Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 11:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Insights

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Insights  (Read 519 times)
guest88
« on: Jan 28, 2018 04:28 am »

If Love and Compassion are to be considered in ones Spiritual practice, perhaps it is important to keep close to friends and family. Even in Strangers and even perhaps, with enemies. While it isn't always easy to practice Love I feel the more we Strive to keep a level head in the name of Love or Compassion or the more we strive to Learn God(should this be a goal) the more insight we have to trivial human affair. We see how emotions and ego play out in our social circles. So what happens when a close friend lashes out at you because their ego was challenged? What if they cut you off? Would you then put up your own walls? I feel many traveling a Spiritual path have witnessed or even been on the receiving end of similar experience. While it may seem petty to us, do we scoff at the situation? Certainly not. Do we accept blame for upsetting someone? I don't think this is always right either. Yet explaining to someone why you know they're upset doesn't seem a viable solution either. And what about your own emotions? Do you get riled up because you learned something about your friend or family member you may have never considered? What if that person threatens you with their Love? How upsetting is that? Having the insight to a situation can help lessen the blow, it may even prove entertaining at times but if we're pulled into someone else's emotion what is the appropriate response- if it's important to keep your own heart open and keep people close??? We aren't perfect ourselves, we don't always vibe with our friends or family... Yet if we want to practice Love and Compassion... How would you respond when you've given someone close to you a wrong impression, or you witness them reacting off of something you yourself see as trivial??? I think having insight is wonderful but if you aren't humble with the knowledge you may lose those you wish to keep close.
Not sure if I'm going in circles here... Ok then.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #1 on: Mar 07, 2018 05:59 am »

Smiley

I do not think you are going in circles here Eric. I have some insights of my own about your remarks. You mentioned not having the same vibe as your family. I would suggest to you this. U may not always have the same views as your family. We are often drawn into family situations because of similar karmic backgrounds and desires that are working out with our family. As we live longer, it takes a while, but those with similar spiritual backgrounds become aware of their true family-their spiritual family. They then slowly gravitate towards that family and over the years find their entanglements to their genetic family untangling.

We have been placed with others who need us and often we need them for a time. It becomes evident when we surrender to the reality of where we find ourselves and that others may not let us into their personal realities for their own ignorance and because we may not be able to satisfy their current dark desires. However occasionally we may notice the significance, similar vibration and the meaning of the relationships we find ourselves surrounded by.
« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2018 10:59 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018 04:09 am »

Just read this Eric not sure if it fits in with what you are saying here but i think it is quite an insight;

One reason people resist change is because they focus on what they have to give up, instead of what they have to gain."

Sometimes we like to stay stuck in the same place, that's often comfortable.

But not embracing change may lead us to stop experiencing gains.
Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
guest88
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018 03:59 am »

Hi Steve,

thank you for both replies. Your latest reply really resonates with me and definitely is fitting to the situation. I don't know where my original post came from but I am now living it to some degree, which is just- blowing my mind. God truly works in mysterious ways.

You are so right- "people resist change because they focus on what they have to give up instead of what they have to gain"

... I thought on this in the shower this morning... I have been trying to quit alcohol. It is very tough, especially in this family. I find I can go at least 12 days sober before I sink back. Usually by the third day I get "Bored" and want to sink back to a comfortable feeling of detachment. I battle with myself, I say- Okay well since I know I like this feeling then if I work on moderation I will be ok... I do Okay for a while but every now and then I get too comfortable and I slip up... More and more I find it is really just a selfish avenue where I mistake its familiar effects as a way to relax or as a social/comforting outlet... I do wish to embrace the change and I hope to be successful. I am trying...

Just recently I had multiple days off work. I work two jobs now to try and keep distracted but one is kind of like a self employed job so I dictate my own hours. I was doing okay with my drinking and started back up... Well needless to say I got to comfortable and got carried away on my last day off. Started in the morning with my Dad, ended up going until night time. I met up with a friend. after treating myself to a desert margarita- I drank more and even smoked(cross faded). At this point all self awareness was gone and I truly displayed some undesirable mannerisms, being quite belligerent and having diarrhea at the mouth. Long story short another friend came by and took us out for dinner and I ended up embarrassing myself, my friends and even a new acquaintance. I pushed my one friend to the edge where he yelled at me to get my act right in an extremely harsh tone- being called a POS, a MF, the whole nine yards. Being yelled at by someone I consider a brother is never a good feeling. Now he wants nothing to do with me. So, it's a bit sad.
Looking back at my previous post I feel it relates in some way to this situation... Yet, I do accept the responsibility because there is no one to blame except myself- I got carried away and played a fool tenfold. The more I think about it the more I realize, drinking is one of my darker, selfish desires. I will contact certain people during these inebriated moments to get more "fucked up" not to actually socialize but to send myself further away from a place of cognizance- This attempt to medicate myself is not an act of Love at all. For this reason I wish to quit and I do believe there will be some gains. I have lost friends and even, almost family members because of my over the top personality. It's not just with alcohol but I have technically died because of it at a much younger age.

So... while I know there are those who have the social graces to keep themselves in check once they start feeling a certain way- I just know if I get too buzzed an entirely new personality kicks in. I have been able to tame myself and make it seem like there is nothing to worry about at all- then I have these moments like above.... So I don't know if I should even try battling with it or maybe I just need to quit it altogether... TO experience the gains and to commit myself to a service of Love...

My end goal is to become more aware... And just because I am choosing a path of sobriety doesn't always mean I will remain 100% aware... But certainly cutting out the drugs and alcohol will help...

Anyways... In this instance an apology was necessary on my behalf and my friend wishes to remain friends but for now I've caused a hiccup in our relationship and he is staying far away from me for pushing him in a place that has caused him to lose his own peace.

At this time all I can do is continue to improve myself, find my own happiness as a result of becoming more self aware and Loving in service- so if the opportunity were to present itself... I can practice forgiveness, tolerance, kindness and allow Love to cure our discord.

Easier said than done.

Thank you again for all the Blessings... I am humbled by your post lately.

Kind Regards
Me  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018 08:01 am »

Namaste Eric

Although i have read your last insights with interest i find that my comments are rather limited. I am most impressed with Paramahansa Yogamandas remarks about material habits when he was helping a movie actor who used to come to Mt. Washington where Paramahansa stayed and lived a great portiion of his life in the United States. The actor was quite surprised that the Master would accept such a dark presence as he felt he was to his environment. However Paramahansa Yogananda said that everything he did was not wrong but rather could be changed by making comparisins with living in a spiritual way that was more conducive to true happiness. So i would say that your changes in behavior will increase as you are able to make comparisins more and more with lifestyles more appropriate for true happiness. This will only come about by being in the presence of people like Amma and putting yourself in the presence of meditation with others and alone which will slowly change the consciousness from a dependence in outer stimuli to one of inner transformation and experiences.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2018 09:28 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018 10:25 am »

I think that sometimes we are forced to flow with circumstances without resistance. That is are lesson. We must surrender to our spiritual calling...but sometimes we really find ourselves in situatiions and relationships where we must accept the inevitable. We do have to endure some of our karma with an attitude of humility and gratefulness in whatever is handed out to us as the result of our actions....with a willingness to learn and adjust better to future occurences because if the wisdom we have kearned from such experiences.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018 10:27 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
guest88
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018 11:35 pm »

Hi Steve,
for some reason the audio was a bit muffled but I really like the video... What I think I heard was,
even though he chases the material things, Yogananda has said if he continues to study the teachings that those material desires may fall away from him... Is that right?

I think it's true if that's what I heard... That, when a soul is ready, it will outgrow certain phases acted out in this plane... And when there are teachings that guide us to our inner sanctum, should the desire to reside in this vibration persist- even outweigh all else, then naturally one is not affected by the lower realms as easily as before.

Well thank you for being there for me as an anchor to the spiritual side of life. I am still a bit regretful for letting my indulgences affect my relationships the way they have and for playing the Fool so precisely but I suppose it doesn't help holding on to these feelings if I am trying to move on.

Kind regards and many Blessings from Texas =)

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: