Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 05:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Divisional charts - vedic astrology

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Divisional charts - vedic astrology  (Read 227 times)
sk17

« on: Jun 23, 2018 11:17 am »

Hello steve and other admins.
I am from yoganandaji.org . I am a srf/yss member and lessons student.
I am impressed that this forum here has much variety than the other one. so it will also be good to hang around here from time to time

I also into vedic astrology. I dont follow the western one.
vedic astrology has many divisional charts apart from your main birth chart like navasma , shastiamsa , Dasamsa etc.

The most of important chart according to parashara is D-60 ie Shastiamsa chart because the ascendant of D-60 chart changes every 2 minutes and hence can be a accuraye tool.
I know the basics of astrology and can read divisional charts to some extent.

Is anyone here familiar with the divisional charts?
please share your experiences.

Thank you. Smiley

Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #1 on: Jun 23, 2018 02:15 pm »

I am impressed that this forum here has much variety than the other one. so it will also be good to hang around here from time to time

vedic astrology has many divisional charts apart from your main birth chart like navasma , shastiamsa , Dasamsa etc.

The most of important chart according to parashara is D-60 ie Shastiamsa chart because the ascendant of D-60 chart changes every 2 minutes and hence can be a accuraye tool.

Thank you. Smiley

Western charts also change ever two minutes. Every two hours in every day a new sign rises on the horizon.  The signs are divided into decanates. Each sign is divided into three of 10 degrees each. These sub-rulers modify the characteristics of the signs. So the Decanate  of the sign on the ascendant at birth is important and could change quickly bringing a different vibration to the expression of the ascendant. For instance: in my chart the ruler of the ascendant is from the first Decanate this plays a central role in my communication in my life.

I am beginning to understand Vedic astrology...only beginning. I feel that the inclusion of transcendental—-  and thus spiritually influential planets in western astrology gives a much broader interpretation of karmic and spiritual factors that should be a part of astrology.

Eric and I have always shared our different views on religion and they have only complimented each other and help us see things from a slant that may have changed some views that held us back from a more expansive outlook and experience. I see this as a helpful exchange in understanding astrology as well.
« Last Edit: Jun 23, 2018 03:10 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
sk17

« Reply #2 on: Jun 23, 2018 03:44 pm »

Thank you. Smiley

Western charts also change ever two minutes. Every two hours in every day a new sign rises on the horizon.  The signs are divided into decanates. Each sign is divided into three of 10 degrees each. These sub-rulers modify the characteristics of the signs. So the Decanate  of the sign on the ascendant at birth is important and could change quickly bringing a different vibration to the expression of the ascendant. For instance: in my chart the ruler of the ascendant is from the first Decanate this plays a central role in my communication in my life.

I am beginning to understand Vedic astrology...only beginning. I feel that the inclusion of transcendental—-  and thus spiritually influential planets in western astrology gives a much broader interpretation of karmic and spiritual factors that should be a part of astrology.

Eric and I have always shared our different views on religion and they have only complimented each other and help us see things from a slant that may have changed some views that held us back from a more expansive outlook and experience. I see this as a helpful exchange in understanding astrology as well.

I didn't study western astrology. I don't know which astrological system Sri yutkeswar used to use.

But astrology is extremely vast and complex indeed. one advantage in vedic astrology is that it has many yogas which can be postive or negative and it has many dasha system which helps to grasp the various aspects of life.
Divisional charts are also helpful but this may take several years to master this art.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #3 on: Jun 23, 2018 03:51 pm »

Yes some astrologers even break down the decanate into the dwadashana the sub decanate and the sub-dwad..... With the explanation that it just depends on how specific the astrologer wishes to get with the soul being examined.
« Last Edit: Jun 23, 2018 03:52 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: