Spiritual Portal
Apr 16, 2024 01:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Overcoming Restlessness

Recent Items

Views: 23
Comments (5)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 19
Comments (4)

Views: 16
Comments (4)

Views: 30
Comments (4)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Overcoming Restlessness  (Read 5008 times)
guest88
« Reply #45 on: Jan 23, 2018 05:22 am »

I try to keep it simple and focus back to the breath. I layed outside tonight to meditate- we had clear skies. I noticed many distractions- like my thoughts and my surroundings. I continued to lay on my back and breathe. Every now and again my thoughts would pull me away from the present. Thinking on the past, thinking on the future- how I’d react or choose what to say to things that haven’t happened and truly don’t matter. I’d try to let these go by recognizing it as ego and maybe even a distraction from the present moment then going back to the breath. When I did this I noticed a comet. I think it was a comet, it was a quick white light shooting across the sky and quickly disappearing as it hurled forward. I thought that was pretty neat... anyways, sometimes a car would drive by and distract me from the meditation or some neighbors would walk by and I noticed them. I tried to dismiss it and keep my eyes rested on a fixed point in the nights sky and breathe. Tonight had many distractions and restlessness isn’t just physical but mental too. Slowing down and focusing back to the breath helped me be present, which is all I was trying to do tonight...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: