Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 06:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Fall from grace

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fall from grace  (Read 138 times)
guest88
« on: Dec 23, 2018 04:56 pm »

One day we may feel that God favors us and lose sight of our service to Him(Love) the most humbling and rewarding of sustenance. Often God takes things away to remind us and teach us that these things were never ours to begin with.

"There is one sin and one virtue for a soul on the path. Virtue when he is conscious of God and Sin when he is not." This is the truest, most rewarding statement I know.

Many times I feel I am making progress, blessed by Lord and then in moments of selfish pursuits- I lose sight of the Lord and ask God to work on my time, which is a little heart-breaking fact about my personality. I wonder how many great ones have assumed the world will wait for them, or work around their schedule. I feel there were many great priest blessed by the Lord to have squandered their inheritance, losing sight of Love for a lesser wealth which truly brought about suffering on themselves, their constituents and society.
My friend says, a saint is a sinner who never gives up.
If a sin is when we lose sight of God or place our ego on the fore, the rest of what is considered sin(its many branches and perspectives) are a natural consequence for deciding to place God on the back burner.
In my most enlightening moments I've come to realize God is always there providing us a powerfully silent and Loving blessing, all ways... It is simply our attitudes that deny us this privilege in perspective. Although these moments are fleeting even the slightest touch, the expression is dipping ones toe in the water, is so overwhelmingly great that our limited self is challenged in trying to word the ways in which omnipresence is experienced- a glimpse into this reality that is God is beautifully mind shattering.
It's easy to fall from grace, it's a constant battle though to keep God on the fore... My hope is we never stop trying since surely we will fall over and over again. Is it a sin to know what you're doing is wrong and still do it or wait to fix it? Who are you really hurting? Don't let a little taste of God prevent you from living in the present.  Nafs...
"

You do not have to struggle to reach God,
    but you do have to struggle to tear away
       the self-created veil that hides him from you.

Paramahansa Yogananda

All those who are unhappy in the world
      are so as a result of
          their desire for their own happiness.
All those who are happy in the world
       are so as a result of
           their desire for the happiness of others.

Shantideva

Before you ask God for what you want,
          first thank God for what you have.

Babylonian Talmud, B'rachot 30b

"
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: