Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 02:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

the inevitable

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: the inevitable  (Read 245 times)
guest88
« on: Nov 16, 2018 05:00 am »

teachers of the spiritual tell us all to prepare for death, a question for the living from an unenlightened-
how do you suppose we do that??

thank you
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #1 on: Nov 16, 2018 03:56 pm »

teachers of the spiritual tell us all to prepare for death, a question for the living from an unenlightened-
how do you suppose we do that??

thank you

I have had a desire to understand death and preparation myself; as desires often manifest and we sometimes get more then we want to bargain with; I did have various experiences of the dead and spirits beyond this life when I spent time with a girlfriend who lived in this world and the world beyond simultaneously. In our relationship I was exposed to spirits beyond this life and specifically one spirit who I tried to help go on in his immortal journey. Through his relating to me about his life here and what happened to him while passing on I gained much wisdom as to what happens after this life in this sense the drama that unfolded with him and her helped me as well. More important then anything i became aware of is that our desires in this life, we now are living in, determine where we go next and what happens to us for quite awhile after this human incarnation. So it became apparent to me that the best preparation for the next life was to try to resolve some of the desires we presently live with; and if possible move beyond them so they do not hold us in regions following this life and we are able to leave this incarnations events without attachment to still satisfying those desires which may continue to hold us hostage to our memories here.

More then then the answer to your question but possibly the solution is why you have such a fascination for the subject. You have had this interest for sometime now. Does it make you wonder why? The planet of death and rebirth has been in your first house and made that great crossing of a life time over your ascendant a few years back. I told you at the time that this would be one of the biggest transformations if not the largest event of your life. Quite like a death and rebirth in your present life. The Greeks talked of the river Styx as a location in Greek mythology. Located in the Underworld, it is a river that serves as a barrier separating the world of the living from the world of the dead. It is also in this river where Thetis dipped her son Achilles, in order for him to gain the power of invulnerability. It is one of five underworld rivers; the others being the Phlegethon (or Pyriphlegethon), Lethe, Cocytus and Acheron rivers. It fits in well with the planet Pluto which has been so much a part of your own personal death and rebirth in this life and it continued significance lingers on as well as it impact.

The Egyptians as a culture had a fascination for death and the passage of death to the underworld. That is why we see so many mummies in their pyramids.

It is interesting to me that when Amma describes death she says it is but a period at the end of a sentence. We can assume by this comment that she means that following the period occurs another sentence and in our case another life somewhere else.

It is desire that leads us here and where we go next as well. So, the most important preparation is to find a way to eliminate countless desires and new desires that arise from present and future circumstances. This earth and other places we have and will inhabit bring constant glimpses of things, places, people and experiences that tantalize us and keep us bound to coming back here to experience them. It seems to me that the only hope we have from being drawn here to satisfy such desires and the suffering that goes with them is to find methods to eliminate such desires. To some degree that is the purpose of everyone who has come to this forum. We are united in that purpose to free our souls from the material desires and magnetic pull that keeps us coming here to experience the pain and sorrow and yes at times pleasure and fleeting happiness associated with this existence. However in our pursuits we occasionally experience states of consciousness that deliver us from these trappings and the coertion that desire dictates.
« Last Edit: Nov 16, 2018 05:01 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest88
« Reply #2 on: Nov 17, 2018 09:45 pm »

thank you steve.

what i think i understood from you is to eliminate desires, as a way to prepare for death. this is an interesting concept. should we succeed in doing so, what would it mean to experience a desire-less life-  would we be any more prepared for the departure. when i think of what it means to be alive, i think we are here to experience desires- the cause of our suffering. yet it is a beautiful suffering. it is only the mother in disguise. there are desires we no doubt fulfill that are not harmful but bring about great joy and peace, which seems to be an evolved form of expression- one that carries the brunt experience of life. 

a great sufi poet has called death the most intimate act with god. maybe this is because the spirit we are so drawn to in others and in ourselves is freed from the physical shell it has bound itself to.

to live with great peace and to have the conviction that this inevitable death is a return to an ever pervading infinite intelligence takes an exercise of faith. it takes self examination and a developing trust in the unseen beloved who has walked with you along your journey since birth. at least i know my way towards this peace, i just hope i have it in me on my death bed.

here are some interesting comments on the inevitable taken from

The Hundred Verses of Advice
of Padampa Sangye

Homage to the teacher!
Fortunate practitioners gathered here in Tingri, listen!

Just as worn-out clothes can never again be made as new,
It's no use seeing a doctor once you're terminally ill;
You'll have to go. We humans living on this earth
Are like streams and rivers flowing toward the ocean -
All living beings are heading for that single destination.

Now, like a small bird flying off from a treetop,
I, too, will not be here much longer; soon I must move on.

Even if resembling, while alive, the children of the gods,
Once dead they are more frightful than a demon horde;
People of Tingri, you've been deceived by these illusory bodies.

The unborn absolute body is like the very heart of the sun -
People of Tingri, there is no waxing or waning of its radiant clarity.

The delusions of samsara and nirvana are like coming face to face with an enemy;
People of Tingri, as your ally practice virtue.

all 100 verses here,
https://wahiduddin.net/budh/hundred_verses.htm

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: