Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 03:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Life of a Sufi

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Life of a Sufi  (Read 587 times)
guest88
« on: Jun 24, 2018 06:49 am »

The Sufi harmonizes with everybody whether good or bad, wise or foolish, by becoming like the key-note. All races, nations, classes and people are like a strain of music based upon one chord, where the key-note, the common interest, holds so many personalities in a single bond of harmony. By a study of life the Sufi learns and practices the nature of its harmony. He establishes harmony with the self, with others, with the universe and with the infinite. He identifies himself with another, he sees himself, so to speak, in every other being. He cares for neither blame nor praise, considering both as coming from himself. ... He overlooks the faults of others, considering that they know no better. He hides the faults of others, and suppresses any facts that would cause disharmony.

His constant fight is with the Nafs (self-interest), the root of all disharmony and the only enemy of man. By crushing this enemy man gains mastery over himself; this wins for him mastery over the whole universe, because the wall standing between the self and the Almighty has been broken down. Gentleness, mildness, respect, humility, modesty, self-denial, conscientiousness, tolerance and forgiveness are considered by the Sufi as the attributes which produce harmony within one's own soul as well as within that of another.

from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/II/II_3.htm

Peace...  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2018 06:09 pm »

The Sufi message is not necessarily a message of pacifism. It does not teach to make peace at any and every cost; it does not condemn family pride or patriotism; it does not even preach against war. It is a message to make one conscious of the words of the Bible: 'We live and move and have our being in God' – to realize this and to recognize the brotherhood of humanity is the realization of God. The natural consequences of this will bring about the spirit of brotherhood and equality and will result in preparing the outer democracy and the inner aristocracy which is in the nobility of the soul whose perfection is hidden under the supremacy of God.
https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/XIV/XIV_2_15.htm
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2018 05:12 am »

I wonder what the sufis advice would be about harmonizing with others when there is little or no harmony existing around them or in the powers that be? I am referring to being led by dictatorial sociopaths like Hitler or Stalin. I suppose it would be right to reestablish harmony; a scenario that confronts us in the U.S. today. However even families experience periods of dischord or relationships in which it seem like it is unlikely to find harmony with those around us. Should we have to struggle with others to be in harmony with our own higher aspirations or perhaps leave if it possible to find more harmious options?
« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2018 05:46 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest88
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2018 03:38 am »

I think the path of the Sufi or of any mystic is a way of life, one which is devoted to God. This battle with Nafs is the way to harmony. It is a daily battle, and it is difficult to remain always cognizant of God, the All. I believe the Sufi works on seeing God in all walks of life, his devotion to God is a liberating experience. It is said we have everything we need, we are Joy itself. I have had my fair share in experience and serving as an influence for good where real efforts have caused a quick awareness in others as their egos broke down before us, suddenly things weren't as big of a deal or there was happiness. I suspect, the Sufi sees God in the wicked and finds harmony even in the most chaotic environment. Sometimes this means being called to act. Perhaps then we are a harmonizing influence to the environment. The Sufi does not discriminate the way God wishes to express itself.
On self-mastery and harmonizing with others- Even nature listens to the will of the masters. It is extremely difficult, most of us would rather not do the work. We must humble our ego daily in order to perceive Love and free ourselves. I don't consider creating peace an act of ignorance to the troubles of the nation and when we become conscious of God as All, we create peace. The path of the Sufi though is not in forcing some preconceived notion peace... He is simply saying to become conscious- conscious of the ups and downs and that in even the downs there is God. Didn't Jesus know of his crucifixion and accept his Fate? Though he was in agony, do you think he was in harmony with his environment during his death? Maybe he felt he was. Inayat Khan says that the more people practice becoming conscious of God the, 'spirit of brotherhood and equality is formed.' You can't force someone to do anything, but you can make the decision to become conscious of God and live in harmony for yourself...  Gurunath says, self peace for world peace. When you spend your life devoted to God and finally start to see him in profound ways, peace is a natural result. Also... how silly to think we may completely comprehend God or even the gravity of our efforts in this limited life of ours? It is a constant battle.... !!! The struggle isn't with others though since what was initially perceived as a struggle, once conscious of God and developed in Faith, transforms the perception- the individual is freed and creates a harmonizing vibration within.

Hmm...
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2020 12:43 am »

"The work of the Sufi message, therefore, is to use any of the different methods, devotional, religious, spiritual, which will suit the particular grade of a person's evolution, in order to prepare his heart for that conviction which is called the life immortal."
https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/IX/IX_5.htm
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #5 on: Sep 20, 2020 06:03 pm »

Changing the name of this thread, "Life of a Sufi" for those who find similarity with their individual journey. Your path is your own. Mystical Sufism is rooted in something greater than any title or creed.

"Sufis have no set belief or disbelief. Divine light is the only sustenance of their soul, and through this light they see their path clear, and what they see in this light they believe, and what they do not see they do not blindly believe. Yet they do not interfere with another person's belief or disbelief, thinking that perhaps a greater portion of light has kindled his heart, and so he sees and believes that the Sufi cannot see or believe. Or, perhaps a lesser portion of light has kept his sight dim and he cannot see and believe as the Sufi believes. Therefore Sufis leave belief and disbelief to the grade of evolution of every individual soul. The Murshid's work is to kindle the fire of the heart, and to light the torch of the soul of his mureed, and to let the mureed believe and disbelieve as he chooses, while journeying through the path of evolution."

from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/I/I_I_3.htm
Report Spam   Logged
guest587
« Reply #6 on: Oct 12, 2023 02:28 am »

I'm surprised to come here and read that a Sufi does not stand against war. I believe it is a mystics take on, people are people- and life on earth is life on earth. Meaning... War, hatred... Etc. seems to be a part of life here.

That being said. If I had a choice, I choose no war. But I don't stop others from doing what they believe is right.

"The pairs of opposites keep us in an illusion and make us think, 'This is this, and that is that'. At the same time by throwing a greater light upon things we shall find in the end that they are quite different from what we had thought. Seeing the nature and character of life, the Sufi says that it is not very important to distinguish between two opposites. What is most important is to recognize that One which is hiding behind it all. Naturally after realizing life the Sufi climbs the ladder which leads him to unity, to the idea of unity which comes through the synthesis of life, by seeing One in all things, in all beings."

from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/XIV/XIV_2_12.htm
Report Spam   Logged
guest587
« Reply #7 on: Oct 12, 2023 02:31 am »

I think the path of the Sufi or of any mystic is a way of life, one which is devoted to God. This battle with Nafs is the way to harmony. It is a daily battle, and it is difficult to remain always cognizant of God, the All. I believe the Sufi works on seeing God in all walks of life, his devotion to God is a liberating experience. It is said we have everything we need, we are Joy itself. I have had my fair share in experience and serving as an influence for good where real efforts have caused a quick awareness in others as their egos broke down before us, suddenly things weren't as big of a deal or there was happiness. I suspect, the Sufi sees God in the wicked and finds harmony even in the most chaotic environment. Sometimes this means being called to act. Perhaps then we are a harmonizing influence to the environment. The Sufi does not discriminate the way God wishes to express itself.
On self-mastery and harmonizing with others- Even nature listens to the will of the masters. It is extremely difficult, most of us would rather not do the work. We must humble our ego daily in order to perceive Love and free ourselves. I don't consider creating peace an act of ignorance to the troubles of the nation and when we become conscious of God as All, we create peace. The path of the Sufi though is not in forcing some preconceived notion peace... He is simply saying to become conscious- conscious of the ups and downs and that in even the downs there is God. Didn't Jesus know of his crucifixion and accept his Fate? Though he was in agony, do you think he was in harmony with his environment during his death? Maybe he felt he was. Inayat Khan says that the more people practice becoming conscious of God the, 'spirit of brotherhood and equality is formed.' You can't force someone to do anything, but you can make the decision to become conscious of God and live in harmony for yourself...  Gurunath says, self peace for world peace. When you spend your life devoted to God and finally start to see him in profound ways, peace is a natural result. Also... how silly to think we may completely comprehend God or even the gravity of our efforts in this limited life of ours? It is a constant battle.... !!! The struggle isn't with others though since what was initially perceived as a struggle, once conscious of God and developed in Faith, transforms the perception- the individual is freed and creates a harmonizing vibration within.

Hmm...

Wow, like a message to my self. This reminds me of Amma the hugging Saint. Who, by Self Realization, has created peace in hundreds of thousands.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: