Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 01:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

real power

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 0
Comments (0)

Views: 2
Comments (0)

Views: 3
Comments (0)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: real power  (Read 1054 times)
guest88
« on: Jan 25, 2018 04:49 am »

The Mahatmas are different. It is not only that they have magnetic power but also they have divine instinct, divine inspiration. Stories are told about the constructive power of Mahatmas; one is very interesting as it shows what this power can achieve.

Once a prince was sent away from his country, his father having disapproved of his conduct. And he went and lived in the forest for a long time under the training of a Guru, a teacher, and developed spiritually. And when the time came that he should be given initiation into the higher power, the Guru asked, 'My Chela, have you any relatives?' He said, 'Yes, my father and mother.' The teacher said, 'You must go to them and ask them first if you may take the initiation; because once you take it, you will have to live the life of solitude.' The teacher thought it was better that he should first go to his people and see all the possibilities of worldly life. Then, if he did not want such a life, he could come back. And the Chela was so developed at that time that he had no desire to go to his parents in that kingdom and see them again. But since the Guru told him to do it, he went. When he reached his kingdom, he went to the garden where he had lived before, and which had been neglected for many years. There was nothing left in the garden. He went there and sat down and was very sorry to see his garden so neglected. He took the water in his pitcher and sprinkled it on both sides; and the garden began to flourish.

And so it was made known to the whole kingdom that a sage had arrived; the place where he stayed for a few days had begun to flourish. The story goes on to relate that the king heard that his son was there; that he came and wanted him to take over the kingdom, to work for the country. But he refused and went away.

This story gives an example of the constructive power of the sage; it shows how constructive the soul of the Mahatma is. It is not true that Mahatmas can only be found in the caves of the Himalayas and that one cannot see them in the midst of the world. They can be found anywhere; they can be found in a palace, in the midst of riches, of comfort, and in remote places. They can be in any situation, in any position. But what comes out of the Mahatmas is a continual spreading influence of construction. They are a protection against illnesses and plagues, wars and disasters. Their constructive power is working and helping people to flourish. Today man is ready to believe that a Prime Minister or a great statesman can be such a help, that he can raise up the country, put the finances of the country in good order or guard the country against other nations. But a hidden soul which is not known can have a greater influence still on the whole country. It has been known and seen by millions of people in the East at different times when divine souls lived, that their influence spread through the whole country and uplifted it.
http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/IV/IV_31.htm
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2018 04:09 am »

the power of concentration

It is no easy thing to do, to forget oneself, but if one is able to, what a wonderful power one creates within oneself! It is a great mystery. It gives power over heaven and hell. Omar Khayyam says in his Rubaiyat, 'Heaven is the vision of fulfilled desire. Hell is the shadow of a soul on fire.' Where is that shadow? Where is that vision? Is it not within ourselves? It is we who hold it. Therefore heaven and hell are what we have made for ourselves. It cannot be changed by anything else but concentration.

But concentration has an even greater significance than this, for it is that creative power which man possesses and which he has as a heritage of God. That creative power begins to work wonders. For instance, a person thinks, 'I should like fish for dinner,' and when he comes home he finds that his housekeeper has cooked fish that evening. That is a phenomenon of concentration. He may not know it, but it worked in that way. The thought of the man struck the mind of the housekeeper, and the housekeeper served that dish to him. Imagine what a great power this is! One need not even think about one's desires. The very fact of having the desire is enough. Concentration works it out and materializes it.

Such is the power of concentration.
https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/IV/IV_29.htm
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2019 02:53 am »

one goal in life.

The only power for the mystic is the power of love.

Bowl of Saki, January 7, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

Commentary by Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan

Every kind of power lies in this one thing which we call by the simple name: love. Charity, generosity, kindness, affection, endurance, tolerance, and patience--all these words are different aspects of one; they are different names of only one thing: love. Whether it is said, 'God is love,' or whatever name is given to it, all the names are the names of God; and yet every form of love, every name for love, has its own peculiar scope, has a peculiarity of its own. Love as kindness is one thing, love as tolerance is another, love as generosity is another, love as patience another; and yet from beginning to end it is just love.

Remember therefore that for higher attainment on the spiritual path study is secondary; all knowledge of occult and psychic law, all magical powers, are secondary. The first and most important principle is the cultivation of the heart quality.

https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VII/VII_9.htm
https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/XIV/XIV_2.htm
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #3 on: Jun 28, 2019 08:09 pm »

Concentration is taught by the mystics in order to exercise the will, making it capable of making use of all faculties. A person with will power can remember what he wishes to remember and can forget what he wishes to forget. All things that deprive one of one's freedom in life are undesirable. The mind must be free from all bad impressions of life, which take away the rest and peace of life. By concentration, one is able to hold a certain thought one desires and to keep away all other thoughts. When one is able to keep away all the thoughts one does not wish to think about, it becomes easy to throw away the impressions of years, if one wishes to forget them. Bad impressions, however old and intimate, are like rubbish accumulated, which should be removed in order to make the house clean. The human heart is the home of the soul, and upon this home the comfort and peace of the soul depends.
https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/XIII/XIII_17.htm

Sorry for not having previous post in quotes. I should harness the power of concentration.  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #4 on: Jun 29, 2019 04:35 pm »

Sometimes I wonder about this (the last post on concentration) one and what Khan would say to this; banished bad impressions sometimes reoccur when we do not learn and remember the wisdom gained by them. However keeping them in our file cabinet of life experiences may help prevent similar life experiences from happening again.

I don’t accept everything people say to me anymore. What they say and mean may be entirely different. It’s best to have caution when there are red flags 🚩 waving at the ocean and you want to go swimming. Likewise it’s best to be cautious when the warning signs are waving in front of you in a relationship or circumstances about to happen. Just learned from some hard knocks and having remembered them and gained wisdom from them we don’t care to have to experience and relearn them again.

I remember a perfect example; Once when I was younger and drove into a town I wasn’t familiar with and I was very surprised when I went across a road in town that had no yield or stop signs on it and ran into a car. It was difficult for me to believe since I came from larger towns where most all corners had signs. Every since then the experience has become a part of me and I am much more cautious at all cross streets.

I would suppose that what is meant below is there is a time to remember and a time to forget. While driving down the street it may be helpful to remember some bad impressions but while meditating such impressions are not helpful but a hindrance to concentration.

Concentration is taught by the mystics in order to exercise the will, making it capable of making use of all faculties. A person with will power can remember what he wishes to remember and can forget what he wishes to forget. All things that deprive one of one's freedom in life are undesirable. The mind must be free from all bad impressions of life, which take away the rest and peace of life. By concentration, one is able to hold a certain thought one desires and to keep away all other thoughts. When one is able to keep away all the thoughts one does not wish to think about, it becomes easy to throw away the impressions of years, if one wishes to forget them. Bad impressions, however old and intimate, are like rubbish accumulated, which should be removed in order to make the house clean. The human heart is the home of the soul, and upon this home the comfort and peace of the soul depends.
https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/XIII/XIII_17.htm

Sorry for not having previous post in quotes. I should harness the power of concentration.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2019 09:11 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest88
« Reply #5 on: Jun 30, 2019 12:10 am »

Hello Steve,
I hope you're having a beautiful day. I'd be curious to Hazrat Inayat Khan's response too. What I would say to your argument is that by the power of concentration we can discard the emotional hindrances stored in the mind which serve no purpose other than delude us or prolong our suffering. By taking the reins of our mind, we are actively working on banishing those bad impressions which at one point ruled our mind and dictated our mood. Just as it is possible to form bad habits, the mind has a way of replaying memories and reacting which have little room for progress. If you have found a lesson from a seemingly "bad experience," I would actually call that a good experience or the lesson a good impression. If Progress can be made I would argue then that these are not bad impressions at all. Perspective is a neat phenomenon, I would agree with your sentiments that "Reality" as witnessed by the observer is often different from what another interprets. Still, there are moments of Harmony that are to be appreciated.
Kind regards and thank you for the thoughts.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #6 on: Jun 30, 2019 12:25 am »

Here we find some similarity between what Hazrat Inayat Khan believes of power and concentration as referenced above and Paramahansa Yogananda's thoughts on the same subject taken from GTWA quoted below...

Chapter 1 Verses 43-43 page 163
When the vitality of concentration and wisdom is developed, it inspires the soul and the intuitional powers; the inspired soul in turn reinforces the wisdom and intuition with all-seeing powers.

More similarities to be posted later...
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: Jun 30, 2019 11:42 am »

Hello Steve,
I hope you're having a beautiful day. I'd be curious to Hazrat Inayat Khan's response too. What I would say to your argument is that by the power of concentration we can discard the emotional hindrances stored in the mind which serve no purpose other than delude us or prolong our suffering. By taking the reins of our mind, we are actively working on banishing those bad impressions which at one point ruled our mind and dictated our mood. Just as it is possible to form bad habits, the mind has a way of replaying memories and reacting which have little room for progress. If you have found a lesson from a seemingly "bad experience," I would actually call that a good experience or the lesson a good impression. If Progress can be made I would argue then that these are not bad impressions at all. Perspective is a neat phenomenon, I would agree with your sentiments that "Reality" as witnessed by the observer is often different from what another interprets. Still, there are moments of Harmony that are to be appreciated.
Kind regards and thank you for the thoughts.  Smiley

Most things are not bad or good. It’s all in how you look at it. And... there is a time to remember and a time to forget. Most likely it’s up to us to have the discrimination to know the difference. Sorry 😐 if I appear to argue with a great friend. I hoped that I was just making observations about what I do not understand. The only time I feel I take difference with you is if the facts are being misrepresented. I see this happening on the topic of  ‘fake news’. To me it seems superfluous and hypocritical to continue on a tirade of fake news when most of the fake news is coming from the person espousing it’s existence. In this case I am not referring to you but Donald Trump.
« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2019 12:09 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
guest88
« Reply #8 on: Jun 30, 2019 05:13 pm »

Good morning!
No need to apologize, I am not saying you are arguing as if we are two children squabbling over who is right or who is wrong. I am providing my thoughts to what was posed as, "debate" a very simple exchange. You made a point and wondered what Hazrat Inayat Khan would say and I simply provided my thoughts. My "argument" being, if there is room for progress then it isn't a bad impression after-all. You'll find some similarities to your own line of thought and perhaps some answers to your question, written by Hazrat Inayat Khan himself-
From that same quote on concentration posted above there's a link provided which elaborates on your observations.
part 7
The standard of right and wrong or good and bad, made rigidly on the action, is the artificial standard which seems outwardly a moral law, but causes degeneration in the end. The standard of action must be made natural, not artificial. The curse of the present day is the artificiality of life. Man must be taught to consult his own spirit, and from his own feeling to find out and make a distinction between right and wrong and good and bad. When this natural principle will be adopted by humanity the greater part of the world-misery will come to an end. This wrong and artificial standard is taught today to children at home and to young people at school. They begin to learn that that is wrong which they have heard others call wrong, that is right which they have read in a book that it is right; something is good because their parents have said it is good, something is bad because their friends have told them so. An artificial standard made in this way buries the spirit, which alone has the right to discern between right and wrong, good and bad. On the day when people will arrive at the freedom of making their own standard by their own feelings, a better condition will come. For those searching after truth, journeying through the spiritual path, this is the first thing to learn, to find out for themselves under all conditions in life what is good and what is bad, what is right and what is wrong, not from what they are taught or told, but from their own feeling, which can be perceived by a delicate sense of realizing through life what really gives comfort and what causes discomfort.

Seems you are both in agreement.  Grin I hope this provides some understanding. Peace my friend!

Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: Jul 01, 2019 04:17 pm »

Good morning!
No need to apologize, I am not saying you are arguing as if we are two children squabbling over who is right or who is wrong. I am providing my thoughts to what was posed as, "debate" a very simple exchange. You made a point and wondered what Hazrat Inayat Khan would say and I simply provided my thoughts. My "argument" being, if there is room for progress then it isn't a bad impression after-all. You'll find some similarities to your own line of thought and perhaps some answers to your question, written by Hazrat Inayat Khan himself-
From that same quote on concentration posted above there's a link provided which elaborates on your observations.
part 7
The standard of right and wrong or good and bad, made rigidly on the action, is the artificial standard which seems outwardly a moral law, but causes degeneration in the end. The standard of action must be made natural, not artificial. The curse of the present day is the artificiality of life. Man must be taught to consult his own spirit, and from his own feeling to find out and make a distinction between right and wrong and good and bad. When this natural principle will be adopted by humanity the greater part of the world-misery will come to an end. This wrong and artificial standard is taught today to children at home and to young people at school. They begin to learn that that is wrong which they have heard others call wrong, that is right which they have read in a book that it is right; something is good because their parents have said it is good, something is bad because their friends have told them so. An artificial standard made in this way buries the spirit, which alone has the right to discern between right and wrong, good and bad. On the day when people will arrive at the freedom of making their own standard by their own feelings, a better condition will come. For those searching after truth, journeying through the spiritual path, this is the first thing to learn, to find out for themselves under all conditions in life what is good and what is bad, what is right and what is wrong, not from what they are taught or told, but from their own feeling, which can be perceived by a delicate sense of realizing through life what really gives comfort and what causes discomfort.

Seems you are both in agreement.  Grin I hope this provides some understanding. Peace my friend!

Thanks so much Eric. What a description/definition Don’t think I have ever read such a detailed explanation from any spiritual source. But at some point all of us have to come to grips with the fact that God created this physical realm and the way it is seen by spirit must be so different then we as mortals evaluate are experiences in still a limited consciousness.

One example is that we as Americans have often thought what some countries and their leaders are doing is bad. However once we come in and ‘fix it’ by imposing our definition of what is good, we find that the results are often worst for us and the other country which we have imposed our values of good and bad on. So what is good to one person can be bad to another and what is good and bad to each of us may just be a state of consciousness that has temporarily held sway over us. As we grow wiser and evolve spiritually we find that many of our previous notions and values change. It is important to recognize that we cannot always know how another person uses a word and what it means to them may be different than what it means to us. Language has its limits in communication. Even words have various implications depending on their intentions and the various definitions as in definition 1. 2. and 3. when you look at a dictionary.

I recently use the word miffed when I was speaking with a friend. He asked me about why I would be irritated. But I really didn’t mean irritated. So I looked up to the word And found all these possible synonyms;
miff
[mif]
VERB
miffed (past tense) · miffed (past participle)
annoy.
"she was slightly miffed at not being invited"
synonyms:
annoyed · displeased · offended · aggrieved · piqued · riled · nettled · vexed · irked · irritated · upset · hurt · pained · put out · in a huff · fed up · chagrined · disgruntled · discontented · resentful · peeved · narked · browned off · hacked off · cheesed off · not best pleased · sore

I like the Sound of the word found it has some negative implications; however being displeased with outcome or not best pleased ·  seemed much different to me than being irritated. You don’t have to be pleased with everything but at the same time it doesn’t have to irritate you.
« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2019 04:38 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
guest88
« Reply #10 on: Jul 05, 2019 10:02 pm »

Wisdom is the ultimate power. In wisdom is rooted religion, which connotes law and inspiration. But the point of view of the wise differs from that of the simple followers of a religious faith. Whatever their faith, the wise have always been able to meet each other beyond those boundaries of external forms and conventions, which are natural and necessary to human life, but which none the less separate humanity. ... Sufism takes away the barriers which divide different faiths, by bringing into full light the underlying wisdom in which they are all united.

from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/archives/sufism.htm
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #11 on: Nov 18, 2019 04:27 am »

Here is the link between three wise souls who share the same message, concentration is key. . . concentration is real power.
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #12 on: Dec 06, 2019 03:30 am »

No doubt, patience is the first lesson to learn on the path of faith, because it is patience, which gives one strength to hope. My spiritual teacher used to say as his benediction, 'May your faith be strengthened.' As a youth I thought that he would say, 'May you live long, may you be happy, prosperous, may you gain wisdom.' The meaning of this blessing I realize now more and more every moment of my life, for in faith there is all. All that one wants, all that one needs, all that one wishes to attain through life – it is all hidden in one's faith.

Someone said to a Brahmin who was worshipping an idol made of stone, 'God is formless. He should not be worshipped in an idol of rock.' The Brahmin answered, 'It is a question of faith. If I have faith in this stone, God who is everywhere will speak through this stone. But if one has no faith, even the God of the abstract, of heavens, will not be able to speak.' If this is so, is there anything that cannot be accomplished, that cannot be realized by faith?

When we look at it from a metaphysical point of view we shall find that the secret of the whole creation is faith, and the perfection of faith is attained when it has risen to that ideal, that height, where it can hold itself without any support. Faith therefore after having accomplished all that is to be accomplished, will be the one thing – and that will prove to be all things.

Q & A
Question: How do we gain that faith?

Answer: By fighting doubt. It is a continual fight, because doubts are the inheritance of the earth. We are walking on the earth, so it is a continual fight.

Question: But faith can be mastered?

Answer: Of course faith can be mastered. As one will fight doubts, so one will gain one's victory over doubts.

Question: Can there be a religious faith without being attached to any religion?

Answer: Certainly. The religion of every soul is his own. Outwardly one may belong to a religion, but inwardly everyone has his own religion, and that is his true religion. By faith I do not at all mean faith in a particular religion or gospel, or idea. I say that faith is within a person.

Question: Can one obtain the spiritual plane by an earthly fight?

Answer: We say in the East that a teacher is most helpful for that. A person, who in his scientific attainment has arrived for instance at the stage of Edison, is there already; he only has to turn his face and he is already there. There is perhaps a businessman who all his life has done nothing but gain wealth. A religious, orthodox, or pious person will look upon him as most materialistic, but he does not know what fight this man had to go through in his life in order to gain that much money, and what sacrifice, what struggle and consideration he had to give to it. It is not always easy to become a man of wealth. Therefore, if he has struggled along and has arrived at a point where he can be called rich, he just has to change his attitude and he is there already.

Question: Can faith have an effect on things that are not religious?

Answer: Oh yes, faith can be used in every direction, just like light. By light you can study religion and fare forth to the heavens and do anything. No one in the world has been able to accomplish a great thing without the power of faith, whether he was a general, a businessman, an inventor or a religious man. The power that faith gives is beyond words. The weakness and the poverty that exist in the absence of faith are most deplorable. A person may have everything in life, youth, wealth, comfort, position and power – if faith lacks he is poverty-stricken.

Question: So if our object is right we are bound to get it unless our faith fails?

Answer: Yes that is true. It depends upon our attitude – if our heart, just like a compass, is always seeking the right direction. The heart is just like a compass: you can take it to any side, it always points in the same direction. So the heart, wherever one turns it to, will always point to the same direction. In other words for him who does right it is most difficult to do wrong – and for the wrongdoer it is most difficult to do right.

Question: Can the wrongdoer come to the right one day?

Answer: Right is the might, and right is the depth, and right is the ideal of every soul. A person who tells a lie, who deceives people, who is treacherous, will do so to others, but he does not want his friends to do the same to him. This shows that he prefers it to be different.
checked 4-dec-2015

https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VIII/VIII_2_36.htm
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #13 on: Jan 07, 2020 06:14 pm »

The only power for the mystic is the power of love.

Bowl of Saki, January 7, by Hazrat Inayat Khan
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #14 on: Apr 22, 2020 05:50 am »

more on the power of love,
a power in discovery... a preference for the true self, king soul as the established ruler
The lions could not harm Daniel because of the harmony of his will with the universal Will. The lions represent the destructive elements in the human mind. They represent wars, disappointments, rivalries, jealousies, envy, passions, and so forth, in different horrible guises. Our ego is the lion of lions, and if this is conquered, then these external lions -- different egos around us -- are conquered also, and wherever we go, with anyone, whether foolish or wise, good or bad, we now have peace.

from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VII/VII_5.htm
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: