Spiritual Portal
Apr 22, 2018 05:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ramana Maharshi Quotes

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Insights

Recent Items

Views: 2
Comments (0)
By: Red

Views: 7
Comments (0)
By: Red

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Steve Hydonus

Views: 7
Comments (0)
By: Steve Hydonus
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Insights  (Read 35 times)
Red
Administrator

« on: Jan 28, 2018 04:28 am »

If Love and Compassion are to be considered in ones Spiritual practice, perhaps it is important to keep close to friends and family. Even in Strangers and even perhaps, with enemies. While it isn't always easy to practice Love I feel the more we Strive to keep a level head in the name of Love or Compassion or the more we strive to Learn God(should this be a goal) the more insight we have to trivial human affair. We see how emotions and ego play out in our social circles. So what happens when a close friend lashes out at you because their ego was challenged? What if they cut you off? Would you then put up your own walls? I feel many traveling a Spiritual path have witnessed or even been on the receiving end of similar experience. While it may seem petty to us, do we scoff at the situation? Certainly not. Do we accept blame for upsetting someone? I don't think this is always right either. Yet explaining to someone why you know they're upset doesn't seem a viable solution either. And what about your own emotions? Do you get riled up because you learned something about your friend or family member you may have never considered? What if that person threatens you with their Love? How upsetting is that? Having the insight to a situation can help lessen the blow, it may even prove entertaining at times but if we're pulled into someone else's emotion what is the appropriate response- if it's important to keep your own heart open and keep people close??? We aren't perfect ourselves, we don't always vibe with our friends or family... Yet if we want to practice Love and Compassion... How would you respond when you've given someone close to you a wrong impression, or you witness them reacting off of something you yourself see as trivial??? I think having insight is wonderful but if you aren't humble with the knowledge you may lose those you wish to keep close.
Not sure if I'm going in circles here... Ok then.
« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2018 05:35 am by Red » Report Spam   Logged

Steve Hydonus
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #1 on: Mar 07, 2018 05:59 am »

Smiley

I do not think you are going in circles here Eric. I have some insights of my own about your remarks. You mentioned not having the same vibe as your family. I would suggest to you this. U may not always have the same views as your family. We are often drawn into family situations because of similar karmic backgrounds and desires that are working out with our family. As we live longer, it takes a while, but those with similar spiritual backgrounds become aware of their true family-their spiritual family. They then slowly gravitate towards that family and over the years find their entanglements to their genetic family untangling.

We have been placed with others who need us and often we need them for a time. It becomes evident when we surrender to the reality of where we find ourselves and that others may not let us into their personal realities for their own ignorance and because we may not be able to satisfy their current dark desires. However occasionally we may notice the significance, similar vibration and the meaning of the relationships we find ourselves surrounded by.
« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2018 10:59 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://www.cdbaby.com/cd/stevehydonus
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus https://myspace.com/stevehydonus/music/songs<br />http://stevehydonus.googlepages.com/  (Personal website)<br />email:ombabaji@hotmail.com (For CD\'s

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: