they are taught or told, but from their own feeling, which can be perceived by a delicate sense of realizing through life what really gives comfort and what causes discomfort.

Seems you are both in agreement.  Grin I hope this provides some understanding. Peace my friend!

Thanks so much Eric. What a description/definition Don’t think I have ever read such a detailed explanation from any spiritual source. But at some point all of us have to come to grips with the fact that God created this physical realm and the way it is seen by spirit must be so different then we as mortals evaluate are experiences in still a limited consciousness.

One example is that we as Americans have often thought what some countries and their leaders are doing is bad. However once we come in and ‘fix it’ by imposing our definition of what is good, we find that the results are often worst for us and the other country which we have imposed our values of good and bad on. So what is good to one person can be bad to another and what is good and bad to each of us may just be a state of consciousness that has temporarily held sway over us. As we grow wiser and evolve spiritually we find that many of our previous notions and values change. It is important to recognize that we cannot always know how another person uses a word and what it means to them may be different than what it means to us. Language has its limits in communication. Even words have various implications depending on their intentions and the various definitions as in definition 1. 2. and 3. when you look at a dictionary.

I recently use the word miffed when I was speaking with a friend. He asked me about why I would be irritated. But I really didn’t mean irritated. So I looked up to the word And found all these possible synonyms;
miff
[mif]
VERB
miffed (past tense) · miffed (past participle)
annoy.
"she was slightly miffed at not being invited"
synonyms:
annoyed · displeased · offended · aggrieved · piqued · riled · nettled · vexed · irked · irritated · upset · hurt · pained · put out · in a huff · fed up · chagrined · disgruntled · discontented · resentful · peeved · narked · browned off · hacked off · cheesed off · not best pleased · sore

I like the Sound of the word found it has some negative implications; however being displeased with outcome or not best pleased ·  seemed much different to me than being irritated. You don’t have to be pleased with everything but at the same time it doesn’t have to irritate you.
« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2019 04:38 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: