Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 03:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Overcoming Restlessness

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 0
Comments (0)

Views: 2
Comments (0)

Views: 3
Comments (0)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Overcoming Restlessness  (Read 4936 times)
guest88
« Reply #45 on: Aug 16, 2018 03:30 am »

Meditation has helped slow my thought process down and given me the opportunity to catch, when I'm not meditating, desires and emotions that are brought to the surface. The desire to eat, to reach out to a friend or to catch myself become upset by something or someone. Sometime's I question, where is this coming from? Sometime's not but there is a joy that comes with recognizing the surfacing of a restless thought. A joy in Understanding it. And There is also a joy that comes from letting it go and dissolving it into the liberating essence of no-thing-ness. From Autobiography of a Yogi, Yogananda briefly mentioned a great Saint Sadasiva who effortlessly stated, "Do not do what you want, and then you may do what you like."
Increasing our ability to focus is a skill, I have tried implementing watching ice cubes melt in a glass. Reducing my multi-tasking to a minimum and creating new pathways for the mind to rest on. There is a great unwinding and rewiring which has gone on now for nearly a decade, it is a life-style. Continual practice of meditation may help us overcome restlessness, as does questioning our impulses on a daily basis.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: