Spiritual Portal
Apr 19, 2024 03:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

raccoon

Recent Items

Views: 31
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: raccoon  (Read 270 times)
guest88
« on: Feb 20, 2020 06:24 am »

on my way home tonight i saw a pair of eyes reflect in my headlight, there was a raccoon laying in the middle of the road straddled over the line that splits lanes. i nearly hit him and felt awful for driving past. i turned around to see if he was still there, he was. i pulled my car off to the shoulder and got a flashlight. the raccoon looked both grateful and scared. of course he was, he was fending for his life. he wanted to live. i walked up to him to find his leg had been broken most likely by another car. he snarled at me so i backed off. i kept the flashlight on him to alert the oncoming traffic. one person still almost hit him despite my presence and a flashlight. the next car that came by i had to have them slow down to avoid running over the raccoon. i started pleading the raccoon spiritually to get up. he clearly wanted to live. between my presence and the two cars after that he dragged his broken leg off to the side of the road. is he any better off? whose to say... but i feel in this small experience is a lesson for me. i do hope the raccoon makes a speedy recovery and lives a good life.

so i couldn't find a thread for this totem and thought this was an interesting parallel after looking up the native american meaning,
When brother or sister raccoon comes into your spiritual radar, you are being asked to get in touch with your inner warrior to become a provider and protector. There is a slight twist to this, though. You must learn to protect and provide in a way that does not make the ones you are helping to become dependent on your help.

looking further into the bhagavad gita chapter 6 verse 1 swami v also elaborated on the need to do work without attachment to the result. if we do good we do not do good for the reward of doing it. if we do our best but a negative outcome happens, we do not hold onto the outcome and let it deter our efforts. act without attaching to the result.

http://native-american-totems.com/animal-totem-medicines/raccoon-totem-medicine/

it seems relevant too since i am hoping to learn how to become more self reliant. i'd like to take a course in wild life survival skills and self defense one day.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #1 on: Jun 06, 2020 08:00 am »

While driving home tonite I saw two raccoons climbing a tree together.

The Raccoon’s Mask

The most recognizable, physical trait of the raccoon is its mask. The spirit animal’s classification as a shape shifter originates with this symbol of transformation.

It is important to remember no one is exactly as he or she seems. This power animal’s mask is symbolic of humans’ ability to adapt or shape shift in different situations. Masks have been used for centuries by every society to achieve altered states. The art of mask making has been has existed the world around and has been used for celebration, ceremonies and magic rituals. Once behind a mask, a person can become someone or something else. The mask helps us change who and what we are to who and what we want to be.

Having the raccoon as your totem is a helpful in revealing all the facades of your personality. The raccoon spirit animal’s presence in your life may be helping you to transform into something or someone new.

https://www.spiritanimal.info/raccoon-spirit-animal/
« Last Edit: Jun 06, 2020 08:08 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest587
« Reply #2 on: Sep 17, 2023 04:18 am »

I am bumping this thread and sharing a humorous sighting. Three full sized racoons were caught running across a well groomed suburban yard. The sun was setting, I saw a black dash in the corner of my eye before realizing what I was witnessing. I ran for my camera but by the time I came outside two had already dropped down into the sidewalk drain leading to the sewer. The last one saw me, I think he called me a punk before joining his notorious gang.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: