Spiritual Portal
Apr 20, 2024 01:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Books on Life after Death

Recent Items

Views: 3
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 9
Comments (0)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Books on Life after Death  (Read 453 times)
StephenK

« on: Sep 29, 2009 01:29 am »

I just ran across the coolest web page a few days ago...

The page is called: Books on Life after Death.
http://new-birth.net/books_life_after_death.htm

What's cool about his page is that many of the books have accompanying pdf's, so there's the benefit of instant gratification!
Most are written by folks at various points in the earlier parts of last century. And most are channeled.

The book that I'm  currently reading is a channeled book written in 1954 from an entity who passed away in 1914. It's a
description of the garden that he found shortly after passing this world. The book is called "Life in the World Unseen" and
a direct pdf copy of the entire book can be downloaded for free at the following link:

http://new-birth.net/booklet/Life_in...rld_Unseen.pdf

Hope you enjoy the imagery as much as I have! :^)

....from page 9

The house itself was rejuvenated, as it seemed to me from a
first glance, rather than restored, but it was the gardens round it that attracted my attention more fully.

They appeared to be quite extensive, and they were in a state of the most perfect order and
arrangement. By this I do not mean the regular orderliness that one is accustomed to see in public gardens
on the earth-plane, but that they were beautifully kept and tended. There were no wild growths or masses of
tangled foliage and weeds, but the most glorious profusion of beautiful flowers so arranged as to show
themselves to absolute perfection. Of the flowers themselves, when I was able to examine them more
closely, I must say that I never saw either their like or their counterpart, upon the earth, of many that were
there in full bloom. Numbers were to be found, of course, of the old familiar blossoms, but by far the
greater number seemed to be something entirely new to my rather small knowledge of flowers. It was not
merely the flowers themselves and their unbelievable range of superb colourings that caught my attention,
but the vital atmosphere of eternal life that they threw out, as it were, in every direction. And as one
approached any particular group of flowers, or even a single bloom, there seemed to pour out great streams
of energizing power which uplifted the soul spiritually and gave it strength, while the heavenly perfumes
they exhaled were such as no soul clothed in its mantle of flesh has ever experienced. All these flowers
were living and breathing, and they were, so my friend informed me, incorruptible.

There was another astonishing feature I noticed when I drew near to them, and that was the sound of
music that enveloped them, making such soft harmonies as corresponded exactly and perfectly with the
gorgeous colours of the flowers themselves. I am not, I am afraid, sufficiently learned, musically, to be able
to give you a sound technical explanation of this beautiful phenomenon, but I shall hope to bring to you one
with knowledge of the subject, who will be able to go into this more fully. Suffice it for the moment, then,
to say that these musical sounds were in precise consonance with all that I had so far seen—which was very
little—and that everywhere there was perfect harmony.

Report Spam   Logged
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #1 on: Sep 29, 2009 07:17 am »

hi Stephen,

This web page sounds like an awesome find ! Definitely something that I am going to check out and most likely will start with the book you are talking about here, " Life in the World Unseen".

Most are written by folks at various points in the earlier parts of last century. And most are channeled.
This reminds me of a book I have heard about that was channeled from someone who died on the Titanic, and some relative of his wrote out his story. I can't remember the name at the moment, but it sounded interesting.

Quite interesting the flower and music connection that " everywhere there was perfect harmony ".... sounds delightful !
There was another astonishing feature I noticed when I drew near to them, and that was the sound of
music that enveloped them, making such soft harmonies as corresponded exactly and perfectly with the
gorgeous colours of the flowers themselves. I am not, I am afraid, sufficiently learned, musically, to be able
to give you a sound technical explanation of this beautiful phenomenon, but I shall hope to bring to you one
with knowledge of the subject, who will be able to go into this more fully. Suffice it for the moment, then,
to say that these musical sounds were in precise consonance with all that I had so far seen—which was very
little—and that everywhere there was perfect harmony.

Thank you Stephen, for sharing this with us.

Into Blue
Report Spam   Logged
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #2 on: Sep 29, 2009 09:11 am »

When I was looking up info on this book about the Titanic/ channel topic I came across this cd called " Reflecting Light " by Suzanne Doucet.  http://www.amazon.com/Reflecting-Light-Suzanne-Doucet/dp/B0009ZHE6O

and a little bit about the book, I was trying to remember the name of , it is called " The Blue Island " .

Product Description ( for the cd - REFLECTING LIGHT )
Hypnotic, Trance inducing and therapeutic instrumental music with a Grand Piano (Bechstein) lead played over electronic layers and slow pulsating rhythms. Shirley Maclaine used an excerpt from "Forever..." for her bestselling Video INNER WORKOUT.

The music for REFLECTING LIGHT was inspired by the book THE BLUE ISLAND a transcendental experience channelled by the daughter of a journalist who died in the Titanic accident.

Report Spam   Logged
StephenK

« Reply #3 on: Sep 30, 2009 05:32 am »

Thank You Into Blue!

I just looked it up on Rhapsody, downloaded it and it's currently playing in the background!

Did you know that this CD only has two tracks and both are about 27 minutes long! 
Clearly something wonderfully designed for a long moment of quiet reflection.... very nice...............  :^)

Report Spam   Logged
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #4 on: Sep 30, 2009 06:15 am »

You're welcome Stephen. Yes, I thought they just weren't sharing any more tracks, then I realized that two was all there was. This might be a nice cd to meditate with. 
Report Spam   Logged
StephenK

« Reply #5 on: Sep 30, 2009 06:03 pm »

It would be a great CD for quiet meditating Into Blue!!    But then I'm a funny one about how
I meditate myself.  I've been learning to do so as something of a continuous fixture in my day. 
I've been slowly but surly learing out much of my internal cobwebs in order to bring that quite zone
into the heart of my waking experience.   One of my most favorite styles of music to physically work-to that
helps augment this experience is trance.   But it has to be good trance.  Some of the stuff out there has a
very bad case of flat continuous loops that aren't very inspired or intriguing.   

Some of my most favorite performers in this genre are Atb,  Armin Van Buuren (Squatch just bought his "A State
of Trance 2009"  CD from Amazon a few days ago)  Ian Van Dahl, Ferry Corsten and Oscillator X. 

These are mixed-in with a number of other types of music that's carefully selected and shuffled
for my daily play-list while working on my home.... with the trance selections being among my more
favorite. 

It seems that what I'm liking about trance is that it's active enough to pace alongside ones normal
thinking patterns, and partly neutralizing and blending those thoughts by essentially absorbing them into the music.
The music itself is quite meditative in nature and yet with something of a more active twist....  :^)

Report Spam   Logged
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #6 on: Sep 30, 2009 06:15 pm »

It would be a great CD for quiet meditating Into Blue!!    But then I'm a funny one about how I meditate myself.  I've been learning to do so as something of a continuous fixture in my day.  I've been slowly but surly learing out much of my internal cobwebs in order to bring that quite zone into the heart of my waking experience.   One of my most favorite styles of music to physically work-to that helps augment this experience is trance. 

It seems that what I'm liking about trance is that it's active enough to pace alongside ones normal thinking patterns, and partly neutralizing and blending those thoughts by essentially absorbing them into the music.

The music itself is quite meditative in nature and yet with something of a more active twist....  :^)

Interesting style of meditating Stephen. I have heard this is a good way to bring oneself into the now , to bring the meditation into one's waking experience making it part of whatever it is that you are doing.

I think I remember you mentioning this trance music before. I am not recalling what it sounded like, so I will have to find some samples to listen to. At first when I read " trance " I thought you meant you went " into a trance " when you were meditating.

Amazing how there is music for every need and mood that one is in. How some of it motivates you, how some of it cheers you up, how some of it makes you sad or just kicks you into high gear and makes you want to get up and dance !
Music makes the world go round, a bit dizzy at times but fun ! LOL !  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: