Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 03:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

the similarity between a yogi and a sufi

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: the similarity between a yogi and a sufi  (Read 177 times)
guest88
« on: Feb 05, 2019 08:12 pm »

having little experience i can only speculate from a limited understanding. i believe the sufi and yogi point of view ultimately lead to the same goal. they are so closely related and still i feel the need to incorporate both, where my study of scientific yoga and meditation from the yogi philosophy is balanced with a humbling application of love for the creation from the sufi philosophy. both offer a way to liberate the soul from maya and both teach from a pantheistic knowledge. i am so moved by GTWA, the bhagavad gita for providing techniques to transcend duality, insights on differnet planes of existence, scientific inquiry on consciousness and so much more. and i am so often humbled by inayat khans devotion to love in its simplicity which must be from the result of having experienced the One soul, free from the delusion we are so often enthralled in. both a necessity, both speak of renunciation as a step in the souls evolution to experiencing this "ultimate" reality... i find after spending much time in the books of the gita that often yogananda is reminding me more so to simply meidtate and inayat khan to simply Love, wherever i am, and typically caters to my interactions with society.

The nature of beauty is that it is unconscious of the value of its being. It is the idealization of the lover which makes beauty precious, and it is the attention of the lover which produces indifference in the beautiful, a realization of being superior, and the idea, 'I am even more wonderful than I am thought to be.' When the vanity of an earthly beauty is thus satisfied by admiration, how much more should the vanity of the beauty of the heavens be satisfied by His glorification, who is the real beauty and alone deserves all praise. It is the absence of realization on man's part that makes him forget His beauty in all and recognize each beauty separately, liking one and disliking another. To the sight of the seer, from the least fraction of beauty to the absolute beauty of nature, all becomes as one single immanence of the divine Beloved.

It is told that God said to the Prophet, 'O Muhammad, if We had not created thee We would not have created the whole universe.' What, in reality, does it mean? It means that the heavenly beauty, the beauty of the whole Being, loved, recognized and glorified by the divine lover, moved to a perfect satisfaction, says from within, 'Well done, thou hast loved Me completely. If it were not for thee, O admirer of my whole Being, I would not have made this universe, where my creatures love and admire one part of my Being on the surface, and my whole beauty is veiled from their sight.' In other words, the divine Beloved says, 'I have no admirer, though I am standing adorned. Some admire my bracelets, others admire my earrings, some admire my necklace, some admire my anklets, but I would give my hand to him and consider that for him I have adorned myself, who would understand and glorify my Being to the fullest extent, wherein lies my satisfaction.'
https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/V/V_22.htm
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: