Spiritual Portal
Apr 19, 2024 07:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Meditation of the "I Am Activity"

Recent Items

Views: 31
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Meditation of the "I Am Activity"  (Read 498 times)
kashiraja

The sound to step upon on your way to heaven

« on: Sep 23, 2009 10:52 pm »

Hi Into Blue,
From the day I first read this passage of “Unveiled Mysteries” I set the routine of meditating regularly and I had some wonderful experiences with this outline. With the time I took other elements in from other sources or my intuition (trial and error, I Am activity doesn’t stress meditation). 
So, when I began receiving the SRF techniques I had a routine made up from different sources, just according to what I felt was good for me and most efficient.

With receiving more and more SRF techniques I abandoned more and more of these techniques. When I started with Kriya proper my former outline was completely replaced. I always look for good meditation instructions, but till now I never found anything better, than what I received from Yogananda.

But some years ago I felt that the effects from my meditation practice wasn’t as pleasing as I would have it and as I expected it. I did not know what to do.

So last year, I was volunteering at a Shivanda-Ashram (Yoga-Vidya) and learned a lot of the general Yogi routine of vedic India. Attending a seminar Chakra-Meditation brought me to the book “Kundalini Tantra” ( you can read this book here http://www.eng.vedanta.ru/library/kundalini_tantra/contents.php) form Swami Satyananda Saraswati (Bihar Yoga School).

I followed the meditation outline of that book, which meant working with different techniques on one chakra for a whole month before going to the next chakra. I combined these techniques with the SRF technique and the results were rather satisfying.

Today I am back with my old SRF techniques and I practice them without any other technique (except my Hatha-Yoga Asanas) - but on a higher level and much more effective.
Having a bit on the side, for a while, revealed to be rather merciful to me.

On the other hand I have to admit, that last year I began reading “God talks with Arjuna” and later I thoroughly revised the SRF techniques. This too had rather beneficial effects on my meditation results.

In summery I would say, if you practice all the SRF techniques (Energizing, Hong Sau, Om Meditation, Kriya Techniques, Yoti Mudra, Maha Mudra) that’s enough for reaching heaven in one lifetime. But if you look back on some years of practice and you haven’t made a progress that is satisfying you, it might be well to look around s.th., trying s.th. new. 
« Last Edit: Sep 23, 2009 10:58 pm by kashiraja » Report Spam   Logged

He is a superior being, though he remain unheeded and unknown, who follows the simple virtues of life and the path of calm meditation that slowly but steadily unveil the soul, compared to one who pursues well-performed spectacular worldly duties catering to the senses, or who ... GtwA 404

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: