Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 10:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Self-Absorbed

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Self-Absorbed  (Read 243 times)
guest88
« on: Jul 13, 2019 05:33 am »

Don't become so self absorbed that you fail to realize what's right in front of you, God- call it opportunity but so often we miss it. Sometimes we don't hear or see what is happening in front of us because we hear or see only ourselves, stuck in the workings of our mind, even when you think what you're thinking of is in the name of Progress- is this too Spiritual Vanity? 

"Don't get high off your own supply."

Not only is it important to strive for liberation through discipline, we must also learn to accept our imperfections, acknowledge our shortcomings but not dwell on them- and so it is with just about any thought, which can imprison and take away from being present- it is important to let go, you are more than your thoughts. 

Kind regards...
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #1 on: Aug 03, 2019 07:05 am »

During yoga today our teacher made it clear that what is happening with the body during our poses, between the simultaneous comfort and discomfort is different from the thoughts invading our minds and still different are the choices we make. Today we focused on keeping our eyes on a fixed point, concentration and breath. She reminded us to accept the perceived negatives in our life with compassion, reminding us of our very human nature, then guided us back to being the unattached observer. Somehow I felt this Faith in God as an underlying message. 

The lessons I am currently assimilating are, realizing the throngs of change are inescapable while simultaneously learning with an immortal and loving intelligence. Recognizing that I am both touched and untouched by Death, which is Life. Placing Faith in God, that he lives as a personalized entity in all that Is and still as One greater being. And... how to be friends and a Lover of such...

Perhaps some things are skewed, but I suppose Life will continue to serve this little soul, and I am learning to accept all that happens with gratitude. 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: