Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 06:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Reiki ~ How does it work ?

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Reiki ~ How does it work ?  (Read 2815 times)
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« on: Dec 05, 2009 05:21 pm »

Just wondering, anyone into Reiki ? How does it work ? How did you get interested in this ?

Into Blue
Report Spam   Logged
amorabsolutus

« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2009 05:41 pm »

Reiki is a healing energy modality that is done by being tuned into the universal source through what is referred to as attunements. The attunements, there a 3 levels of attunement. Each attunement clears the channels for the individual to the universal source. Once they become "attuned" they are able to tap into the universal source to use the healing to heal themselves, or to send it to others. The healing can be done hands on, as well as sent remotely. (distance)
Report Spam   Logged
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2009 05:54 pm »

hi Amor,

Thanks for explaining.These attunements, that you are speaking of, is this something that is like learning a technique ? Does one need to have all 3 attunements  to practice it ? Like 3 levels of experience ?

I took a class once, that had a lesson on healing. It was like a hands on healing class - it wasn't called Reiki - but I could ' feel ' the energy when I put my hands near the person, like a heat or warm feeling. And when we switched places, and I was the person being ' healed ' I could feel the warmth or healing energy coming from their hands. I would guess that this is just a tiny bit of what the Reiki healing would feel like ?
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2009 06:00 pm by Into Blue » Report Spam   Logged
amorabsolutus

« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2009 06:00 pm »

To tap into the "reiki" source one has to be come a channel for this energy. After all we are just channels for it. Do you need to have all three attunements? When I first received mine I was told they were like a radio. The source being the radio, and the attunements being the tweaking, and tuning into the channel. Each of the attunements strengthens, and clears that channel.

Do you need all three? Many only receive the first, and are fine with that. The second teaches about sending the energy remotely, and incorporates symbols that are used to strengthen the energies. The 3rd one brings an adept to master level, teaches them the final attunement, and allows them the ability to attune others.
Report Spam   Logged
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2009 06:04 pm »

I would say that there is a definite advantage to having all 3 attunements.

So in distance healing, is this something where you set up a time with the person that is receiving the healing, so you are both on the same wave length, so to speak ? or can you just send the distance healing at any time, and then check in with the person sometime during the day, to see if they ' felt ' it ?
Report Spam   Logged
amorabsolutus

« Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2009 06:08 pm »

That answer varies from person to person. Some send their healing out to the universe for the person they are healing to be able to collect it at their leisure, or when they want it. Some work with the actual person at a designated time. I guess to them they feel it's stronger if both are receptive to each other at the same time.

The healing energies can cause a relaxing effect on the person. So some want to make sure it's not done when they are buy working, or driving, and prefer to do it an more opportune time.
Report Spam   Logged
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #6 on: Dec 05, 2009 06:29 pm »

That's cool, both versions, whatever works best for those involved it seems.

ohh, good idea then, not to do while driving, etc. wouldn't want distractions then causing accidents.

So what do you do, if you are the one who needs the healing ? Can you send yourself healing ? 
Report Spam   Logged
amorabsolutus

« Reply #7 on: Dec 05, 2009 06:34 pm »

You most certainly can send healing to yourself. In fact after the first attunement many teach of a 21 day cleanse where the student performs healing and cleansing on themselves for 21 days. Which is a reminder of the 21 day fast that Mikao Usui did when he meditated on top of a mountain and brought down to mankind the energies of Reiki.

Self healing works very well.
Report Spam   Logged
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #8 on: Dec 05, 2009 06:38 pm »

Wow ! a 21 day healing and cleansing, may I ask, is this like a fast where one only drinks juice or limits their food intake ?

Interesting on the actual number, 21 being chosen. I have heard that is the number of days it takes to change a habit, of course, lifetime habits might take longer to change as it took longer to establish them in the first place.
Report Spam   Logged
amorabsolutus

« Reply #9 on: Dec 05, 2009 06:54 pm »

No, you don't have to change your habits per say... But if you are cleaning yourself that time would be an amble time to dump old bad habits, and replace them with better habits. Water should be the drink of choice as it helps to cleanse the system, and push out old toxins, and energies. Stimulants, and drugs should be avoided.
Report Spam   Logged
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #10 on: Dec 05, 2009 07:03 pm »

I keep hearing this " water should be the drink of choice " but there is no taste. Even the different flavored waters, seem so non interesting.

Kind of like when you are going to the Dr. and you are told, after midnight you can't eat or drink - and of course, this makes you hungry and thirsty, just because you can't have any food or drink. And vice versa, if you are told you have to drink a certain amount of liquid, say for a medical test, then of course, one is just NOT thirsty at all ! Must need reverse psychology on this one, now that would be an interesting class to take - Reverse Psychology. I can think of several occasions when that could come in handy  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
amorabsolutus

« Reply #11 on: Dec 05, 2009 07:10 pm »

I keep hearing this " water should be the drink of choice " but there is no taste. Even the different flavored waters, seem so non interesting.

That is because you have been conditioned to accept a certain drink of choice in life. We are also conditioned to accept a certain food. Most times we do not even enjoy the subtle tastes of the pleasures that we consume. A person can eat a piece of cake, and love every bit of it, and maybe even have more of it. Take out the sugar, and you will notice that this cake is not the same, and doesn't taste as good as the one you have just had. You were conditioned to like a certain thing, and when you changed that up some. You notice it's not the same.

They say the same thing happens in smoking that you never quite enjoy the first taste, and always yearn to have that taste back.

I used to make the same claims that water was terrible, and had no taste. Granted now a days I drink more vitamin enhanced water than plain water, but I do drink plain water. I prefer it with actual lemon. My drink of choice when going out to eat.

Report Spam   Logged
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #12 on: Dec 05, 2009 07:21 pm »

Your comment on the " being conditioned " to things makes sense. It is all what one is used to, one just has to acquire new tastes. aha, so that is the secret on the water, either the vitamins or the lemon. Thanks !  Smiley

Report Spam   Logged
amorabsolutus

« Reply #13 on: Dec 05, 2009 07:50 pm »

Think of it more like variety. Repetitive things can become boring, and you can easily tire of them. Like working out all the time. A change here, and there can be a nice change of pace. So you don't feel like it's a chore to do it. Problem with the vitamin waters is that a majority of them are highly sugared. Most of which is not a natural sugar. I have thought of trying an orange slice, but haven't done it yet.
Report Spam   Logged
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #14 on: Dec 05, 2009 07:58 pm »

good idea on the variety, I have heard adding the orange slice is refreshing, you can also add a lime slice too (not in the same glass)

Surprising in a way, that there is so much sugar in a vitamin enhanced drink, kind of defeats the healthy idea of the drink. 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: