Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 06:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The name of this forum.

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The name of this forum.  (Read 707 times)
sk17

« on: Jul 25, 2018 02:29 pm »

Yogananda.net is permanently down. I believe the admin of that board got rid of it.

I am so sorry to hear about what happened to you in yoganandaji.org.

I think your forum is also a good alternative for devotees of yogananda. But one think that I would suggest you is to change the name of this domain to 'yoganandadevotees.net or something srf, as it would attract more new members interested in yogananda or srf.

As yogananda is our guru, and many people are interested in him, so it will be good. Also this will give devotees of yogananda another place to discuss spiritual stuff. As only yogadandaji.org is only option available.

« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2018 01:51 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #1 on: Jul 26, 2018 01:58 pm »

I appreciate your suggestion but in reality it has not been S.R.Fers that have kept this site going. With the exception of Namaste2al all Yogananda devotees have come and left this site. I would say without the help of Eric known as aya now...this site would have a very difficult time surviving. Since he comes from a different spiritual background and also others who have supported this forum more consistently then Yogananda devotees; I find it difficult to not think of them when considering a name for the forum. Spiritualportal seems more inclusive to me.

However for commercial reasons I see your point. And yes...Yogananda is my Guru but i really think he killed Yogananda a long time ago. His idea was to see various religions come together. In that spirit I hope spiritualportal is successful; without leaving others in their own unique paths to God feeling left out with a name implying we are a group of people with one emphasis. Reading Yogananda’s Autobiography one is impressed by the number of spiritual aspirants he met over his life. Many of whom had nothing to do with his teachings. Yet his tolerance and respect for all spiritual aspirants and their unique spiritual paths was always evident.

I want to mention one last thing in regards to your suggestion. This forum was first called Music and Meditate and then was changed to Soul Searching Forum. There were people unhappy with the change of name when we also became spiritualportal. I hope that does not reoccur and this sheds some light on the subject of a name for this forum.
« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2018 02:02 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Jul 26, 2018 02:18 pm »

There is another big problem I encountered trying to change names of this forum. The people that host this forum still recognize the first name of the forum and that name could only be ‘masked’ not changed.
Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
sk17

« Reply #3 on: Jul 27, 2018 02:47 pm »

Yes, i understand what you are saying. Spiritual portal is fine. Thanks for clarifying.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
sk17

« Reply #4 on: Jul 27, 2018 02:49 pm »

Hi , Eric I noticed you changed your name from red to aya.

Eric , are you a hare Krishna devotee?  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #5 on: Jul 27, 2018 03:23 pm »

hello SK,
no, i am not.  Cheesy thank you for the reminder! i have been meaning to go back to my friends place of worship, he is a hare krishna devotee and monk. there is a beautiful temple in my city. my spiritual journey started with no religious name- just a desire to love and know god since a young boy. i have had some interesting experiences with spirits and in my own fear turned off whatever ability was there. as i got older things started to pick up again. from astral projection to wild dreams back in 2008 which really caused me to go online to find information about the dreams. i met those interested by the 11:11 phenomenon- where a member has introduced me to this forum. i am on a few forums but i have a special fondness for this one and try to invite friends over here with the hopes to see it prosper as steve desires.

one aspect that has kept me drawn to this forum is the freedom to change and express, there isn't a time cut off on modifying your post and seems anyone from any background is welcome to express themselves in their sincerity. religion has become for me an expression of faith, which is the development and sincerity of the individual personality, and as yogananda says in listening to ones intuition. we needn't be devotee to any one person save god yet in our pursuit towards the one we recognize the many great people of this world who have served as an instrumental role to helping others along their path. we then begin to see god in others, the not so famous gurus and even more from all walks of life. steve has introduced me to amma the hugging saint and without realizing it, i have found yogananda through this forum and the recent help of friends in my waking life. Hazrat Inayat Khan believes the same, the message of sufism came to me in a dream and i have been profoundly interested in its teachings... Sufism is the act of seeking god in the heart of man- universal sufism, something Hazrat Inayat Khan has brought to the west is the idea all paths lead to the One. he teaches us to respect all branches of religion based on their sincerity, all offering universal truths to the seeker.
Aya has been a name i've used here in the past and i often change my alias. from triloke aya, dragonpie, red, 14, daemoon, the nicknames go on and whenever inspired i find myself wishing to express by this means. whether a new form takes place or a classic one visits us again. aya actually came to me in a dream of monks chanting the name. so, as i continue my efforts in pursuit of god, i decided to fall back on this timeless expression. no doubt you will detect my presence whatever form appears for my alias.  Grin

peace brother!  Smiley

music, meditation, writing, dreams, philosophy, politics, photography and the endless wealth from gurus all have been shared here upon visiting this forum- fitting for those tuning into the spiritual portal!

AND NOW, a song that has inspired my teacher! Inayat Khan

"Be wide awake! look at life passing away! One after the other, the persons you have been interested in, pass on. You too are passing on; pause to reflect that everything that comes to you, you have to be parted from in the end. Awake to see the difference between the real and the unreal. Understand that you are here just for a while; understand your destiny. Awake before it is too late!"
Report Spam   Logged
sk17

« Reply #6 on: Jul 29, 2018 09:10 pm »

hello SK,
no, i am not.  Cheesy thank you for the reminder! i have been meaning to go back to my friends place of worship, he is a hare krishna devotee and monk. there is a beautiful temple in my city. my spiritual journey started with no religious name- just a desire to love and know god since a young boy. i have had some interesting experiences with spirits and in my own fear turned off whatever ability was there. as i got older things started to pick up again. from astral projection to wild dreams back in 2008 which really caused me to go online to find information about the dreams. i met those interested by the 11:11 phenomenon- where a member has introduced me to this forum. i am on a few forums but i have a special fondness for this one and try to invite friends over here with the hopes to see it prosper as steve desires.

one aspect that has kept me drawn to this forum is the freedom to change and express, there isn't a time cut off on modifying your post and seems anyone from any background is welcome to express themselves in their sincerity. religion has become for me an expression of faith, which is the development and sincerity of the individual personality, and as yogananda says in listening to ones intuition. we needn't be devotee to any one person save god yet in our pursuit towards the one we recognize the many great people of this world who have served as an instrumental role to helping others along their path. we then begin to see god in others, the not so famous gurus and even more from all walks of life. steve has introduced me to amma the hugging saint and without realizing it, i have found yogananda through this forum and the recent help of friends in my waking life. Hazrat Inayat Khan believes the same, the message of sufism came to me in a dream and i have been profoundly interested in its teachings... Sufism is the act of seeking god in the heart of man- universal sufism, something Hazrat Inayat Khan has brought to the west is the idea all paths lead to the One. he teaches us to respect all branches of religion based on their sincerity, all offering universal truths to the seeker.
Aya has been a name i've used here in the past and i often change my alias. from triloke aya, dragonpie, red, 14, daemoon, the nicknames go on and whenever inspired i find myself wishing to express by this means. whether a new form takes place or a classic one visits us again. aya actually came to me in a dream of monks chanting the name. so, as i continue my efforts in pursuit of god, i decided to fall back on this timeless expression. no doubt you will detect my presence whatever form appears for my alias.  Grin

peace brother!  Smiley

music, meditation, writing, dreams, philosophy, politics, photography and the endless wealth from gurus all have been shared here upon visiting this forum- fitting for those tuning into the spiritual portal!

"Be wide awake! look at life passing away! One after the other, the persons you have been interested in, pass on. You too are passing on; pause to reflect that everything that comes to you, you have to be parted from in the end. Awake to see the difference between the real and the unreal. Understand that you are here just for a while; understand your destiny. Awake before it is too late!"

Thanks, Eric for telling me about your life and thanks for sharing these beautiful experiences .

You seem to be and kind and helpful person.

Take care bro. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: Jul 30, 2018 06:37 am »

hello SK,

peace brother!  Smiley

Thanks, Eric for telling me about your life and thanks for sharing these beautiful experiences .

You seem to be and kind and helpful person.

Take care bro. Smiley

Yes SK he has really been a friend In need as they say is a friend indeed! Many times people have left here but his spirit and contributions   have continued even when we have had great differences  politically he saw our common aspirations spiritually speaking. My hope is that others will bring that kind of service to our spiritual  quest which is more important   then a forum or a single name that identifies it.
« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2018 06:41 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
guest88
« Reply #8 on: Jul 31, 2018 06:53 am »

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
<3 thanks for the love!