Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 03:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Consciousness

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 0
Comments (0)

Views: 2
Comments (0)

Views: 3
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Consciousness  (Read 753 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: May 29, 2018 01:26 am »

We look around us and see people entering and leaving our lives... these represent changes of consciousness. We learn not to hold on to these shifting states while accepting all conditions with eaquinimity. As our own consciousness shifts and we recognize more and more we are not these bodies we are only teneting— we are able to spread our awareness beyond these bodily structures we have erected purely to satisfy desires. We learn a valuable lesson in others easier then in ourselves. That lesson is that everyone is holding on to their own sense of identity as though there is a sacredness about it. When in reality it is not real but a fabric of our own rigid beliefs. A sea of consciousness is flowing in and around us and most of us on some level our being trapped by the images we see and identify with instead of the flow of images ever mutating and changing while entertaining our awareness instead of holding are identity and seizing our pleasurable experiences.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018 02:04 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest88
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018 07:05 am »

Ah Steve, I can't help but get tangled up in these relationships and the feelings. I suppose meditation may serve as a nice refresher and cleanse me from these ensnarement's!
Here's what I read kind of reminds me what you're saying
Rumi, the great Persian poet, speaking about this, says, 'Every soul is a captive on earth'. And this captivity is in the limited physical body, which man calls his individuality or personality; while the nature of the soul is peace and joy and freedom. In this captivity it lacks these things. That is why the soul begins to feel it wants this or that: paradise, duty, a beloved, or wealth. Reason may suggest, 'This is it,' and the soul goes after it, but having acquired it, it begins to feel, 'No, this is not the thing that I wanted.'
https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VII/VII_30.htm
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2019 06:38 pm »

In an effort to become more aware of my thoughts I've noticed certain indulgences induce a sort of, vegetated state of consciousness.
One, when watching TV and the other over-eating. I think it was surprising to find such resistance to combating the desire to be lulled into this state. I see this as a consequence for having developed the habit from youth. I think some people might prefer this vegetated state tricking themselves into thinking it is some form of relief since trying to constantly scrutinize ones own thoughts is no easy task.
Report Spam   Logged
kingfisher111

« Reply #3 on: Mar 19, 2019 08:05 pm »

In an effort to become more aware of my thoughts I've noticed certain indulgences induce a sort of, vegetated state of consciousness.
One, when watching TV and the other over-eating. I think it was surprising to find such resistance to combating the desire to be lulled into this state. I see this as a consequence for having developed the habit from youth. I think some people might prefer this vegetated state tricking themselves into thinking it is some form of relief since trying to constantly scrutinize ones own thoughts is no easy task.

last night I encountered something very similar to this.  I was eating too late, a not very healthy meal... but while at this restaurant I was reading the wikipedia page on my phone for Shankara, which was interesting.  Then the table next to me was seated with a guy and two girls in their early 20s, drunk and electrically charged with loud conversation about sex and fighting.  It was a trip.  I lost all focus on what I was reading and gave in to the desire to eavesdrop on their vapid nonsense conversation. 

It derailed my focus for the rest of the night. 

At the same time, I love when this happens, whether I "overcome the obstacle" or "succumb to hypnosis", cuz even if I get distracted by some lower chakra event, I can compare how it happened and how long it lasted with my past. 

TV is a funny "ensnarement", because now-a-days with Netflix and YouTube you can find so much specific stuff, it's endless trivia and entertainment to your own taste.  But I think a little bit is ok.  We are not separating from the World, so we can learn a lot from it and through that ourselves, so long as we have a healthy balance with our Spiritual Practice, I think.
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #4 on: Mar 20, 2019 05:46 am »

Yes Art I agree. It circles back to Steves original post. Surprisingly, I've read this just tonight from God talks with Arjuna verse 1 page 35...

"So long as man concentrates wholly on the changing waves of the alternates of this world of relativity, so long he will forget to re-identify himself with the underlying changeless sea of all-protecting Spirit. Only in soul-realization does he get away from the superficial flux and attain the changeless state: one in which health and disease, life and death, pleasure and pain, and all pairs of opposites appear merely as waves of change, rising and falling on the ocean-bosom of Chnagelessness.
Identification of the consciousness with the alternating waves of change is known as restlessness; identity with Changelessness is calmness."

Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2020 06:34 am »

it's also liberating to realize our mortality. we come into life with nothing, we leave with nothing. every thing that happens in between- win or lose, happy or sad, confident or insecure- it's all profit.

knowing we have to die we can steer our experiences with a unique perception and love everything that happens to us.

Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2020 05:32 pm »

it's also liberating to realize our mortality. we come into life with nothing, we leave with nothing. every thing that happens in between- win or lose, happy or sad, confident or insecure- it's all profit.

knowing we have to die we can steer our experiences with a unique perception and love everything that happens to us.

Everything you are saying is true Eric but you might add that there are people like Fuhrer Trump who actually is going in reverse... not making any spiritual progress but setting himself up for painful repercussions because of the mistreatment he has given Mother Nature and the working class as well as his lack of concern for others across the globe. There are some cases in which human souls must come back as animals because they have lived the consciousness of an animal instead of finding higher ground as in their human potential. So in his life you could make the case that no profit was made at all.

Eric perhaps you would say I am making a personal judgement and I would not disagree with you. However we make judgements every day as we steer our lives on a course. If we want the good karma of taking our responsibilities in the nation we live in we will vote and this requires a choice and in evaluating the people we vote for... a judgement on making a decision.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020 05:51 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest88
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2020 06:28 am »

steve, that's wonderful. what i see is a desire to evolve past our animal mind. you see, we're already animals. that's nothing new. so i appreciate it when you display your desire for transcendence. this is definitely a lower rung of evolution, as you've so eloquently stated- we're either in the land of clones, in a prison planet or spiritually retarded. all of which are easy to see.

one president is not enough to define the ignorance of mankind. i pray we keep each other afloat, godward and onwards my friend. cheers to you divine brother.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: