Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 05:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Enabling others ?

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Enabling others ?  (Read 162 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Jun 05, 2019 07:05 pm »

For some reason some of us have created a responsibility to other people. We are often blinded by our karma and see only what we want to see in relationships until some of the karma is worked out. Then a cloud lifts and we feel we have no more obligations to them and begin to distance ourselves. That illusion appears to often be symbolized by Neptune in Astrology. We often can begin to see the behavioral patterns of others thru the relief of their actions and by analogous comparisons to illustrating stories that bring our sudden flashes into realizations. These can only be acted upon or by taking leave of the situations for others to assimilate their own patterns of behavior and consequential results.

It must be somewhat comforting to know that there are people who genuinely appreciate our generosity and care for you despite temporal differences. However in giving our time and effort to others we often begin to become aware that we are not always helping but rather sometimes enabling a pattern of destructive behavior to continue. Our encounters with others have only reinforced my own understanding of this. Even though I would really like to take up where I left off with some people I am best to be reminded there is a time to move on. We are not in a position to genuinely help others until they are able to see their own destructive behavior patterns and are willing to make an effort at change.

We need to look no further for proof of this than the President of our country. Some people tell their own stories long enough and convincingly enough and even others believe them and they certainly believe their own news reals. But it is blatant egotism to believe somehow that you or any one is more important than others and should be revered as a king.

I remember listening to a talk by  Brother Ishtananda; The left hemisphere of the brain is trying to put a story together about our life.  The left hemisphere will do anything to keep a belief - sticking to it no matter what.    There was a woman in a hospital in New York.  She kept saying that she was at her home in Maine.  The psychiatrist asked her, "If you are in your home in Maine, then why are there elevators in the building that she is in now?"  The patient explained to the doctor, "You wouldn't believe what it cost to have those elevators installed in my house".   So you see we have a spin-doctor who is trying to keep the story together of  'who I am '.   We believe our own press releases.
« Last Edit: Jun 05, 2019 07:44 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
LaurenLoo

« Reply #1 on: Jun 06, 2019 01:21 am »

Beautifully said.
Report Spam   Logged