Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 02:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Love Interest & Competition

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Love Interest & Competition  (Read 352 times)
guest88
« on: May 14, 2019 06:58 am »

Today a wise friend shared with me that competition is no problem. It is from the competition that you may become further enlightened of your beloved. It is important, no matter the circumstance, to make your love interest known to the beloved. And if you are denied, do not deny your beloved your smile or your good nature.
Keep your heart open and rise above.

...In the past I've responded to denial rather selfishly. Instead I am learning to respond in a way that shows I still care, not that I am hurt or need something in return. From the advice of others who have tread a spiritual path, best to forget our lesser selves in this journey of true Self discovery.

Blessings...
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #1 on: Nov 03, 2019 01:05 am »

Taken from Hazrat Inayat Khan's writing on The Mystical Heart.

So why do I post this here? Often we expect a particular level of reciprocity whatever the circumstance, and often as we begin to share a sentimental and tender side of ourselves we might hope to receive recognition on an intimate level. The lessons nature and social interaction provide are both painful and rewarding. It isn't selfish to crave a romantic affair, it is selfish to force one when it is simply not there, so I share here whenever you might wonder- is my Love unrequited? Don't stop digging for that purity, don't stop searching for home, move through the false realities until you've reached the destination. You will reach the destination; and in the process, you can rise above the pull of duality.. You can choose to surrender and let god, you can choose to keep digging.

Some say, 'I have loved dearly once, but I was disappointed.' It is as if a man were to say, 'I dug in the earth, but when the mud came, I was disappointed.' It is true that mud came; but with patience, he will reach the water one day. Only patience can endure. Only endurance produces greatness.

Imitation gold can be as beautiful as real gold, the imitation diamond as bright as a real diamond. The difference is that the one fails in the test of endurance, and the other stands up to it. Yet man should not be compared with objects. Man has something divine in him, and he can prove this by his endurance on the path of love.

Whom then should one love, and how should one love? Whatever a person loves, whether duty, human beings, art, friends, an ideal, or his fellow creatures, he has assuredly opened the door through which he must pass in order to reach that love which is God. The beginning of love is an excuse. It leads to that ideal of love which is God, alone. Some say that they can love God, but not human beings. But this is like saying to God, 'I love Thee, but not Thine image.' Can one hate the human creatures in which God's image is to be found and yet claim to love God? If one is not tolerant, not willing to sacrifice, can one then claim the love of the Lord?

The first lesson is the widening of the heart and the awakening of the inner feeling of the heart. The sign of saintliness is not in the power of words, not in the high position, either spiritual or intellectual, not in magnetism; the saintly spirit only expresses itself in the love of all creatures; it is the continuous springing of love from that divine fountain in the heart of man. When once that fountain is turned on, it purifies the heart, it makes the heart transparent to reveal both the outer and the inner world. The heart becomes the vehicle for the soul to see all that is within and without; and then a man not only communicates with another person, but also with God.
https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/X/X_6.htm

I have found the Divine Romance comes back to me in unexpected ways, and I have been able to connect with souls on a deeper level because of it. Let's devote our energies to God and ask to be guided by Love all ways.
Report Spam   Logged
kingfisher111

« Reply #2 on: Nov 03, 2019 06:13 am »

Wow!  Yes Eric!

This is the lesson I've been on again and again and again in this life... It is very surreal and even absurd seeming at times... but I feel very grateful for this now.

Right now I'm in a valley of physical recovery of my knee, but even this doesn't feel terribly relevant.  It would be if I wanted to go on more dates, but I don't think I do.  Now, more than ever, I feel I can trust God/Universe/Love to guide me where I need to be.  As a Human, I want a loving, spiritual partner, but I no longer feel like I need it.  The peace and power found in solitude and letting go of that desire is incredible.  The True Love, the Beloved, is God Herself.  Oneness.  True "Self Love". 

I know Universe will probably throw another person in my life when I least expect it that make my mind and heart turn into category 10 hurricanes of emotional ups and downs... but now more than ever, I know those are just states that will come and go, what remains the Stillness of Being.

Alone or together with a partner or friends, alone = All One...

On this plane, I will work towards the right partner with a holistic life I will work to improve, for myself and others.

As far as "unrequited loves"... these have fueled my spiritual journey, as you know... to say the least.  But as time has gone on, every single one of those "near misses Misses" is so obviously not the right person for me to be with... and it's just as clear now that the same is true of every girl I've ever dated or partnered with.  It's just experience on the journey of Life to help us all get where we're going... which in the end, is where we've always been!  Here Now as One/Love/Self/God.

How incredible!  What a Wild Wonderous World!!
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #3 on: Nov 03, 2019 04:21 pm »

Hi Art,

Some lovely insight there. Steve has said to me, "welcome to the life with a guru who takes you to the house of mirrors for a life tour."

There is One Guru guiding us all. It would also be the most romantic partner we'd hoped to find. I can say that everything happens at the right time. The more you trust in this process, that God is in control, the more rewarding life will be. That's my experience.

I am going to also share what I read from Yogananda last night, who speaks on losing loved ones.

It's all connected.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #4 on: Nov 06, 2019 06:27 am »

Divine love is trying to express itself in human souls through the various avenues of conjugal and parental love and the love of friendship.

All the various relationships of family, society and nationality among living creatures (even among animals birds and flowers) are but catalysts of life intended to purify and convert earthly love into divine love. When friendship and love between souls becomes corroded with poisonous chemicals of possessiveness, selfishness, mechanical family relationships, sex obsessions, physical attachment, emotional excitement, utilitarian barterings, sudden attachments followed by sudden hates—then human love dies.

But hidden in each man’s heart is in eternal divine love.  It may remain asleep for a while, but it can never really die. If man’s human love fails to become purified by his association with other people, he will be dissatisfied and he will keep on seeking other loves in this life (or beyond The portals of this life in an astral incarnation) until he meets someone (usually his guru) in whom he finds the full expression of all the perfections of divine love.

The highest form of earthly love his friendship for in friendship there is no compulsion. Until a perfect unconditional, undying, pure, divine love of true friendship has been expressed by the soul in a human incarnation there will be no liberation.~Paramahansa Yogananda
« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2019 06:45 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #5 on: Nov 06, 2019 02:48 pm »

What I have found is a reoccurring theme from many people in our culture that I have met and I think it is a phenomenon of our cultures behavioral patterns and conditioning. I think what we all have experienced here is what I was referring to in the last entry and will reiterate here from Paramahansa Yogananda;

All the various relationships of family, society and nationality among living creatures (even among animals birds and flowers) are but catalysts of life intended to purify and convert earthly love into divine love. When friendship and love between souls becomes corroded with poisonous chemicals of possessiveness, selfishness, mechanical family relationships, sex obsessions, physical attachment, emotional excitement, utilitarian barterings, sudden attachments followed by sudden hates—then human love dies.

I am specifically referring to utilitarian bartering although many of the other characteristics are applicable. Who we have become a culture of utilitarianism with little regard for spiritual affinities or enduring relationships. Recognizing what is happening in relationships is a major step in finding alternate views and approaches. Our culture is a culture of things rather than human integrity and spiritual affinities and growth. When this recognition dawns on us we can take a more conscious look at our own compulsions and obsessions; realizing that other people we meet may play to those weaknesses we carry to satisfy their own utilitarian desires.
« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2019 02:59 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest88
« Reply #6 on: Nov 18, 2019 05:46 am »

Art in case you missed what was shared by Yogananda, I posted it in a separate thread, for your reference
http://musicmeditate.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,5903.msg30261.html#msg30261
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: