Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 08:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Maha Mudra

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Maha Mudra  (Read 409 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Feb 03, 2019 11:33 am »

Although Maha Mudra is not part of meditation proper, it is a very important part of the whole meditation routine; especially if one is not practicing hatha yoga or a similar physical regimen. It is important because one of the main deterrents from meditation pratice is back problems.

Maha Mudra

Part-I: Sit erect. Bend the left leg back under the body so that the sole of the left foot supports the left hip. Draw the right leg up against the body, so that the upper part of the leg is as close to the body as possible, and sole of the foot is flat on the floor. Place hands with fingers interlocked around the right knee. Inhale making-the sound 'AAWW' as in Kriya proper bringing current from coccyx to point between the eyebrows. Hold up the breath, bend until the chin touches the chest; at the same time unclasp the hands and stretch the right leg forward until it lies straight on the floor. Continuing to hold the breath, grasp with both hands the toes of the right foot and pull them gently towards you mentally chanting one to six, then sit up straightening the spine and lifting the right knee upward until the leg is again in the first position. Exhale making the sound EEE and send the current down to the coccyx.
                  Part II: Repeat the foregoing, with leg position reversed.
                  Part III: Sit with both legs drawn up against the body and clasp the hands around the knees. Inhale making the sound 'AAWW' as in Kriya proper bringing the current upto point between the eye brows. Holding the breath bend the head until the chin touches the chest; at the same time unclasp the hands and stretch both legs forward until they are straight out in front of you. Still holding the breath, grasp the toes of the left foot with the left hand, and the toes of the right foot with the right hand and pull them gently towards you counting one to six as you do so. Resume upright position, with spine straight both legs drawn up close to the body and hands clasped around the knees - exhale making the sound 'EEE'.

This completes one Mahamudra. Repeat three times morning and evening before doing kriya proper. The purpose of Mahamudra is straightening of spine and for
encouraging the right distribution of prana along the spine.

http://www.sriramchandra.org/satyapadam/ExperiencesInPractisingKriyaYoga.htm
« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2019 11:35 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest88
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2019 08:28 pm »

Thank you Steve! I experienced a similar practice of carrying vibrations through the body after Yoga where the class chanted the "AAWW, OOO and EEE." I'll have to reference this with hopes of straightening the spine and experiencing prana.

Unfortunately my laptops screen is no longer projecting text correctly. I think this is my last chance at formally writing you for a while. I will try to reply from my phone in future post. Cheers!

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2019 04:23 am »

Maha Mudra, a technique which is given also by Gurunath for Kundalini Yoga is referenced in this video below describing the importance of practicing technique- the importance of sticking with a master to achieve realization.
Kundalini Meditation
Hiss ! Kundali sting ego mine
With nectar poison so sublime
Piercing my rainbow Lotus shrines
Making me to myself Divine !

Kundalini bless me with thy blaze
Delusion, suffering fear efface
Spine darkness; with they lightning light
Fragrance me ! Negative karma ignite !

Oh Mother of the mystic deep !
You are Life ! its livingness you keep
Remove shadow of death from me
In Shiva deathlessly to be !

Alakh Niranjan Om Shiv Om !
Alakh Niranjan Om Shiv Om !

OMKAR TECHNIQUES:
Hearing the birthing hum of creation introduces one to the Divine Indweller.

SHIVA SHAKTI KRIYA:
This practice is Kundalini Energy in motion. As the raison d’etre of Kundalini Yoga, it represents the highest evolution of humankind and is thus called the science of all sciences.

MAHA MUDRA:
The purpose of Maha Mudra is to open the flow of life energy in the spine by realignment. Integration of the physical, emotional and the mind is achieved by body, breath and light movement.

NABHI KRIYA:
The technique is used for stabilizing the pranic and apanic currents in the navel, thereby bringing about a tranquil state of mind.

KHECHARI MUDRA:
This is an inner astral flight and rejuvenating technique.

JYOTI MUDRA:
Light/sound meditation for seeing Hamsa-Soul as the Life Star of Light.

PARVASTA: LIVING IN THE “HERE-NOW”:
Integrating around a higher center of consciousness and holding onto the Present Awareness.

SAHAJ SAMADHI:
Enlightened awareness for Earth Peace. Entering the natural state of enlightenment.

http://siddhanath.org/kundalini-kriya-yoga/

Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2019 04:40 am »

Steve, Hi! My browser was the culprit for all that funky text. Everything is back in working order. I tried researching maha mudra further and found this video which seems to be missing the first part you shared above.

What do you think?
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2019 07:29 am »

Steve, Hi! My browser was the culprit for all that funky text. Everything is back in working order. I tried researching maha mudra further and found this video which seems to be missing the first part you shared above.

What do you think?

Hi there Eric you might want to check out the explanation and description of Maha Mudra. iIt is a bit different than the conventional one you see in hatha yoga. It is the preparatory kriya done for the SRF meditation techniques

Part-I: Sit erect. Bend the left leg back under the body so that the sole of the left foot supports the left hip. Draw the right leg up against the body, so that the upper part of the leg is as close to the body as possible, and sole of the foot is flat on the floor. Place hands with fingers interlocked around the right knee. Inhale making-the sound 'AAWW' as in Kriya proper bringing current from coccyx to point between the eyebrows. Hold up the breath, bend until the chin touches the chest; at the same time unclasp the hands and stretch the right leg forward until it lies straight on the floor. Continuing to hold the breath, grasp with both hands the toes of the right foot and pull them gently towards you mentally chanting one to six, then sit up straightening the spine and lifting the right knee upward until the leg is again in the first position. Exhale making the sound EEE and send the current down to the coccyx.
                  Part II: Repeat the foregoing, with leg position reversed.
                  Part III: Sit with both legs drawn up against the body and clasp the hands around the knees. Inhale making the sound 'AAWW' as in Kriya proper bringing the current upto point between the eye brows. Holding the breath bend the head until the chin touches the chest; at the same time unclasp the hands and stretch both legs forward until they are straight out in front of you. Still holding the breath, grasp the toes of the left foot with the left hand, and the toes of the right foot with the right hand and pull them gently towards you counting one to six as you do so. Resume upright position, with spine straight both legs drawn up close to the body and hands clasped around the knees - exhale making the sound 'EEE'.

This completes one Mahamudra. Repeat three times morning and evening before doing kriya proper. The purpose of Mahamudra is straightening of spine and for
encouraging the right distribution of prana along the spine.
« Last Edit: Feb 07, 2019 07:32 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: