Spiritual Portal
Apr 20, 2024 02:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Mindfulness and Practicing the Presence

Recent Items

Views: 3
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 9
Comments (0)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Mindfulness and Practicing the Presence  (Read 2729 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #30 on: Dec 21, 2009 08:04 pm »

Nomaste Amorabsolutus

What consolation would this philosophy have for someone that is having their leg sawed off because of gangrene who had been fighting in the Civil War?

Steve

Well I'd be impressed that they were still alive now from fighting in the civil war, and really impressed that the infection didn't spread past the leg. Tongue

With that said it's not really relevant to the person as to when it happened. It did happen, and there is nothing they can do to change it. Many will fall into the path of suffering if they focus on the when's and how's. From there they will fall into well if I wasn't in the civil war, if I wore those thicker socks that I decided not to wear at the last min. I wouldn't be losing this leg now.

With that said when the guy fell, or did whatever he did, he did it in the NOW. There was never a time when he wasn't doing it now. When he gets amputated he is getting amputated in the NOW.

Nomaste Amorabolutus

i'm not sure that you are understanding what i am saying. Let us put it another way there is someone dying of starvation in the now right at this second of time. There is also someone being raped now or in these few minutes i am in the now. This will be true in your 'now' when you read this post.  Is there any consolation for them in your philosophy? There awarenes of the now is extremely painful. Would they want to be fully aware of that now? Would we want them to endure that suffering awareness? Your quote was: " I am never in the future, or in the past. I am and always will be now." So these people that are feeling these painful experiences are to be aware of them and be in the now? Wouldn't that add to the suffering? Can we be responsible if we are headed down the highway at nite and some one drives across the meridian with no lights on and hits us while we are in the now? Should we then practice being in the painful now as we sit there in agony and suffering from casualities? This now could be yours or mine at anytime. If we set foot in a car we must know this. If we breath in the 'now' a terrible catastrophy can be fall us from nature itself.

This is not the Cilvil war. This is the now. Some of these people are in the now and suffering is being thrust upon them. What consolation does your philosophy hold for those that are going thru this now? Should they be in the now and experience it to the fullest?

Steve Hydonus
« Last Edit: Dec 21, 2009 09:13 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: