Spiritual Portal
Dec 13, 2019 03:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Daze of Heaven's new album: World Color

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

10 Sufi Principles

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Steve Hydonus

Views: 4
Comments (0)
By: kingfisher111

Views: 3
Comments (0)

Views: 9
Comments (2)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 Sufi Principles  (Read 10 times)
tides2dust
Administrator

« on: Mar 09, 2019 04:28 pm »

inayat khan observes,
Man unites with others in the family tie, which is the first step in his evolution, and yet families in the past have fought with each other, and have taken vengeance upon one another for generations, each considering his cause to be the only true and righteous one. Today man shows his evolution in uniting with his neighbors and fellow-citizens, and even developing within himself the spirit of patriotism for his nation. He is greater in this respect than those in the past; and yet men so united nationally have caused the catastrophe of the modern wars, which will be regarded by the coming generations in the same light in which we now regard the family feuds of the past.

he goes on to say religion also divides, not because religion is wrong but that man lacks understanding. the 10 sufi thoughts offer liberation:
Religion in the Sanskrit language is termed Dharma, which means duty. The duty of every individual is religion. 'Every soul is born for a certain purpose, and the light of that purpose is kindled in his soul' says Sadi.

Religion, in the conception of a Sufi, is the path that leads man towards the attainment of his ideal, worldly as well as heavenly. Sin and virtue, right and wrong, good and bad are not the same in the case of every individual; they are according to his grade of evolution and state of life.

so as long as we are born into this body we experience separation but from our own existence we see the inner workings of self as it fathoms reality. understanding, which matures like the aging of the body, is inevitable. this unfolding is described as one guiding force and one path. ultimately, we are lead back to union.

'There is One Truth, the true knowledge of our being, within and without, which is the essence of all wisdom.'

Hazrat Ali says, 'Know thyself, and thou shalt know God.'

It is the knowledge of self which blooms into the knowledge of God. Self-knowledge answers such problems as: whence have I come? Did I exist before I became conscious of my present existence? If I existed, as what did I exist? As an individual such as I now am, or as a multitude, or as an insect, bird, animal, spirit, jinn, or angel? What happens at death, the change to which every creature is subject? Why do I tarry here awhile? What purpose have I to accomplish here? What is my duty in life? In what does my happiness consist, and what is it that makes my life miserable?
'There is One Path, the annihilation of the false ego in the real, which raises the mortal to immortality, in which resides all perfection.'

'I passed away into nothingness – I vanished; and lo! I was all living.' All who have realized the secret of life understand that life is one, but that it exists in two aspects. First as immortal, all-pervading and silent; and secondly as mortal, active, and manifest in variety. The soul being of the first aspect becomes deluded, helpless, and captive by experiencing life in contact with the mind and body, which is of the next aspect. The gratification of the desires of the body and fancies of the mind do not suffice for the purpose of the soul, which is undoubtedly to experience its own phenomena in the seen and the unseen, though its inclination is to be itself and not anything else. When delusion makes it feel that it is helpless, mortal and captive, it finds itself out of place. This is the tragedy of life, which keeps the strong and the weak, the rich and poor, all dissatisfied, constantly looking for something they do not know. The Sufi, realizing this, takes the path of annihilation, and, by the guidance of a teacher on the path, finds at the end of this journey that the destination was he. As Iqbal says:

I wandered in the pursuit of my own self;
     I was the traveler,
          and I am the destination.

great teachers exist to show us a path to victory from our everyday battles and unite humanity.
https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/I/I_I_1.htm
« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2019 11:19 pm by tides2dust » Report Spam   Logged

peace ~ <3
tides2dust
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: Jun 23, 2019 04:31 pm »

"'There is One Holy Book, the sacred manuscript of nature, the only scripture which can enlighten the reader.'

Most people consider as sacred scriptures only certain books or scrolls written by the hand of man, and carefully preserved as holy, to be handed down to posterity as divine revelation. Men have fought and disputed over the authenticity of these books, have refused to accept any other book of similar character, and, clinging thus to the book and losing the sense of it, have formed diverse sects. The Sufi has in all ages respected all such books, and has traced in the Vedanta, Zend-Avesta, Kabbala, Bible, Quran, and all other sacred scriptures, the same truth which he reads in the incorruptible manuscript of nature, the only Holy Book, the perfect and living model that teaches the inner law of life: all scriptures before nature's manuscript are as little pools of water before the ocean.

To the eye of the seer every leaf of the tree is a page of the holy book that contains divine revelation, and he is inspired every moment of his life by constantly reading and understanding the holy script of nature.

When man writes, he inscribes characters upon rock, leaf, paper, wood, or steel. When God writes, the characters He writes are living creatures.

It is when the eye of the soul is opened and the sight is keen that the Sufi can read the divine law in the manuscript of nature; and that which the teachers of humanity have taught to their followers was derived by them from the same source. They expressed what little it is possible to express in words, and so they preserved the inner truth when they themselves were no longer there to reveal it."
Report Spam   Logged

peace ~ <3
tides2dust
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Jun 23, 2019 04:36 pm »

1 There is One God, the Eternal, the Only Being; none exists save He.
2 There is One Master, the Guiding Spirit of all Souls, Who constantly leads His followers towards the light.
3 There is One Holy Book, the sacred manuscript of nature, the only scripture which can enlighten the reader.
4 There is One Religion, the unswerving progress in the right direction towards the ideal, which fulfills the life's purpose of every soul.
5 There is One Law, the law of reciprocity, which can be observed by a selfless conscience, together with a sense of awakened justice.
6 There is One Brotherhood, the human brotherhood which unites the children of earth indiscriminately in the Fatherhood of God.
7 There is One Moral, the love which springs forth from self-denial and blooms in deeds of beneficence.
8 There is One Object of Praise, the beauty which uplifts the heart of its worshipers through all aspects from the seen to the unseen.
9 There is One Truth, the true knowledge of our being, within and without, which is the essence of all wisdom.
10 There is One Path, the annihilation of the false ego in the real, which raises the mortal to immortality, in which resides all perfection.

As Iqbal says:

" I wandered in the pursuit of my own self;
         I was the traveler,
              and I am the destination."
« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2019 11:18 pm by tides2dust » Report Spam   Logged

peace ~ <3

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: